Former Russian Spy Critically Ill in Britain After Exposure to an Unknown Substance

Russia be like ...

giphy.gif

Puttin is fucking flexing. He's starting to really enjoy his power. He's getting older so fuck it, he's going to make some waves

This seems odd. If they wanted this guy dead why would they bother poisoning this guy with some ultra rare chemical rather than just getting someone to shoot him?

If he was simply shot/stabbed it would still be very suspicious but using some chemical like that almost garuntees they are going to draw some connection here.

Also the UK seems to have blown their wad too fast on this one. If anyone has knowledge of some person being an ex-KGB agent and simply poisons them appearently you can destroy diplomatic relations overnight.

Lol. So they're still sending their team, which is what matters, but just not having themselves sit in a VIP box? What a joke

As I said earlier in this thread (or its brother as I believe there's two on this topic) Putin pushed his chips in with making the killing such a statement with the radiation, and is waiting to see if England will call, raise, or fold like a bitch. Right now, its seeming like the latter with a bit of stammering while tossing in the cards

This seems odd. If they wanted this guy dead why would they bother poisoning this guy with some ultra rare chemical rather than just getting someone to shoot him?

If he was simply shot/stabbed it would still be very suspicious but using some chemical like that almost garuntees they are going to draw some connection here.

Also the UK seems to have blown their wad too fast on this one. If anyone has knowledge of some person being an ex-KGB agent and simply poisons them appearently you can destroy diplomatic relations overnight.
My guess would be that the Russian government wanted to send a very clear, very public message to those who’ve defected, and anyone thinking about defecting. If he was simply shot, even if it was suspected that the Russian government was behind it, it would be just as easy to assume a random burglary gone wrong. Using a nerve agent, or polonium, really doesn’t leave much ambiguity in the minds of those the message was targeted at.

My guess would be that the Russian government wanted to send a very clear, very public message to those who’ve defected, and anyone thinking about defecting. If he was simply shot, even if it was suspected that the Russian government was behind it, it would be just as easy to assume a random burglary gone wrong. Using a nerve agent, or polonium, really doesn’t leave much ambiguity in the minds of those the message was targeted at.

This. I think its a clear statement, as was the Russian response "You don't threaten a nuclear power". Things gettin ugly..

I think I've seen in Russian media they said that this poison never was in Russia's possession. Like, in USSR times they manufactured it in modern day Uzbekistan and after the fall of USSR Russia never manufactured or had this poison. I think they also said that Czech Repiblic, UK and some other countries, I forgot them, may have this poison in their possession. Oh, they also said since UK officials was able to identify this poison that means that they know how to manufacture it and probably they owns some amount of this poison.
And if I'm not wrong some Russian official or media says that Skripals might have been poisoned by poison from Japanese fish and not by Novichok poison.

Soooo, what spy agency carries out the most assassinations?

I'd like to see some stats, as unreliable as they may be.

Don't really see moral high ground of the Brits after they went along with the Iraq War which is an exponentially worse offense than this assassination.

Also curious to see stats on users of "secret prisons" to do "enhanced interrogation".

This guy was apparently a double agent; God knows where his loyalties lie or how much blood he has on his hands. Feel sorry for the innocents that got caught in the middle and hope they all survive ok.

But at the end of the day, if this was Mossad killing a former double agent in, let's say Syria or Iran, nobody would give the slightest of shits.

Soooo, what spy agency carries out the most assassinations?

I'd like to see some stats, as unreliable as they may be.

Don't really see moral high ground of the Brits after they went along with the Iraq War which is an exponentially worse offense than this assassination.

Also curious to see stats on users of "secret prisons" to do "enhanced interrogation".

This guy was apparently a double agent; God knows where his loyalties lie or how much blood he has on his hands. Feel sorry for the innocents that got caught in the middle and hope they all survive ok.

But at the end of the day, if this was Mossad killing a former double agent in, let's say Syria or Iran, nobody would give the slightest of shits.
On Russian TV they said that guy cooperated with Russian court and told them what he knew about British spies in Russia. And after he was exchanged he told British (or maybe Americans) what he knew about Russian spies in UK or US.
Also, I recently seen on Russian TV guy who said that he knew Berezovsky and that he asked him, why Berezovsky chose UK over US. He said that according to Berezovsky UK less strict, in US secret service are more serious and will tell you to not participate in certain activities/business, not to leave Manhattan and stuff (because other way you can be found by spies or get killed). And in UK you can do what you want and secret service there don't give a shit.

On Russian TV they said that guy cooperated with Russian court and told them what he knew about British spies in Russia. And after he was exchanged he told British (or maybe Americans) what he knew about Russian spies in UK or US.
Also, I recently seen on Russian TV guy who said that he knew Berezovsky and that he asked him, why Berezovsky chose UK over US. He said that according to Berezovsky UK less strict, in US secret service are more serious and will tell you to not participate in certain activities/business, not to leave Manhattan and stuff (because other way you can be found by spies or get killed). And in UK you can do what you want and secret service there don't give a shit.

Thank you for sharing that info.

Thank you for sharing that info.
You welcome. They said that maybe he was poisoned in an act of revenge by Russian or UK/US ex-spies. But I haven't checked info about him telling any sides of spies. It might be not true, for example, one day they were saying on TV that Skripal was pardoned by Russian president Medvedev and other day they telling you that it was amnesty.

Shhhh, we're trying to circle the wagons against Russia here.

Just go along with it

I think I've seen in Russian media they said that this poison never was in Russia's possession. Like, in USSR times they manufactured it in modern day Uzbekistan and after the fall of USSR Russia never manufactured or had this poison. I think they also said that Czech Repiblic, UK and some other countries, I forgot them, may have this poison in their possession. Oh, they also said since UK officials was able to identify this poison that means that they know how to manufacture it and probably they owns some amount of this poison.
And if I'm not wrong some Russian official or media says that Skripals might have been poisoned by poison from Japanese fish and not by Novichok poison.

Not that I suggest being uncritical of Western media, but do you really think that Russian media is likely to provide accurate reporting on this subject?

Back