Floyd Mayweather VS Marcos Maidana 9 PM ET/ 6 PM PT on PPV DISCUSSION

I'm going to enjoy breaking this fight down for you guys in the next few days and showing you how to properly score a fight.

As quite clearly some of you don't have the faintest idea what you are doing.

A draw card here is just as bad as a draw card in the Cotto fight. Truly awful scoring from whoever gave Maidana six rounds in that fight.

Agreed. But I give him the first 5. I could see round 2 going to Floyd, tho. So that would only give him 4.

But he made some of the later rounds close (not close enough to take, but close nonetheless).

Where we disagree is where you suggest that just because it's ugly it isn't effective or worthy of being scored.

We'll see, man... Floyd hasn't fought an athletically gifted fighter in 8 years? Hasn't fought someone like Khan.. ever.

I wanna see it, so many fantasy match ups of Floyd vs Ray Leonard etc but we've never seen him with a supremely athletic fighter his size.

Kahn may very well be one of the first fighters Floyd knocks out in awhile

It was a really close fight. I gave it to Floyd but wasn't "disgusted" by the draw. No point in debating here as this forum is filled with mostly blind Floyd haters AND fanboys.

It was a really close fight. I gave it to Floyd but wasn't "disgusted" by the draw. No point in debating here as this forum is filled with mostly blind Floyd haters AND fanboys.

Word, and as Jay and Seano pointed out, most don't know how to score effective aggression.

why do they hate you guys? You seem like one of the safer places in SA.

They are "Whiter" than most other Hispanics from other Hispanic countries and I think some of them can be arrogant towards other Hispanics....Most Hispanic countries are solidly "Mestizo" but I think with Argentina and Uruguay they are more European with only like 15 percent Amerindian blood.

We'll see, man... Floyd hasn't fought an athletically gifted fighter in 8 years? Hasn't fought someone like Khan.. ever.

I wanna see it, so many fantasy match ups of Floyd vs Ray Leonard etc but we've never seen him with a supremely athletic fighter his size.

Floyd plants Khan on his ass.

Donald Trump agrees with you losers that Maidana won. Floyd won 7 rounds to me.

You claim "Cheap American judges" yet you are rooting for Maidana solely because he is a Latino like yourself.

Stfu you hypocritical idiot...

where dafuq did he say he's latino ? you think only latinos were rooting for maidana tonight ? lol

Reserve Judgement? Floyd has a long list of criminal charges. I will concede Mayweather is one of boxing's greats, but he is a failure as a human being. The man belongs in prison. How anyone can cheer for this vile scumbag is beyond me.

Over the years, Floyd has had significant issues with women and the criminal justice system in Nevada. In 2002, he pled guilty to two counts of domestic violence. In 2004, he was found guilty on two counts of misdemeanor battery for assaulting two women in a Las Vegas night club.

On another front, Mayweather was on the fringes of an August 2009 shooting incident that took place outside a Las Vegas skating rink. His Rolls Royce was spotted at the shooting scene and one of his associates, Ocie Harris, was indicted on attempted murder charges for shooting at two passengers in another car.

Additionally, in February 2005, Floyd was fined and ordered to perform community service after pleading no contest to misdemeanor assault and battery charges in conjunction with an altercation that took place in a bar in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/thomas-hauser/floyd-mayweather-jr-when-is-enough

Mayweather pleaded guilty on Dec. 21, [2011] to a reduced battery domestic violence charge and no contest to two harassment charges in a plea deal that saw prosecutors drop felony and misdemeanor charges that could have gotten Mayweather 34 years in state prison if he was convicted of all charges.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...-mayweather-jail-domestic-violence/52413328/1

Here is the best one:

Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been charged with eight crimes, including four felonies, stemming from a domestic violence incident at his ex-girlfriend's home last week, the Clark County district attorney's office said Thursday.

Mayweather was charged with two felony counts of coercion for threatening to beat his son if he called 911 or left the home, according to the criminal complaint filed against him.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ged-robbery-domestic-battery-and-other-crimes
Get the fuck out with this.

We don't watch Floyd because we're fans of domestic abuse. The guy is a great fighter. Don't be mad because he wins.

I have a friend or two that have domestic abuse charges. They're not all "vile scumbags." The key thing is you don't them or the whole situation. Reserve judgement.

Why the fuck would I reserve judgment for someone who's already been judged in a court of law? By the letter of the law, they are scumbags and that's good enough for me.

Why is that??

It is true that Argentines are "More European" than most Hispanics, but they still have some Amerindian blood in them....It's just a lower percentage of Amerindian blood than most Hispanics from other Latin American countries.
they romanticize the old world so much they forgot to create their own national identity

this is your typical argentine

[YT]6dV58iGUxpI[/YT]

3:30-3:50

I'm going to enjoy breaking this fight down for you guys in the next few days and showing you how to properly score a fight.

As quite clearly some of you don't have the faintest idea what you are doing.

A draw card here is just as bad as a draw card in the Cotto fight. Truly awful scoring from whoever gave Maidana six rounds in that fight.

How about them gloves chief?, your bias is as plain to see as the nose on your face.

its a fight not a beauty contest. maidana out worked him 2-1, punches landed were even, no knockdowns or buzzing happend. Maidana's workrate, aggression, and body attack superior than floyd landing single shots(many of which were slapping) and preening.

Why is that??

It is true that Argentines are "More European" than most Hispanics, but they still have some Amerindian blood in them....It's just a lower percentage of Amerindian blood than most Hispanics from other Latin American countries.

It is much lower, but most will generalize an entire population and just whatever they have come across.

How about them gloves chief?, your bias is as plain to see as the nose on your face.

its a fight not a beauty contest. maidana out worked him 2-1, punches landed were even, no knockdowns or buzzing happend. Maidana's workrate, aggression, and body attack superior than floyd landing single shots(many of which were slapping) and preening.

You're trying to debate with the most irrational Floyd fanatic on here. Don't waste your time bro.

Back