Firefighter loses job over insensitive social media post

As a latino I would prefer a bird water fountain filled with tequila.

I wonder who he voted for ;)

Well, that was pretty stupid. I hope the "Hey look I'm edgy" statement was worth it.

Enjoy unemployment asshole

Really, for that? He's no choirboy but people from the other side say much worse all the time and they suffer no consequences.

(Alt) right at it again
Earlier this week, Chris Bush posted this message on Facebook: "We should buy deer feeders fill them with pinto beans put them on the border and make a new hunting season. I wonder how many Texans will buy that hunting licenses and how many tags we would be allowed..."

https://abc13.com/4655180/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5be5e0429ebbef0001c650be&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3JwyGPFQC-L_d5zT_fjF6l46BPhggl_ehxJNc3h-lhibwSqR_ycnc3ISs

Hmmmmm, first, that comment is disgusting.

But just to play devil's advocate here. Isn't a fire fighter a government employee?

Should the government be allowed to fire someone over speech?

I mean, our Constitution is very clear. Those laws are meant to check government power, and they are absolute.

Really, for that? He's no choirboy but people from the other side say much worse all the time and they suffer no consequences.
Despite it being a joke, it's no laughing matter when someone alluded to hunting humans as if they were game . That is pretty bad.

Despite it being a joke, it's no laughing matter when someone alluded to hunting humans as if they were game . That is pretty bad.
Citizens have the right of defending their country from invaders.

What if he was joking?

Also, are you really ok with setting legal precedent for the government violating someone's speech?

I get that he is an employee, but he is a government employee, which gives him certain legal protections from his employer, no private employee enjoys.

Citizens have the right of defending their country from invaders.
And there are ways to apprehend and or repel the illegals that does not involve just shooting at them like they were animals. Even the police can not just shoot someone, unless they pose an imminent threat to life. The illegals crossing the border and not an invading army forcing their way in with weapons. Refugees are also not invaders, and some of these folks are refugees.

What if he was joking?

Also, are you really ok with setting legal precedent for the government violating someone's speech?

I get that he is an employee, but he is a government employee, which gives him certain legal protections from his employer, no private employee enjoys.
I am unsure on the constitutional legality of this particular incident. If it is determined that it violates his 1st amendment right, then he shouldn't have been fired. If however his said rights are not violated then good riddance.

I am unsure on the constitutional legality of this particular incident. If it is determined that it violates his 1st amendment right, then he shouldn't have been fired. If however his said rights are not violated then good riddance.

Well, I can tell you how this goes. They surely have a code of conduct policy at that fire department. The official reason given will be that he violated the code of conduct policy.

It is a run around to free speech protections.

I don't think that run around should be legal.

And there are ways to apprehend and or repel the illegals that does not involve just shooting at them like they were animals. Even the police can not just shoot someone, unless they pose an imminent threat to life. The illegals crossing the border and not an invading army forcing their way in with weapons. Refugees are also not invaders, and some of these folks are refugees.
invader
/ɪnˈveɪdə/
noun
  1. a person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.
    "it is a country that has repelled all invaders"
    Synonyme: attacker, raider, plunderer, pillager, marauder, looter
Maybe words are too difficult for you, should someone draw an invader for you?
Keep living in your fantasy world.

Back