Firefighter loses job over insensitive social media post

How are you going to defend it?
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Are you going to kill any of them?

(Alt) right at it again
Earlier this week, Chris Bush posted this message on Facebook: "We should buy deer feeders fill them with pinto beans put them on the border and make a new hunting season. I wonder how many Texans will buy that hunting licenses and how many tags we would be allowed..."

https://abc13.com/4655180/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5be5e0429ebbef0001c650be&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3JwyGPFQC-L_d5zT_fjF6l46BPhggl_ehxJNc3h-lhibwSqR_ycnc3ISs
Could be seen as advocating murder as well as negative points for such an unfunny joke.

There are a lot of these deluded, deranged, demented people out there. He must have thought his Facebook friends would get a kick out of it too, which says a lot about his friends.

"Hey guys, how cool would it be to lure Mexicans with pinto beans and murder them? Ha! Everybody would wanna murder them, right?"

Hopefully this guy does not have kids or any other contact with children.

If we outlaw murder on attempted border hoppers, only outlaws will murder attempted border hoppers.

There are a lot of these deluded, deranged, demented people out there. He must have thought his Facebook friends would get a kick out of it too, which says a lot about his friends.

"Hey guys, how cool would it be to lure Mexicans with pinto beans and murder them? Ha! Everybody would wanna murder them, right?"

Hopefully this guy does not have kids or any other contact with children.

I am not a fan of this. You should hear me and my non-white friends talk shit to each other.

I got a Mexican buddy, I have said way worse shit to. Given it was a joke.

The way people are responding to anything that could be racist these days is frieghtening.

I don't think this is the equivalent to screaming fire in a crowded building. No danger is created by this comment. It is certainly in bad taste, but when did we decide as a nation that offensive speech needs to be policed?

I must have missed that vote.

I am not a fan of this. You should hear me and my non-white friends talk shit to each other.

I got a Mexican buddy, I have said way worse shit to. Given it was a joke.

The way people are responding to anything that could be racist these days is frieghtening.

I don't think this is the equivalent to screaming fire in a crowded building. No danger is created by this comment. It is certainly in bad taste, but when did we decide as a nation that offensive speech needs to be policed?

I must have missed that vote.

What have you said that is worse than luring Mexicans with beans and murdering them?

People need to wake up and stop acting like complete morons on the Internet. If you post it, it is public. That is not the same as a private conversation, and you will be held accountable for what you post. This is where a little bit of personal responsibility becomes necessary, but somehow these full grown men can't control themselves. I'm sure this firefighter is the kind of guy who would have yellow cards on Sherdog, and complain that the mods were being unfair.

(Alt) right at it again
Earlier this week, Chris Bush posted this message on Facebook: "We should buy deer feeders fill them with pinto beans put them on the border and make a new hunting season. I wonder how many Texans will buy that hunting licenses and how many tags we would be allowed..."

https://abc13.com/4655180/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5be5e0429ebbef0001c650be&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3JwyGPFQC-L_d5zT_fjF6l46BPhggl_ehxJNc3h-lhibwSqR_ycnc3ISs
Justified.

If your dumb enough to post a controversial statement under your own name then you will have to face the consequences.

In 2018 there is no excuse the internet is forever .

He got a fools reward for his "edgy" statement.

What have you said that is worse than luring Mexicans with beans and murdering them?

People need to wake up and stop acting like complete morons on the Internet. If you post it, it is public. That is not the same as a private conversation, and you will be held accountable for what you post. This is where a little bit of personal responsibility becomes necessary, but somehow these full grown men can't control themselves. I'm sure this firefighter is the kind of guy who would have yellow cards on Sherdog, and complain that the mods were being unfair.

Accountable by who?

Everyone I know is a fucking edge Lord.

Who are these delicate snowflakes?

I don't know any. I see them on TV, but people in real life, curse, make sexist jokes, racist jokes, Nazi/Jew jokes.

Who are these people you speak of?

Not a fan of the PC police or SJW, but that was a pretty dumb thing to post.

Really, for that? He's no choirboy but people from the other side say much worse all the time and they suffer no consequences.
Hard to claim the moral high ground encouraging behaviour like that.

Accountable by who?

Everyone I know is a fucking edge Lord.

Who are these delicate snowflakes?

I don't know any. I see them on TV, but people in real life, curse, make sexist jokes, racist jokes, Nazi/Jew jokes.

Who are these people you speak of?

Accountable by your employer and your community.

The rest does not seem to align with anything I said.

Not a fan of the PC police or SJW, but that was a pretty dumb thing to post.

I agree with this. I also think it is dumb to be a white person, and go vacationing in Afghanistan. Doesn't mean I support the consequences of either.

I think the joke is worse tbh.
That's a crime against comedy

See, this I support more. This guy should be relentlessly mocked.

I am fine with spokes people being held to this standard. The fire chief certainly can't say this.

I'm just not sure I support Joe blow, having his speech policed.

I sort of enjoy watching idiots e-suicide their careers due to social media use.

Back