Foreign Movie Recommendations

Museo

Saw this a couple months back and really enjoyed the suspense in it. Plus it's a great story.

Dont get thrown off by the YouTube shit. They distributed it but didnt make it.

Also technically this is foreign

Same with this

I Saw The Devil
The Killer
Hard Boiled
A Bittersweet Life

Life is beautiful

The movie where Franke potente is saved after a bike accident and sets out to find the man that saved her.

Dark blue world : Czech WW2 / romance movie with the most right in da feels ending since frys dog waiting for him in futurama.

A new world: Korean gangster movie and my favorite in the genre

The wailing: Korean horror that combines a ton of different genres into one and does so brilliantly.

La horde: French zombie flick

The night comes for us. Indonesian martial art movie with alot of the cast from the raid. Manages to top the raid in its hyper violence.

In the mood for love: chinese romance flick . there are two more in a trilogy of sorts i believe

Gun city: spanish semi historical movie that deals with civil unrest that lead to a coup. If you like old timey noir/ gangster type movies this film is a clear ode to tge genre from start to finish.

Just finished watching "Tell No One (2006)". It's a french movie. It was quite confusing but it's one of those movies where you don't understand what's going on during the majority of the film and then you get the whole explanation towards the end. It was pretty good, not great.

Victoria (2015) is intense and claustrophobic. It was shot all in one take. You read that correctly, all in one take.

victoria-2015-turkce-dublaj-izle-742.jpg
In one take? Damn. Will check that out.
I Saw The Devil
The Killer
Hard Boiled
A Bittersweet Life
I've had "I Saw The Devil" and "A Bittersweet Life" on my list for a while. Will definitely give those a watch and will also check out the other 2.
Dark blue world : Czech WW2 / romance movie with the most right in da feels ending since frys dog waiting for him in futurama.

A new world: Korean gangster movie and my favorite in the genre

The wailing: Korean horror that combines a ton of different genres into one and does so brilliantly.

La horde: French zombie flick

The night comes for us. Indonesian martial art movie with alot of the cast from the raid. Manages to top the raid in its hyper violence.

In the mood for love: chinese romance flick . there are two more in a trilogy of sorts i believe

Gun city: spanish semi historical movie that deals with civil unrest that lead to a coup. If you like old timey noir/ gangster type movies this film is a clear ode to tge genre from start to finish.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I remember watching "The Wailing" but never finished it. Shit got too weird and I turned it off. Wasn't the type of movie I was expecting.

Keep em coming.

So many good ones were released this year and are still in theaters:

Roma (Mexico)

Cold War (Poland)

Burning (South Korea)

Shoplifters (Japan)

Border (Sweden)

Capernaum (Lebanon)

Hollywood this year has sucked massive ass.

There's a Japanese And Then There Were None I couldn't find subtitles for. The Japanese Murder on Orient Express was kinda shitty.

City of God
Good,bad the weird
Apocalypto

Ah, yes i checked out a movie currently on netflix called operation red sea. It is based on Chinas military intervention in Yemen to rescue a few hundred civilians. I've seen it criticized as propaganda but who cares It had so many good battles with terrorists getting gruesomely demolished it made me proud to be Chinese by the end and I'm not even Chinese. bork1}

Anybody say Amelie yet? *covers up in anticipation of things being thrown*

Backcountry
The Changeling
Das Boot
Ju-on
Let the Right One In
Suspiria
Tenebre
Wolf Creek

In one take? Damn. Will check that out.

Yea, with one take, and its far better than you would ever think possible. We watched this in the Sherdog Movie Club during Week 2 and I was skeptical of what could be accomplished in a single take. One shot that lasts for 2 hours. If anyone tells you a film can't be made in a single take, you can tell them to watch Victoria. Its a serious accomplishment. I'll put it this way, the director Sebastian Schipper has accomplished more in a single take than many directors ever accomplish with as many takes as they like.

Check out this trailer.

A world without thieves is an overlooked gem from the same guy who made crouching tiger hidden tiger.
Also I am a big fan of johnnie To his movies are always awesome (Drug war, Triad election 1&2, mad detective, triangle) his works are quite reminiscent of the early 90s HK crime films but a bit darker and focusing more on the perspective of the baddies (light on the honorable thief aspect as well).