FOX is likely to replace UFC with WWE TV

Ilovepizza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<21><{smellit?}>

"[Fox] is definitely trying to get [the WWE]. They'll pass on UFC, then use 'Raw' for [Fox Broadcasting] and FS1 content,"

http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/new...-down-ronda-rousey/1ovzh7gbpyt9t1fglfp1m7xr2w

The UFC met with ESPN, Turner Sports, CBS and NBC last year to try to drum up interest, according to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal. But none seemed interested in paying the $450 million annual average. Fox recently put an offer of $200 million annually on the table.

giphy.gif

f6HJPkM.png

fd111ace7931683341ffc2d8fced3242.gif
40e6a2b74494ca887cff563e325c9725.jpg

da2b0dce9d7a2421c42a0589d6ef1a04.gif
HTTP2lydW50aGVpbnRlcm5ldC5jb20vbHVsemR1bXAvaW1hZ2VzL1dXRS1tb25leS1pbi10aGUtYmFuay1Kb2huLUNlbmEtcmVhbGx5LWhhcHB5LTE0MDM2MzU0NzIwLmdpZgloglog.gif

<20>

UFC getting that ECW/TNN treatment.

In 6 years we'll see a cage match wrestling event under the UFC/WWE banner.

really? Didn't think WWE still had mass appeal in 2018.

I mean I was really into it ... back when I was 14-15, but now it's pretty hard to maintain my interest.

I mean I was really into it ... back when I was 14-15, but now it's pretty hard to maintain my interest.
I don't get it either.

I really don't get the hype around WWE.
Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interested in watching something like this.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interestet in watching something like this.
Wrestling can be fun to watch if you have good characters and story lines. Same as tv/movies. Problem is all the characters and stories suck now. Stone cold Austin the rock days were amazing.

Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interestet in watching something like this.
Think of it more as a story or soap opera. If u watched over the years u would see a huge shift in how they wrestle. Independent scene focuses more on moves while WWE focuses on plot.

Going to end up on Tru Tv

Will they do countdown to Wrestlemania, fake weigh ins, pre and post Wrestlemania shows tho?<23>

ufc is dying

just as i said

Professional wrestling's fans get to see their favorites in fake action probably every week.

How often do the bag lickers get to see their Conor Mcmothballs, Nurmagomisu's, Hollowlimbs.

Pro wrestling's shit but at least the fans see their favorites more than once in a life time.

I guess UFC tried to get more exposure through TUF, biut most of the fighters are no names. 2 no-names going at it.

Sure the possibilty of 2 no-names going at it could be a barn burner, but a no-name has a better chance of getting recognition from a fight against a known opponent.

UFC has exposure alright, as a brand, but it's product is the fighters- which don't get the promotion or air time that a WWE wrestler gets.

It's a no-brainer. Fans are getting what they want.

I don't watch wrestling cause I can't follow story lines. If i could watch story lines I'd probably be a fan.

As for the UFC well I think it's pretty shit. Fighters don't fight. They fight on instagram.

Crazy idea: Maybe right now there are another guys who are actually 14-15

mind_blown.gif

You've been replaced - there's a whole new crowd of 14-15 year olds.

Can't say Fox is the best, but who is going to replace them with a better offer than $200 million?

Are they really going to put cards on NBC every other week or on NBCSN?

I'm surprised that HBO and Showtime are not in the running, given the coin they use to shell out for boxing. Honestly, that would be the best and not 1,000 commercials a card.

WME are in a conflict of interest since they handle WWE contract negotiations and own the UFC. They are trying to split the UFC deal to get two networks to pay 200 million for separate packages. To get exclusive UFC rights they want $450million per year. To counter FOX are saying they are willing to drop the UFC completely and use WWE content. This would mean NBC(other main bidder and current holder of WWE rights) would have to pony up for the full UFC package, and probably lose the WWE. UFC insider/shill mmalogic gives the UFC spin in the following two posts.

march 2nd,2018 on the WWE news

Let me translate this for you:

nbc/Comcast is bidding on the ufc so fox is threatening nbc that if they take the ufc or bid the price up on the ufc then fox is going to take the wwe from them or bid the price up.

fox is also telling the ufc that they got another chick on the side if you leave.

its all nonsense because a sports network would not air fake pro wrestling and fox sports never bid on wwe before when their rights were up why all of sudden now?

this is just posturing.

march 2nd, 2018 further elaboration by mmalogic

i believe they know they can outbid espn and turner and still be well below the 450m asking price.

comcast on the other hand is a different story so fox is sending them a message that if u take ufc we’ll go after wwe.

Fox is in a very weak position in that ufc makes up about a third of fs1’s programming.

this is also just a way of them saying to the ufc that “we ain’t no bitch”.

WME wants to get final bids before they start negotiating the wwe rights (whom they represent)

so saying we’ll drop the ufc if we get wwe is nonsense because discussions for wwe’s rights won’t even begin until ufc’s rights are nearly or completely wrapped up.

wme is looking to get final bids and verbal commitments within the next 30 days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back