Opinion For the richest man in the world Elon Musk acts pretty dumb

He's not Brackis.

I wonder how people process fiction if they have such a poor handle on character.

frequent, baseless, emotionally fueled meltdowns about Musk is a clear indication. But I'm open to the possibility that I'm incorrect. I doubt it though.

frequent, baseless, emotionally fueled meltdowns about Musk is a clear indication. But I'm open to the possibility that I'm incorrect. I doubt it though.

I think he'd like to keep it quiet. But that's kind of like people who can't tell Sinister apart from PBI.
"X doesn't like Musk, Y doesn't like Musk; therefore, X=Y." But their vocabularies are different, their writing styles are different, their opinions about other things are different, their interests are different, etc. I recommend reading fiction more. In addition to being fun, you can learn a lot--more than non-fiction in most cases, IMO.

I think he'd like to keep it quiet. But that's kind of like people who can't tell Sinister apart from PBI.
"X doesn't like Musk, Y doesn't like Musk; therefore, X=Y." But their vocabularies are different, their writing styles are different, their opinions about other things are different, their interests are different, etc. I recommend reading fiction more. In addition to being fun, you can learn a lot--more than non-fiction in most cases, IMO.
to avoid another instaban, you have to assume that a person on the black list would switch up their vocabs, peruse subforums they normally wouldn't. but several hot button, "triggering" topics expose these folks. like we see here.

I read plenty of fiction.

just finished this:

"The Troop"

to avoid another instaban, you have to assume that a person on the black list would switch up their vocabs, peruse subforums they normally wouldn't. but several hot button, "triggering" topics expose these folks. like we see here.

I read plenty of fiction.

just finished this:

"The Troop"
Putting aside the fact that I know, people can't hide themselves that well. And if they could, you wouldn't know. The only link here is a negative impression of Musk, which is very common and justified.

Putting aside the fact that I know, people can't hide themselves that well. And if they could, you wouldn't know. The only link here is a negative impression of Musk, which is very common and justified.
I don't believe I've ever seen @blackheart post once in the stocks thread, which was where Brackis did most of his posting, for years.

I'd imagine if he was really Brackis, he'd have made some posts in there.

You don't have to understand something to misquote it.

Like 1984, for example. Do you think any of them understood it?

These guys ALMOST got there until they realized how bad it made them look, watching them scramble for alternative interpretations was hilarious.

Oh, God. Dave Rubin trying to discuss serious literature on a PragerU video. They're trying to equate the dumbing down of complex language that was done in 1984, to prevent the communication of subversive ideas, with people asking to use preferred pronouns?

Then the ball gargling of Trump...fuck. Yeah, he'd save us from a 1984 scenario...

Famous 1984 quote: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Real Donald Trump quote: "Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening."

Every returning banned member is PBI(ProBoxingInsider) to that guy. He must've done a number on old Jackie boy.

It's Brackis.

I don't believe I've ever seen @blackheart post once in the stocks thread, which was where Brackis did most of his posting, for years.

he hasn't spoken about how rich he is yet, or how "I made more money last month than you did the entire year..." nor as he employed the "derp derp, posting from a karate forum" insult.

but give him time.

More than that, their writing style is not even a little similar. Like I said, people guessing that don't seem to be able to recognize personality or writing.

If he is Brackis he needs to get his ass back to the stock thread.
That dude made me money.

I keep seeing rightoids claiming that Elon is owning Disney because Disney+ just lost a bunch of subscribers.

It's the Disney streaming subsidiary in India that lost subscribers because it didn't renew rights to stream cricket in that country.

...but the rights were so expensive relative to the subscription revenue that their profit increased because of this decision.

LOL @ thinking anybody is going to boycott Disney into giving Elon Musk money to advertise on what used to be Twitter.

I couldn't give less of a shit about trading stocks. I have a 401k and that's it

Jesus. I've never seen anyone frame something so oddly.

What @Jack V Savage and all us leftists are doing is saying that the 1st Amendment applies to both. It applies to twitter allowing for posts about "russiagate," and it allows for Media Matters to report on X's letting their adds appear next to nazi shit.

Both of these are protected under the 1st Amendment, no question.

What you lot are doing is constantly trying to rephrase something in such a terrible fashion. So now it isn't Media Matters reporting on something they found, it's them distorting reality. And we hate distorting reality, so this one must be banned while the other gets to happen. It's nonsensical, and a really dumb way to try to frame this as two seperate issues.

And this is why you can go back and look at this thread and find the liberal being very clear, that Elon has a right to host all the nazi shit he wants. Elon has the right to shitpost and ban people who offend him. And advertisers, very obviously, have the right to take their messages elsewhere, for whatever reason they want.

We've even argued that Elon has a right to ban speech at the request of the Turkish government, which he's done. And there's nothing unconstitutional about calling him a complete hypocrite for that either.

The left here has consistently applied the 1st Amendment. The right, as your post so clearly shows, does not. Once again you chuds have inverted it to suggest that criticism of right-wingers is unconstitutional. And now there are calls for government intervention to force social media companies (all private entitites) to host any and every comment some right winger wants to make. That, is the exact opposite of what the 1st Amendment sets out to do.

Once again the issue is a simple one. The left understands the Constitution. The right either does not, or does not care to see it applied evenly. And it's disgraceful.
What do you make of the claims that various government agencies have been and probably still are going to companies like meta or x, to ask for the taking down of various posts/ accounts. Is there a case to be made for a 1st ammendment violation by proxy? This is an adjacent topic, but im curious to hear what you make of that. It feels like most of the handwaving regarding that comes from the "left", like we've seen with the twitter/facebook files or any new information presented about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mezgomg
Back