Law Florida Stand Your Ground story

It kills me that people think it's okay to attack others and then try to the dictate that person's reaction to being attacked. Keep your hands to yourself

Sure, if you mean to tell me that if I was up in your wifes face you wouldnt do a thing about it

You can lie to me and tell me you would say excuse me sir you need to unrufle your feathers if you want

But I will call you a liar

the shooter wasn't even in her face, she was inside the car and didn't even get out until she saw her man coming at his blind side. neither guy is worth defending as both seems like POS but this whole thing could have been involved by keeping your hand to yourselves.

I think any able bodied person that uses a handicap parking spot should be reported, video'd, photo'd and pursued by police and face a serious fine, not $250 but at least $3000 and have their license suspended.

1. The shooter was clearly assaulted
2. The criminal stepped forward to commit more violence until he saw the shooter reach for a gun
3. Killing was probably not necessary but who knows what this savage might have done to him
4. Florida is a crazy place

The great equalizer. Right to bear arms should be changed to right to be a pussy and pick fights knowing you are packing.

The fact prior criminal record is irrelevant is insane.

He assaulted a peaceful man. Who knows his intentions or what is next. Clean cut stand your ground. No issues.

In the famous words of some funny comedian ( I forget), "don't break the law asshole"

the guy was pushed. his life was not in danger. the stupid fuck should rot in jail.

suspect shooting? sure
do I feel sorry for the guy? not in the slightest

don't assault people you won't have to deal w/ the consequences (justified or not)
This is my take on it, just because I randomly see some guy yelling at my gf doesn't mean I assault him. I would yell back at him and tell him to stfu but I wouldn't attack them, and this is in canada not a US state with SYG law LOL

start the confrontation then? is he the fucking police? no, he is an insecure POS with a gun.

What does it matter if he is the "fucking police"? Regular citizens are allowed to confront others. You sound like a weak bitch

What does it matter if he is the "fucking police"? Regular citizens are allowed to confront others. You sound like a weak bitch
he is the weak bitch for confronting and then shooting the guy, and you sound like his girlfriend for defending him.

So the guy that got shot, was shot in the side. Not sure how someone poses a threat and also gets shot in the side. Maybe the guy who got shot was going to try a superman punch on the shooter.
As I have said all along, this was a bad shooting.

Based off of the OP’s description the shooter should be in jail.

1. He went out of his way to start a confrontation.

2. Being thrown to the ground is not life threatening.

Fuck that guy. He’s the type of idiot that really does get a power trip from having a gun and gives honest 2a supporters a bad name.

Off with his head.

For the record I support the concept of ‘stand your ground’ but there should be a clear life threatening situation in order for a gun to be drawn and used. That’s why cases are tried and judged on an individual basis. This guy fucked up imo and should pay a big price for it. Some of the shit I’ve read in the past in regards to ‘stand your ground’ incidents where people got off light in using deadly force really don’t sit well with me.

For the record I support the concept of ‘stand your ground’ but there should be a clear life threatening situation in order for a gun to be drawn and used.

What makes it clear? Other than hindsight, of course. And why is the standard "life threatening" instead of great bodily harm?

"A few months ago, according to the Tampa Bay Times, Rick Kelly parked his tanker truck in the same handicapped spot and said he was confronted by Drejka.

Drejka walked around his truck, looking for handicap decals, then demanded to know why Kelly had parked there, the trucker told the Tampa Bay Times. At one point Drejka threatened to shoot Kelly.

“It’s a repeat. It happened to me the first time. The second time it’s happening, someone’s life got taken,” Kelly told the Tampa Bay Times. “He provoked that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-standing-his-ground/?utm_term=.28e4153565ba

"the Sheriff’s Office had prior contact with him in 2012 when a driver accused him of pulling a gun during a road rage incident. Drejka denied he showed the gun, and the accuser declined to press charges."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...rgument-over-handicap-parking-space_170174041

He was bound to kill someone eventually.
I know someone claims it happened to them. Is there anything more than that?

Criminals? Come on man. I'm about as much as an outstanding citizen as they come, but I'm also a "manly man" of sorts and would very likely push a grown male that was yelling in my fiance's face as I exit the store because I'm pushing him away from her. Then I'm taking over for the rest of the situation while she stays behind me. It's my responsibility to protect my family from danger, and that's what random strangers yelling in her face would look like. So no, it's not what "criminals" do, it's how some people react if they feel their family is in danger. There's a 0% chance I am in a situation like that and I walk up like "hey what's going on here" like some Beta Male chump. 0%.

Actually now that I'm typing, do you know what criminals do? Shoot people who are unarmed and pose no immediate threat. Unfortunately the law hasn't caught up to the crime. Yet.

He's just trolling because that thread is pure garbage lol.
While I agree with you, if I was in a place like Florida that's a complete ass-backwards shithole in that regard, I would never ever ever shove someone or even talk back to crazy idiots on the street. Just the thought of being shot over petty shit and having the police actually stand up for the shooter over my dead corpse terrifies me to my very core. The prospect of that possibly happening is way more scary than failing to live up to the rugged "I'm here for you babe" strong man. If you're a family man, a live beta puts more food on the table than a dead alpha.

Don't get me wrong if I'm in a place where the law is reasonable (pretty much everywhere else in the civilized world) I'm probably reacting the same way the dead guy did (probably wouldn't shove him hard enough to fall on his ass though), but in Florida? Fuck all that shit.

edit: just realized you live in Florida. Stay safe.

While I agree with you, if I was in a place like Florida that's a complete ass-backwards shithole in that regard, I would never ever ever shove someone or even talk back to crazy idiots on the street. Just the thought of being shot over petty shit and having the police actually stand up for the shooter over my dead corpse terrifies me to my very core. The prospect of that possibly happening is way more scary than failing to live up to the rugged "I'm here for you babe" strong man. If you're a family man, a live beta puts more food on the table than a dead alpha.

Don't get me wrong if I'm in a place where the law is reasonable (pretty much everywhere else in the civilized world) I'm probably reacting the same way the dead guy did (probably wouldn't shove him hard enough to fall on his ass though), but in Florida? Fuck all that shit.

edit: just realized you live in Florida. Stay safe.
LMAO!!! Hey man my neighborhood in FL is really nice, no Florida Man allowed.

You're right though, it's something you have to be careful about because SO many people have guns here, even grandma has guns. It's not the place you want to start fights. My fiance has concealed carry n carries her gun everywhere for example.

Knowing all this is still tough for me though. It's would be near impossible for me to see that and not push a guy even if just out of the way. But then, I realize my girl would never be arguing with a random dude over something so dumb.

Overall a crappy and very avoidable situation for all involved.

Whether either of you know it or not, you've both come to the same conclusion, even if you personally dislike the conclusion you've both come to:

An armed Society is a polite Society.

You both expressed an extreme reluctance at starting physical confrontations in a known armed Society.

By your own admission, for you the phrase "an armed Society is a polite Society" is true to the point of being axiomatic. Even if you wish it wasn't so, you're currently living your life as if that phrase is 100% true. So for you, this phrase is now an axiom.

What makes it clear? Other than hindsight, of course. And why is the standard "life threatening" instead of great bodily harm?

I would consider ‘great bodily harm’ to be life threatening. And these things are judged in ‘hindsight’, so as a carrier of a firearm you need to both consider and be aware of that prior to usage.

What makes it clear? If the guy threw him to the ground and continued with the assault I could see reaching for the piece in self defense. But it sounds to me like dude got tossed and from there pulled on the other guy and shot him. And this was after he instigated the entire thing on top of that from how it reads.

Only enough force necessary to prevent the assault from continuing is a solid general rule imo. And this guy stepped well over that line here. That’s why the justice system exists, these things get looked at and tried individually. And if I were the judge or jury I’d be paying close attention to 2 things here 1. who instigated the assault? 2. Was the deadly force here being used to prevent further harm/was the assault continued after dude was tossed making the use of deadly force necessary?

Bottom line is this: carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility, and you can’t just do whatever you feel like with that responsibility. There should be clear cut guidelines that one should need to understand and follow in the case where usage occurs. And if you step outside of those parameters you go to jail.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back