Media Francis Ngannou: “Who’s next?”

Who should Francis fight next?

• Total voters
Razor had the machismo chico.

McGregor had a good mouth and Floyd could get heat. I think Fury/Wilder and Ngannou being giant HW KO artists can draw just off their reputation of being scary mofos. Not saying Mayweather/Pacman numbers but enough to give Frank a decent piece of change.

I can't disagree with you, McGregor was a superstar at the time and nothing has come close to his layman appeal when he went boxing

Honestly, none. He should box someone of a much lower calibre. A few preferably, and then maybe a big name.

Or take a MMA fight or a kickboxing match.

He shouldn't fight a low level boxer first, because he would probably lose, and therefore lose a huge potential bag from fighting a big name.

good for him. hes gonna make way more money than he ever did.

ufc is pathetic that ppl can just go over to another sport and make more money.

But why would I watch it. Ngannou has a pretty bad boxing, even for MMA standards.

Who cares about if u want to watch sooky..

Francis is trying to get a bag, and give an example to other UFC fighters that they deserve better rights, and should know their worth..

He doesn't have time for that long of a buildup and those three may not be active by the time it were to happen. Strike while the iron is hot.

Nah, they all can wait a year. They all could probably wait 5 years and still beat Ngannou, especially Fury if he doesn't get fat and unmotivated again. But in one year Ngannou could have 3 warm up/practice fights and if he K them all TFO! It would only help sell the fight and make it more interesting as Ngannou would be better prepared for actual boxing. Even 1.5 or 2 years with a few more fights could be even better.

Just look at Mayweather willing to fight non-boxers way past the age he wants to fight actual good boxers

He shouldn't fight a low level boxer first, because he would probably lose, and therefore lose a huge potential bag from fighting a big name.

It is always a risk, but if they choose his opponents carefully and Ngannou gets the best trainers and training partners he can get, I think they could make it work.

lol..

Like it’s HIS choice. He’s literally trying to remain even remotely relevant right now. He BLEW it. Still acting the clown. He is NEVER getting that $15M back. And I have no pity for him. His dishonesty over several years bugged the shit out of me.

What would actually be funny is this.. Give him one of these fights. Where he gets paid $5M, and gets KTFO. He never boxes again. And signs with Bellator for $100K per fight (it would be even funnier if he never got any boxing match at all).

Then he spends the rest of his days lamenting on his dishonesty, and massive ego. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy, imo.

Ngannou doesn't have a massive ego at all..

One of the most humble guys around..

He goes back to his village to eat with the local people, chill with the local kids and his family.. he isn't parading around clubs, popping bottles, acting like the man. He's a very down to earth guy.

How could you be so scathing, and hate a guy who came from so little, such difficult circumstances, trying to maximise his potential..?

Maybe he made the right decision, maybe the wrong, but he did what he thought was right, it's his right to make his own life decisions.. why are you hating so hard..?

You sure are an angry / frustrated dude..

Ngannou best chance (slim chance) is against Wilder. Tyson is way too fast. Like exceptionally fast.

It is always a risk, but if they choose his opponents carefully and Ngannou gets the best trainers and training partners he can get, I think they could make it work.

I dunno, Ngannou is 36 now, at least.

I think he needs to get a fight ASAP, once he loses, the train stops.

I dunno, Ngannou is 36 now, at least.

I think he needs to get a fight ASAP, once he loses, the train stops.

I agree he needs to fight ASAP, but I think he is still athletically good enough to K 3 cans TFO! within a year for example and then lose to Fury.

I find it amusing and telling of how uninformed most so called Combat Sports fans are.. that people actually think him fighting any current Boxing Champ is a reality if Ngannou is unranked and has no prior pro bouts. Unless he has a management team that is very well connected, etc.. it's not even a reality. No commission would sanction it unless it Ngannou was fighting a non champ, and even then that's a huge if. Look how hard it was for McGregors team to get sanctioned against Floyd who was retired and held no belts when they fought, the UFC had to step in to help McGregor in that aspect. UFC def will not be helping Ngannou get sanctioned to fight a Pro Boxer in Boxing. It can only really happen in an non professional exhibition bout, if Ngannou wants to fight a household named Boxing Champion in Boxing.

Francis has a punchers chance against Wilder. Both guys will be swinging for the fences

Joshua might give him a gun shy boxing lesson

Tyson Fury is going to clinch up and give him a Wilder like lesson.

Only point of it being in the cage is if you can clinch and dirty box. If I were Francis I would DQ myself and get a KO via elbows or knees. Then never face them in a rematch.

You do not want to lose this you want the entire world to see you beat even via illegal blows the boxer.

Then you trash boxing declare loyalty to MMA come back to MMA the UFC will pay him 10 million or more a fight
Only point of it being in was cage is so it can happen as an exhibition because it cant get sanctioned in a Championship Boxing match. The small gloves actually aid Tyson with his style.

Yeah, I really have no idea how this is gonna go. Lol. Though I don't know if there have been any new developments. But the novelty of this all makes it very interesting. The whole 4oz cage boxing would be really cool to see. Would be cool to see some other boxers try it too.

I doubt the smaller gloves and cage happens but that would be cool too.
I just want one of them to happen.

I want it as much for Francis as I want it to piss Dana off lol.

Dude…

Wilder absolutely ends Francis and he does it early. The disrespect of Wilder is crazy.

I meant no disrespect just stating the fact that out of all three choices Wilder has the least boxing fundamentals..which would put him closer to Ngannou's level then the other two options

Just speaking on skill alone..I mean Wilder barely has a jab...and can't throw much else them the Straight right...which is absolutely nuclear with power but Francis is big,fast and will have different movement patterns then a normal boxer ..Wilder isn't a big mover it's why he lost to Fury because of his lack of movement and use of the jab...

Wilder can absolutely snipe Ngannou with that right straight ..I don't doubt that..but Ngannou will be even less competitive against Fury or Joshua

Not if he wants to take boxing seriously and if it's not just a cash grab. And seeing how it was always a dream of his to be a boxer, I don't think it's just a cash grab for him.

At the level Francis is at, UFC champion and a very established name, and he's 35. He's not taking on low level boxers. He's gonna get the best guys. And it is all about money as well. He's not doing this for fun or for a dream. If he's got interest from Fury or Wilder, he's not taking on some no name.

At the level Francis is at, UFC champion and a very established name, and he's 35. He's not taking on low level boxers. He's gonna get the best guys. And it is all about money as well. He's not doing this for fun or for a dream. If he's got interest from Fury or Wilder, he's not taking on some no name.

What he is gonna do and what he should do are two different things, bud.

What do you base it on that it's only about the money?

Ngannou is the "baddest man on the planet", "scariest man in the history of the sport", and "best mma heavyweight of all time".

Now, Ngannou "sucks in boxing".

i don't know why people think Wilder is his best chance at a win. Joshua is. even still, all 3 would molest him in the boxing ring. but to think a guy who has a huge reach, massive power, and has only lost to the best HW in the world is the "best chance" for Frank to win? insanity. i know people think Wilder is sloppy but they don't know shit about boxing or they don't actually watch his fights.

on the other hand, Joshua's defense is not very good, he's not that mobile, prone to gassing, and has been knocked out by a hand picked opponent before. i have always maintained that of those 3 Joshua was the weakest one. he gets by on bullying guys with his size.

No they definitely can do proper match making to get him wins. Boxing is very good at that overall. It's only once they start really stepping up in competition is when they find out if the boxers can compete at the higher levels. But for this situation it's probably just better to have Ngannou go straight into a big fight. Step down in competition after if he loses.

Also yes he needs to get the best type of training possible. He's going to have to connect with the top boxing coaches and get quality boxing sparing in with high level boxers. People hate on Jake Paul, but he doesn't slack with his training - he gets the best type of training and sparring partners he can get. Ngannou is going to have to do the opposite of Conor who just kept his same team and brought them into a boxing match vs an all time great boxer. Ngannou needs the best possible pure boxing training/coaching/corner he can get. This isn't the time to just have your friends and yes men around, he has to get serious with his boxing training and corner.

Back