Media Francis Ngannou has made $30 million from two boxing matches. He only made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years!

I like how the same people who said "if you don't like the pay, don't sign the contract"
UFC is a private company, they operate within a capitalist system and their profit comes from consumers who buy their product.

Ngannou was paid with tax money stolen from Saudi citizens by the Saudi government, which is a dictatorship. and you want to copy this model?

I wonder if Saudi taxpayers are ok with their government giving tax money to foreign athletes instead of building hospitals, schools, etc. for its own people.

The UFC isn't exactly the most honest company in our country. They rely on misclassifying their fighters as independent contractors to avoid paying their share of taxes that most honest businesses do. Chael even slipped up the other day and called Jones an "employee".

had a chance to cement his legacy as the best HW in the world,instead
he is 0-2 in boxing,earned 40m instead of 20m.. i guess good for him
Can you pay bills with a legacy nobody but nerds cares about or nah?

so 3.7m$ which francis made in ufc is not enough to pay the bills? dumbest argument ever,would you rather be remembered as the best UFC HW of all time or add couple more mils to your bank account?

so 3.7m$ which francis made in ufc is not enough to pay the bills? dumbest argument ever,would you rather be remembered as the best UFC HW of all time or add couple more mils to your bank account?

These are prizefighters bud. I promise you if you were to ask them would you rather retire the supposed goat or with over 40 million dollars in the bank, nearly every one of them would choose the latter. Nobody is trying to take all that damage to retire into the middle class.

You say that like UFC wouldn't end up paying him like 60% of what he made in boxing if he played ball with them. 60% of generational wealth is still generational wealth, and you'll have an actual legacy to go with it. Now his legacy is kowtowing to the Saudi royals who have done 10x worse exploitative shit than the UFC, and getting brutally KTFO.

These are prizefighters bud. I promise you if you were to ask them would you rather retire the supposed goat or with over 40 million dollars in the bank, nearly every one of them would choose the latter. Nobody is trying to take all that damage to retire into the middle class.
i got no problem with fighters chasing money fights when they out of their prime,but the guy was on his prime and retired to chase money instead of legacy,and no 3.7m$ is not middle class its more than enough to be set for life

i got no problem with fighters chasing money fights when they out of their prime,but the guy was on his prime and retired to chase money instead of legacy,and no 3.7m$ is not middle class its more than enough to be set for life

Stop using this 3.7 million number. It's 3.7 million only because Francis repeatedly refused to take 10x more pay during the peak of his UFC earning potential. He could have easily made 20+ million in the UFC by this point if he decided to play ball with them.

You say that like UFC wouldn't end up paying him like 60% of what he made in boxing if he played ball with them. 60% of generational wealth is still generational wealth, and you'll have an actual legacy to go with it. Now his legacy is kowtowing to the Saudis royals who have done 10x worse exploitative shit than the UFC, and getting brutally KTFO.
So even in your ridiculous scenario you admit he would have made far less with the ufc. Nobody cares about legacy besides about 200 nerds on the internet. And those same nerds shit on and downplay everything fighters do anyway so who cares.

Over 10 years? It isn't anywhere near 3.7 million after paying trainers, managers, taxes, etc. After paying all of his bills, that's 2-3 hundred K a year, which is good money, but is not all that secure; people at that level can get wiped out fairly easy from a lawsuit or unexpected medical condition. Absolutely he needs more money for security. He can add many millions more from fights, he doesn't need the UFC.

Stop using this 3.7 million number. It's 3.7 million only because Francis repeatedly refused to take 10x more pay during the peak of his UFC earning potential. He could have easily made 20+ million in the UFC by this point if he decided to play ball with them.
Yes, IF he had beaten Jones, Aspinall, and at least 3-4 others without losing. The deal he got for Jones was 8 million, but if he didn't win, it would drastically have dropped off. He shredded all of that bullshit and brought in the big bucks fairly risk free in terms of finances (none of it was dependent on him winning). He made 30 million for two boxing matches and has the opportunity to make millions more. No, he would not have touched that in the UFC.

So even in your ridiculous scenario you admit he would have made far less with the ufc. Nobody cares about legacy besides about 200 nerds on the internet. And those same nerds shit on and downplay everything fighters do anyway so who cares.

There's nothing ridiculous about this scenario, it's completely realistic, and most elite fighters care very much about winning and leaving a legacy instead of getting brutally KTFO and memed to death.

You also have this whole thing backwards. Plenty of casuals will care about Francis' legacy as UFC HW GOAT if he played ball and UFC put their full promotional weight behind him. Jon Jones might not be a megastar, but he has plenty of casual appeal, and beating him would be huge. It's the 200 nerds with hate boners for the UFC who don't even buy PPVs in the first place, who will be bitching about "Francis bending the knee to the UFC" who are actually irrelevant.

There's nothing ridiculous about this scenario, it's completely realistic, and most elite fighters care very much about winning and leaving a legacy instead of getting brutally KTFO and memed to death.

You also have this whole thing backwards. Plenty of casuals will care about Francis' legacy as UFC HW GOAT if he played ball and UFC put their full promotional weight behind him. Jon Jones might not be a megastar, but he has plenty of casual appeal, and beating him would be huge. It's the 200 nerds with hate boners for the UFC who don't even buy PPVs in the first place, who will be bitching about "Francis bending the knee to the UFC" who are actually irrelevant.
Look at the end of the day enough details are out to know he only would have made more money staying in the ufc if he stayed undefeated. They always offer contracts like that. Make big money but only if you win every single fight. And they don't want to renegotiate after every win but are happy to try to strongarm guys into taking less or getting cut after every loss.

Statistically it's highly unlikely he would have made more staying, to the point it's improbable. So he left, and he's hardly the first guy to leave because they offered a garbage contract. People acting like it's somehow a bad move to make 30 million dollars because he got koed in the process are crazy. The same risk of getting finished would have been there in the ufc. And unlike his boxing deal, if he had been finished he would have made waaaaaaay less money. And if he had won every fight it would have taken more fights and potentially more damage to get to what he's already made.

Yes, IF he had beaten Jones, Aspinall, and at least 3-4 others without losing. The deal he got for Jones was 8 million, but if he didn't win, it would drastically have dropped off. He shredded all of that bullshit and brought in the big bucks fairly risk free in terms of finances (none of it was dependent on him winning). He made 30 million for two boxing matches and has the opportunity to make millions more. No, he would not have touched that in the UFC.

No dummy, IF he had beaten Jones, Aspinall, and at least 3-4 others without losing, that's a 5-6 fights at a MINIMUM of 8 million/fight, which turns out to be a MINIMUM of 40-48 million. In that scenario he'd have made WAY MORE in MMA than boxing, AND had a mainstream legacy. Do you even math bro?

I'm not talking about this imaginary scenario, I'm actually using an all but guaranteed scenario to steelman your argument. I.e. if Francis played ball with UFC from the moment he became HW champion, 8 fights ago, plus the guaranteed 8 million against Jones. If anything, 20 million is a lowball of what he could have made.

Statistically it's highly unlikely he would have made more staying, to the point it's improbable. So he left, and he's hardly the first guy to leave because they offered a garbage contract. People acting like it's somehow a bad move to make 30 million dollars because he got koed in the process are crazy. The same risk of getting finished would have been there in the ufc. And unlike his boxing deal, if he had been finished he would have made waaaaaaay less money. And if he had won every fight it would have taken more fights and potentially more damage to get to what he's already made.

Statistically highly unlikely? Really? Any scenario in MMA where Francis would be making more than boxing would be astronomically more likely than him going the distance in his first boxing match against Tyson Fury in a fight that many consider him the winner.

All Francis has to do is beat Jon Jones, then 2 more contenders at 8+ million a pop (24 million minimum), plus the multiple millions he would have already made had he decided to play ball with the UFC when he became HW champion 8 fights ago. How is Francis beating Jones + 2 contenders in MMA more unlikely than him arguably beating Fury in his first boxing match?

The garbage contract argument works for guys like Woodley, it most definitely doesn't work for Francis. Woodley wanted more money but the UFC wouldn't give it to him. UFC wanted Francis to take 10x more money, but he wouldn't take it.

The thing with boxing is, if the Saudis didn't come in with this retarded business model, they wouldn't be making this kind of money.

AJ's paydays were trending down the past few years.

With a normal business model, Frank would have got 1-5 million for each of the fights, just like Dillian Whyte got.

Statistically highly unlikely? Really? Any scenario in MMA where Francis would be making more than boxing would be astronomically more likely than him going the distance in his first boxing match against Tyson Fury in a fight that many consider him the winner.

All Francis has to do is beat Jon Jones, then 2 more contenders at 8+ million a pop (24 million minimum), plus the multiple millions he would have already made had he decided to play ball with the UFC when he became HW champion 8 fights ago. How is Francis beating Jones + 2 contenders in MMA more unlikely than him arguably beating Fury in his first boxing match?

The garbage contract argument works for guys like Woodley, it most definitely doesn't work for Francis. Woodley wanted more money but the UFC wouldn't give it to him. UFC wanted Francis to take 10x more money, but he wouldn't take it.
ALL he has to do is beat Jon Jones just to START his journey lmao. Really read that back to yourself and have a think about it.

<36>

No dummy, IF he had beaten Jones, Aspinall, and at least 3-4 others without losing, that's a 5-6 fights at a MINIMUM of 8 million/fight, which turns out to be a MINIMUM of 40-48 million. In that scenario he'd have made WAY MORE in MMA than boxing, AND had a mainstream legacy. Do you even math bro?

I'm not talking about this imaginary scenario, I'm actually using an all but guaranteed scenario to steelman your argument. I.e. if Francis played ball with UFC from the moment he became HW champion, 8 fights ago, plus the guaranteed 8 million against Jones. If anything, 20 million is a lowball of what he could have made.
Can you have a conversation where someone disagrees with you without calling them names like a 10-year-old? It seems you have a hard time coping with that and are a really insecure and childish dude. It really shows how easy you get shook. Did I call you names or insult you personally? No, because I'm not actually looking for a bitch fight like you are.

Let me help you with your reading comprehension so you can calm down and act like an adult. You said that Jones would have made more money in the UFC. My response was that he would ONLY IF he beat several fighters without losing. You were not able to comprehend this with your little pee brain and became enraged, calling me names like a little girl. You responded by saying exactly what I said- that Frank WOULD have made more money if he had beaten all of those guys. My point was it would have been much less likely he would make that kind of money in the UFC because it was dependent on beating all of those guys, where making money outside the UFC was not dependent on winning all of his fights. BTW- he could still get to 48 million; he is at 30 million and it's conceivable he could earn another 18 million.

You started a bitch fight even though I wasn't really disagreeing with you. You should get some help, you are losing it.

ALL he has to do is beat Jon Jones just to START his journey lmao. Really read that back to yourself and have a think about it.

<36>
Which is far more likely, Francis beating Jones in MMA or Francis split decisioning Tyson Fury in boxing?

<seedat>

Can you have a conversation where someone disagrees with you without calling them names like a 10-year-old? It seems you have a hard time coping with that and are a really insecure and childish dude. It really shows how easy you get shook. Did I call you names or insult you personally? No, because I'm not actually looking for a bitch fight like you are.

If you don't want someone talking to you like you're 10, maybe don't display basic math skills that's below that of a 10-year-old. Just my $0.02 (that's TWO CENTS btw in case you don't understand how decimal points work)

Let me help you with your reading comprehension so you can calm down and act like an adult. You said that Jones would have made more money in the UFC.

Let me help YOU with your reading comprehension kid. I never said Jones would have made more money in the UFC. In fact, I never said anything about how much Jones made/would have made the UFC in this thread, because it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I'm talking about how Francis could have already made a minimum of 20 million guaranteed in the UFC at this point, which is actually LESS than what he made in boxing.

Next time read the post you're responding to first before you respond kiddo.

Back