Locked PWD 1162: Spring Breakin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was killing me so I had to dive in.

This was Hall and Nash's first match on Nitro on 8/12/96 just 5 weeks after Hollywood Hogan said to call this the New World Order in wrestling, brother. He also wore it for Hog Wild 96 on 8/10
w09-o669-p02.jpg

Hogan is wearing a rudimentary airbrushed version of the NWO shirt on that same Nitro when he's introduced as the new champion
hollywood-hulk-hogan-wcw-nitro.png

Nash is wearing the recognized logo by his next Nitro match on 9/23/96

Thats a solid deep dive investigation, Roll, I dig it

Now I have to get deeper and find the first appearance of the NWO shirt. Damn it!

This was killing me so I had to dive in.

This was Hall and Nash's first match on Nitro on 8/12/96 just 5 weeks after Hollywood Hogan said to call this the New World Order in wrestling, brother. He also wore it for Hog Wild 96 on 8/10
w09-o669-p02.jpg

Hogan is wearing a rudimentary airbrushed version of the NWO shirt on that same Nitro when he's introduced as the new champion
hollywood-hulk-hogan-wcw-nitro.png

Nash is wearing the recognized logo by his next Nitro match on 9/23/96

I was in the crowd at Hog Wild, 13 year old me should've remember that damn weird nWo logo

homer-simpson-les-simpson.gif

Bischoff gets way too much shit for Hog/Road Wild. It was a showpiece event to entice blue collar/motorsport type sponsors, which they eventually got. It was a unique atmosphere and flavor which is what This Business is all about! I'll take a bare minimum Sturgis set over a million interchangeable bland LED boards that look the same in every arena any day of the week. What did they really miss out on? A 3600 paid attendance if they ran in Tupelo?!

Bischoff gets way too much shit for Hog/Road Wild. It was a showpiece event to entice blue collar/motorsport type sponsors, which they eventually got. It was a unique atmosphere and flavor which is what This Business is all about! I'll take a bare minimum Sturgis set over a million interchangeable bland LED boards that look the same in every arena any day of the week. What did they really miss out on? A 3600 paid attendance if they ran in Tupelo?!

All the bikers revving their bikes up for the babyfaces was dope as fuck too. It was something unique that will never get replicated again.

i

Ol' Pennix got himself a good looking lady though, no doubt about it

Now that the dust has settled. Do you think they drafted a black QB because they are in Atlanta? You know this shit is chess not checkers, brother.

<EdgyBrah>

All the bikers revving their bikes up for the babyfaces was dope as fuck too. It was something unique that will never get replicated again.
Just like when they had Bash at the Beach on an actual beach or the spring break episodes at Club La Vela or DDP and Raven sliding around in Times Square, trying to have a match in the rain on MTV. Ya gotta venture so that ya can gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back