Foods you used to hate but learned to love?

I never liked liver. When my mother cooked it, it was like eating shoe leather. Once I found someone who didn't over cook it, I liked it. Liver and onions.

Organ meat is cheap. I buy pig hearts and cow liver , cuisinart them, and make a meatloaf out of it. I slice it up, freeze it, and that lunch for a couple of weeks. I just take 1 - 1 1/2 slices each lunch.

Actually Onions are pretty sweet if caramelised. It does sucks when eaten almost raw though.

I used to hate Iced Lemon Tea. I started drinking them after late teens, though I won't say I loved them I accepted them. At least until my mid 20s when I stop drinking sweet stuffs all together.

Pancakes. I hated them tbh and could never finish a whole one.

Now, I think I’ll go make one in a moment. Mhmm love them thick n fluffy n drenched in maple syrup

ASS

d099ef5f5546e696447d29668dd5093d.gif

Seriously I'm all about eating ass nowadays. I really don't want/need anything else

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Capers
Peaches
Melons
Kiwis (with those is still a love/hate relationship)

Brussel sprouts. I'll down an entire skillet now.

I wish I could think of more but I've noticed my tastes have become super similar to my parents(more specifically my father)

Disliked dark chicken meat, now chicken thighs are my favorite with chicken wings as a close second, before I would only touch the breasts and tenders

Hated pork growing up(except for the pounded out panko crusted pan fried with something heavy on top) but these days I prefer pork to beef.

The blackened bits, charred meats, roasted veggies, crispy crispy pizza. I recently fell in love with the bitterness of a heavy/proper char gives food. Got me into grilling and have really embraced high heat cooking ever since, making hype style smash burgers has become a staple when hanging out with my uncle. Also started to use the broiler when I'm too lazy to fire up the grill.

Also I switched from ketchup and relish on my hot dogs to mustard and onions or sauerkraut depending on what's available, really dig mustard these days

Salty>sweet

Ginger and cilantro. Now i'll put obscene amounts on foods that call for it.

Most things are the opposite now for me. My mom was such a shit cook when I was a kid that I just can’t eat certain things anymore because I was forced to eat them so much. Beans and weenies, chicken nuggets, canned soup, etc.

Organ meat is cheap. I buy pig hearts and cow liver , cuisinart them, and make a meatloaf out of it. I slice it up, freeze it, and that lunch for a couple of weeks. I just take 1 - 1 1/2 slices each lunch.
Can’t beat a bit of offal, I’m not keen in prepping kidneys cos they kind of smell like what their job is, but it’s worth it. Liver is even better, and top of the tree is the sweetbread, god damn those things are delicious...

Used to hate avacados, thought it tasted like hass. Now I love it! Put that shit on everything...

Eggplant and cucumber - found both to be extremely delicious as part of Chinese cuisine.

Back