Francis Ngannou is the official King of Combat Sports.

Wow! You couldn’t even script something like this!

(Except it was totally scripted)
1*dy0vS6dVLZt9ZiugRbLgbA.gif

That's truly what it's looking like and if that's the case, then the Fury camp has become complacent.

For sure Fury would never dare to give ngannou a rematch again - he's just too dangerous without enough of an upside to take on again.

i think it will become more clear in time, but what francis just did is non-ironically one of the most amazing things in combat history. it’s genuinely insane. you could make a fairly compelling argument that he just did something more impressive than almost any mma fighter ever

Wow! You couldn’t even script something like this!

(Except it was totally scripted)

Script a fight result and third judge score card that would damage boxing's credibility as well as tarnish the huge money spinning and Saudi sports washing usyk-Fury spectacle? Why would boxing authorities and the Saudis do that as that would hurt their collective agenda??? It's the opposite - they needed a comfortable win for Fury badly.

i think it will become more clear in time, but what francis just did is non-ironically one of the most amazing things in combat history. it’s genuinely insane. you could make a fairly compelling argument that he just did something more impressive than almost any mma fighter ever

That should have been the greatest upset in boxing history - as it was ngannou will be remembered as being the true winner by history.

War Ngannou

Dude bet on himself and came up big.

Nobody else has ever gotten one over on Dana like that.

The fact that he went on to sign a huge deal with another company, made a massive payday in boxing, and then put the undisputed HW champ on his ass like that is a fucking storybook ending no matter where things go from here.

Its only a matter of time until Ngannou movie gets made. Seriously someone should make a big budget movie about his story it would be great.

Script a fight result and third judge score card that would damage boxing's credibility as well as tarnish the huge money spinning and Saudi sports washing usyk-Fury spectacle? Why would boxing authorities and the Saudis do that as that would hurt their collective agenda??? It's the opposite - they needed a comfortable win for Fury badly.

lmao.

I don’t know who you think was writing the script but the only way Francis got more paydays and Fury continued on his merry way was exactly what happened. They’ll fight again, and make more dozens of millions, and fury will win more decisively. This is literally the wwe script on how to double their payday.

hilarious that anyone could watch that fight and think that both/either dudes were giving it 100% other than Francis still have shitty cardio, even in sparring. It was sloppy, uneventful, nobody was ever close to being finished, nobody (except fury) landed anything flush that was crisp and with power. Fury landed effortlessly from the hip on Frank’s face but never put power into anything.

if this was the script for Rocky 7, I’d believe you. Can’t wait to see Rocky 8 where Francis fights him again to prove the first fight wasn’t a fluke!

lmao.

I don’t know who you think was writing the script but the only way Francis got more paydays and Fury continued on his merry way was exactly what happened.

hilarious that anyone could watch that fight and think that both/either dudes were giving it 100% other than Francis still have shitty cardio, even in sparring.

if this was the script for Rocky 7, I’d believe you.

Your rationale doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. The boxing world and the Saudis don't benefit much if ngannou has more paydays. The boxing world especially hates ngannou and his mma ilk. While the Saudis cannot afford to have anything tarnish the superfight between usyk and fury - as it is the damage that nganou dealt out to fury has made the December date improbable for that fight so it has hurt their agenda which is to sports wash their terrible global reputation.

The king of combat sports are the Muay Thai guy who won olympic gold in boxing and Brock Lesnar/Bob Sapp.

Your rationale doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. The boxing world and the Saudis don't benefit much if ngannou has more paydays. The boxing world especially hates ngannou and his mma ilk. While the Saudis cannot afford to have anything tarnish the superfight between usyk and fury - as it is the damage that nganou dealt out to fury has made the December date improbable for that fight so it has hurt their agenda which is to sports wash their terrible global reputation.

the saudis have a mafia reputation in the world. Nothing more nothing less.

Tyson just had to spar Francis and agree not to knock him out, give him a moment of drama and carry the sweat less decision which he did. Now they can make dozens more millions with a rematch where Tyson gives 10% more effort and wins again. That’s what happens when you’re so much more skilled.

Idk why people are citing Saudi reputation in any of this. That isn’t who wrote this script to begin with they just foot the bill. Script writers are paid, not the money that drives the script writing. In addition, Saudi’s literally murder people who don’t agree with them practically on TV and then deny it ever happened and the world moves on just the same while they fix oil prices, commit acts of
Terror vs the US and nothing ever happens as a result. That’s how mafias work.

in any event, we won’t see eye to eye but I watched this and thought it was the most obvious money making fix in combat sports, and there aren’t many of them — but they’re unique to boxing.

I honestly thought this appeared the same as when a Down syndrome kid gets to score a touchdown in a game. Painfully obvious nobody tries to tackle him just like painfully obvious Tyson didn’t even attempt to execute Francis. He didn’t break a sweat. He didn’t even need water between rounds or take any deep breaths lol. He spent the whole fight feinting, clinching and cruising.

If I’m wrong I’ll be okay, but I really don’t think I am lol

Boxing is so corrupt they already lined up Fury-Usyk.. There was no way they were going to give it to Francis lol.

exactly. Any way you slice it, this is a monstrous win for Francis. Boxing is so dirty, Francis would have had to put Fury out cold to win. A decision was never in the cards for Francis no matter how much he out performed Fury.

Yes!! And to all those a-holes that think he ducked Jon Jones….well..now we know….Keep sucking. Maybe JJ will thank you on the next suspension or injury, for supporting him. Maybe

Back