Floyd Sr. believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. on his way to the UFC

Love it
Never saw it with that music & it makes it funnier

tenor.gif

Wasn't that proved to be staged?

Still amusing.

If it is, I am unaware. I have not tried to find out, nor have I stumbled across anything since witnessing that clip on teh interwebz many keyboard clicks ago.

...after a quick query, it does not seem to be fake...

metro.co.uk

cbsnews.com

Lol if you think Conor doesnt decimate Mayweather standing. MMA standup is completely different to boxing. May loves the hip hinge defense and the philly defence, he'd damn well get KO'd.

<LikeReally5>

Dont underestimate a boxers punching power. Floyds not a big puncher for boxing but in MMA he would fire away and have devastating power with mma gloves. I do think any talk about a mma fight is nonsense IF he hasnt trained mma in secret. Just takes too long to develop a ground / wrestling game and in Floyds case stop with his tricks to cheat the rules like in boxing with his ducking under waist line, turn his back to opponent....etc.

Other than that I dont get the hate Floyd Sr. gets in this thread (not you). He never was the most articulate so what? But he still is a damn good boxing coach who knows everything there is to know.

Dont underestimate a boxers punching power. Floyds not a big puncher for boxing but in MMA he would fire away and have devastating power with mma gloves. I do think any talk about a mma fight is nonsense IF he hasnt trained mma in secret. Just takes too long to develop a ground / wrestling game and in Floyds case stop with his tricks to cheat the rules like in boxing with his ducking under waist line, turn his back to opponent....etc.

Other than that I dont get the hate Floyd Sr. gets in this thread (not you). He never was the most articulate so what? But he still is a damn good boxing coach who knows everything there is to know.
sr. really is a great guy. he gets a lot of hate and i understand it because of his son, and how he is always his biggest fan. but it is almost impossible not to like him if you actually know him. as for how coherent he is, he is quite aware of his difficulties with speech and thought. he has talked about it quite freely. soon i look to do a long recorded interview with him about it

i think the only way this deal happens is if mayweather gets a piece of the UFC. not a bad idea if he wants to get into MMA promotion.

Lol if you think Conor doesnt decimate Mayweather standing. MMA standup is completely different to boxing. May loves the hip hinge defense and the philly defence, he'd damn well get KO'd.

<LikeReally5>

stop playing this shit EA SPORTS UFC 3.
every fucking style has to adapt lmaoo its wrestling or boxing (just pick one), but imo boxing has the most useful transmission to MMA and im one of the biggest MT/BJJ nerds.

floyd = stephen hawking
conor = some random high school teacher.

Boxing is the greatest of the striking arts. But Floyd is clown. He doesn't want a real fight.

Fuck off you senile publicity whoring sack of crap.

tumblr_m15iuiuhxX1qa6lp8.gif
Cold blooded. You'll be old one day too. Thats why most cultures teach respect for elders because you'll want to be treated with respect in diminished state. Don't they teach that in Canada?

OFC this is happening. Like I always say - if it makes dollars it makes sense. This makes a lot of fucking dollars.

Floyd has shown pretty good power when he's committed to using it, KOed Ricky Hatton for example which is not easy to achieve.

My guess is if Floyd signs with the UFC it will be to fight Conor anyway, theres no other fight in MMA that would earn him enough money to make it worth his while plus of course stylistically its a good one for him with Conors limited grappling ability.

<LikeReally5>

Do you seriously think floyd would try his shell in an mma or street fight?

He is a trained boxer ,he would move n potshot

I don't see it. Floyd has never ceded the advantage in negotiations. I don't see this being any different. The only reason I could see him doing this is a combo of ego, money, and wanting to be in the spotlight again. Maybe under K-1 rules or modified rules, just have a hard time seeing him doing it under unified rules. Maybe if he was broke like Toney, but he's not.

I see this happening.

Special rules like Crocop v Wand 1.

Maybe they'll implement a 10 second ground rule where they have to restart after 10 seconds on the ground.

Also no low kicks.

That might make the fight slightly competitive.

Floyd has shown pretty good power when he's committed to using it, KOed Ricky Hatton for example which is not easy to achieve.

My guess is if Floyd signs with the UFC it will be to fight Conor anyway, theres no other fight in MMA that would earn him enough money to make it worth his while plus of course stylistically its a good one for him with Conors limited grappling ability.

He didn't "knock Ricky Hatton out" per say. He embarrassed Hatton to the point where Hatton was visually frustrated, and eventually broke. Hatton just gave up at that point in my eyes. Now Pacquiao. Pacquiao knocked him out. Cold.

He didn't "knock Ricky Hatton out" per say. He embarrassed Hatton to the point where Hatton was visually frustrated, and eventually broke. Hatton just gave up at that point in my eyes. Now Pacquiao. Pacquiao knocked him out. Cold.

Hatton was hurt and clearly fell over from it, not out cold like Pacman of course but still I think a demonstration of pretty good power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back