Media Former World Champion Matt Hughes Appears to be Suffering From Very Serious Brain Damage

He actually answers this in the OP.

He doesn't remember the accident at all. He forgot the entire day (but is able to recount what he was doing based off of what people have told him.)

He also provides a description of the area.

It really just could have been an accident.

people speculate he was trying to die due to nothing being there where he got hit to obstruct his view . if that was the case he would have tried again. Imo especially with life being so much worse now and medical expenses and what its done to his family. hes still here. i dont think he wanted out. he was likely exhausted or distracted by something and it really was an accident. if he had music going or a loud truck there is a chance he thought he could beat the train or simply never saw it coming. freak accidents happen. truck could have stalled out on the track. could have been something like sleep walking, cte related, sleep deprived related. could have been sick or something that day. whats his eye sight and hearing like? its all speculation but the people who say it looks like he was trying to die i think thats the least likely.

anyone here ever had to wake up and drive to work completely exhausted and when you finally get there you can't remember the drive? a lot of factors make driving unsafe if you think you are always at 100% you're wrong.

i honestly think they need to ban cars all together. seems like they are nothing but problems. consider your self lucky if you've never been in an accident. not only are there many factors that could make you a worse driver on any given day there are a lot of people out there who you'd never imagine how bad they are at driving yet have a license.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the nature of his injury is such that his thinking is fine and only his speech is impaired, or did he lose significant cognitive ability as well?

Hope Matt can find some peace

fucked up thread imo.

didn't entertain the video but this
probably should be deleted.

It was surprising seeing how damaged he got. This isn't from fighting though it was from getting stuck on train tracks and getting hit by a train.

What gave the game away? The "hit by a train" bit?

people speculate he was trying to die due to nothing being there where he got hit to obstruct his view . if that was the case he would have tried again. Imo especially with life being so much worse now and medical expenses and what its done to his family. hes still here. i dont think he wanted out. he was likely exhausted or distracted by something and it really was an accident. if he had music going or a loud truck there is a chance he thought he could beat the train or simply never saw it coming. freak accidents happen. truck could have stalled out on the track. could have been something like sleep walking, cte related, sleep deprived related. could have been sick or something that day. whats his eye sight and hearing like? its all speculation but the people who say it looks like he was trying to die i think thats the least likely.

anyone here ever had to wake up and drive to work completely exhausted and when you finally get there you can't remember the drive? a lot of factors make driving unsafe if you think you are always at 100% you're wrong.

i honestly think they need to ban cars all together. seems like they are nothing but problems. consider your self lucky if you've never been in an accident. not only are there many factors that could make you a worse driver on any given day there are a lot of people out there who you'd never imagine how bad they are at driving yet have a license.

buy your self a bike, slap a dildo on the seat and ride on. at least if you fall off that you are doing it in style

What did the train operator say in the police repoet?

I remember like 10-15 years ago someone broke down his book chapter by chapter with their own explanation and it was absolutely hilarious. According to the person who did it Matt Hughes was the biggest pieces of shit ever LOL

He actually sounds a lot better in this interview than in previous interviews.

Did we ever find out HOW he was hit by a train? Was he showing off driving in front of it or was he trying to die?

It seems like either he was totally wasted and passed out in his car on tracks, and/or it was on purpose. You can see, hear, even feel the vibrations from a train coming a mile away, it’s really hard to accidentally get hit by one.

Whoever does that should be permanently banned.

This is so sad to see. Matt is a legend. As someone already said, we should all be happy he got alive from that accident. I wish him all the best and lets all hope he recovers. Also, someone recently posted a interview with Garry Goodridge where it appears that he is getting a lot better. Is it possible to recover from such injuries ?

Yeah it's so sad. Hughes was the man when I started getting into UFC. He just seemed unbeatable for a time.

Back