Floyd Mayweather VS Marcos Maidana 9 PM ET/ 6 PM PT on PPV DISCUSSION

I think the right decision was made, but the 114-114 was the most accurate scorecard!

Reminds me of that No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain is somewhere in Argentina and the local guide is proudly explaining how the town has been made and with customs maintained as if you were still in Austria/Germany? and Bourdain looks at her and says something along the lines of...."Yeah that's great and all but it means all the natives were killed off and replaced with this" She just smiled:redface:

I think Argentina had a lot less Native Indians to begin with compared to Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador etc and a hell of a lot less than Peru and Guatemala.

So it was kind of White by default unlike most of Latin America.

This is what happens when MMA fans score a boxing match, I live in sweden so I got up really early to watch this fight, when I got on sherdog I was like holy shit, is mayweather on the verge of an ass beating? Then I went up, watched the fight from the begining, but all I see Maidana doing was rushing floyd and hitting his arms, hitting him to the back of the head, Floyd however was landing in the exchanges. It was pretty clear cut from a boxing point of view, that Mayweather did plenty enough to win.

However, neither fighter was hurt och dazed in this fight, and there is a huge difference between boxing and MMA, it's really apples and oranges.

breaking news, riot inside MGM grand. Latinos vs Blacks.

Just saw this on my spanish...err..."TV"....don't know what the hell they're saying but cops are rounding them up.

This isnt true. I was watching an EL SEXO boxing match with a mexican buddy of mine and he scolded me for cheering on THE SEX, saying mexicans dont like argentinians.

So I asked the oldest and most wise mexican I know, gramps.

"Gramps, do mexicans hate argentinians?"

The old man snickers and says, " Mexicans hate Mexicans."

LOL!

That is sig worthy!

Both are declining. Pac moreso than Floyd but Floyd has lost a bit of a step I think. He won this fight easily imo(I had it 9-3) but at the same time it wasn't a Floyd "like" performance. It took him 6 rounds to really get going.

If they do fight I think Floyd wins a close fight like 7-5 that is sort of like this one. Manny throws a lot more shots but misses a ton while Floyd is around 50-60% accuracy.

Its such a shame that both guys are now well past their primes, anyways credit for Maidana for really trying to put his weight on Floyd and bully him, he fought the way that Canelo should have , Canelo boxed and looked fucking stupid, Maidana brawled and clearly swayed people that don't score a certain way, I too had Floyd winning big but I can understand why some people had it closer.

I think Floyd took it pretty clearly but I'm a little intoxicated and had people yapping in my ear the whole time so I might as well rewatch tomorrow to make sure. Floyd seemed to start slow but ended up landing the much cleaner shots after awhile, he seemed especially effective in the latter half of the fight, I really doubt i'll watch tomorrow and think Chino got "robbed" let alone win. Floyd doesn't dominate and it's a robbery in a lot of people's eyes.

Just saw this on my spanish...err..."TV"....don't know what the hell they're saying but cops are rounding them up.

That is sig worthy!

Yea im at a sports bar with few friends watching the warriors game.very loud crowd noise a block away.

This isnt true. I was watching an EL SEXO boxing match with a mexican buddy of mine and he scolded me for cheering on THE SEX, saying mexicans dont like argentinians.

So I asked the oldest and most wise mexican I know, gramps.

"Gramps, do mexicans hate argentinians?"

The old man snickers and says, " Mexicans hate Mexicans."

LOL!

Fucking lol, that's classic. FONS Gramps is the man.

Its such a shame that both guys are now well past their primes, anyways credit for Maidana for really trying to put his weight on Floyd and bully him, he fought the way that Canelo should have , Canelo boxed and looked fucking stupid, Maidana brawled and clearly swayed people that don't score a certain way, I too had Floyd winning big but I can understand why some people had it closer.

I don't agree with the 114-114 scores, especially with how wide the punching stats were, but I can understand people saying it was a draw. Anybody saying Maidana actually won though is biased as fuck. He did not win 7 rounds in that fight.

Maidana really did have a great strategy though. Canelo would have made the fight a lot more interesting if he did this.

Back