Francis has poor striking, swing for the fences

False. To maintan his frame and momentum through an explosive combination like that is extremely impressive from a technical standpoint. Not that a casual would understand that.
your comment, which is a statement pulled straight out of your ass, makes you the "casual'.....just sayin.

Stipe exposes this brawler again confirmed

False. To maintan his frame and momentum through an explosive combination like that is extremely impressive from a technical standpoint. Not that a casual would understand that.

Thanks for saving me the effort to repeat that ngannou actually has better punching technique than most of the other heavyweights in UFC.

Could you guys elaborate ? I never trained striking except of crappy TKD, so i don't know much about the technical aspect of thing. But from my uninformed point of view that did look like a really ugly combination of arm punches. I'd like to understand more about that

If his striking was poor he wouldn't have landed anything.

False. I will give you a more detailed explanation after a good nights sleep, son.
well, you get your sleep, but nothing you have to say will change the fact that power punching comes from the knees, your upper body needs to be above your center of gravity, and you NEVER shoot upwards or forwards, if you want to be congratulated on good technique....these are ideas right out of boxing and muay thai 101.....now on the other hand, if you dont care about teqnique because you are a tremendously powerful human being, such as Francis is, you can throw teqnique out the window, like he did, and wail away.....you cant have good and bad technique at the same time, so get you sleep and rethink your ideas and get back to me in the morning and remember that these ideas I mention on balance and center of gravity were discussed 1000 years before either of us were born so there is that.

What he did against Rosenstriek will get him pieced up (again) by Stipe or DC.

Could you guys elaborate ? I never trained striking except of crappy TKD, so i don't know much about the technical aspect of thing. But from my uninformed point of view that did look like a really ugly combination of arm punches. I'd like to understand more about that
Your uninformed point of view is 100 percent accurate

Effective striking > looking "technical"

Good technique is anything that gets the victory. It's pathetic to nitpick on successful fighters for their "poor" technique. Technique is not a narrow set of moves. This is not dancing or gymnastics.

Nitpick...? Tucking your chin is a fundamental technique. Literally one of the first things you learn in boxing.

He had a great result and a spectacular KO I’m a fan of Ngannou ,however doing that against more elite competition will be his downfall.

He seriously wanted to box Fury......? Imagine what he would’ve done to that chin sticking way out

Maybe I am not understanding what you mean correctly but are you suggesting that ngannou's upper body was below his centre of gravity in that blitz? Because that is impossible and clearly not the case from the clips.

Furthermore the essence of punching in western boxing is the chaining and delivery of the body's momentum FORWARD so every punch involves the whole body shooting forward from the feet through to the fist at the end of the procese. Which is what ngannou did, just in a more extreme and unbalanced way because he was chasing rozenstruik.

well, you get your sleep, but nothing you have to say will change the fact that power punching comes from the knees, your upper body needs to be above your center of gravity, and you NEVER shoot upwards or forwards, if you want to be congratulated on good technique....these are ideas right out of boxing and muay thai 101.....now on the other hand, if you dont care about teqnique because you are a tremendously powerful human being, such as Francis is, you can throw teqnique out the window, like he did, and wail away.....you cant have good and bad technique at the same time, so get you sleep and rethink your ideas and get back to me in the morning and remember that these ideas I mention on balance and center of gravity were discussed 1000 years before either of us were born so there is that.

Of course it is...for a boxer. However virtually every mma fight involves both fighters failing to do this. If you are going to disqualify him for that, many if not most other mma fighters will also fail that test.

Nitpick...? Tucking your chin is a fundamental technique. Literally one of the first things you learn in boxing.

He had a great result and a spectacular KO I’m a fan of Ngannou ,however doing that against more elite competition will be his downfall.

He seriously wanted to box Fury......? Imagine what he would’ve done to that chin sticking way out

Starting with the first over hand you can see ngannou uncoiling his entire body into that punch almost like a baseball player in the energy delivery sense and not in similarity of technique so it is the opposite of an arm punch. As a result his fist moved at a velocity that is beyond what can be humanly generated by most people. Arm punches are slow and more like pushes than punches.

He striking form and technique are far from perfect but they're usually much better than at 249. He went full worldstar on Roz and just completely ran him over. I hope that isn't a sign of overconfidence again, because it is an anomaly compared to his previous three knockouts.

He's usually a fairly patient counter puncher, who just kills them on the first exchange. he doesn't have great punching form but it's usually much better than that.

Roz's defensive reaction was actually just as bad as Francis's offensive technique. He just backed up in a straight line and squared himself up TWICE.

That's because rozenstruik moved backwards by changing lead legs almost like a tae kwon do stylist. It was frankly bizarre and doomed his ability to escape being hit to failure.

He striking form and technique are far from perfect but they're usually much better than at 249. He went full worldstar on Roz and just completely ran him over. I hope that isn't a sign of overconfidence again, because it is an anomaly compared to his previous three knockouts.

He's usually a fairly patient counter puncher, who just kills them on the first exchange. he doesn't have great punching form but it's usually much better than that.

Roz's defensive reaction was actually just as bad as Francis's offensive technique. He just backed up in a straight line and squared himself up TWICE.

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

As I mentioned in another thread, any competent boxer would lick his chops at Francis overextending and flailing punches and put him to sleep.

Back