Frank Mir comments on loss to Fedor

Mir got finished in a matter of seconds and he wants a rematch. Okay, buddy.

Mir would make a decent asset in the UFC booth. Very analytical.

Confirmed. @Peteyandjia is this guy:

MOklr8sFIhYZUT6fSvL4pRXS20aeSYQMhw7mTVog8ppOQSB0R6Fvv7-RiI8X8x8HSGoY7ha45lRvV0K9YFZFH4dRjnbyxO3NNEv5TkqIcci3FB_JRhKLrthPgXpZkQMN8NTAIAE=w384-h384-nc
That would make so much sense

Frank was saying that if the fight only lasted 30 seconds he would have won on the scorecards. I mean that is technically true but what a ridiculous thing to say

He was winning til he was losing, ya know.

Mir would make a decent asset in the UFC booth. Very analytical.

Yeah, I always enjoyed Mir as a commentator. The ZUFFA era WEC shows were always great and Mir always did a good job in the booth. It's good that he's commentating for ACB, that should keep him sharp and ready if any other opportunities arise.

Barnett is another guy that would make a good commentator. He was on point for the Pride 33 show. Growing up watching ISKA and K1 shows on ESPN2 with Lon Mceachern, I very much enjoyed the Pride 33 team of Mceachern, Barnett, and Trigg.

Frank was saying that if the fight only lasted 30 seconds he would have won on the scorecards. I mean that is technically true but what a ridiculous thing to say

How? Other than Fedor's knockout, the 2nd best thing in the fight to score it off of, was Fedor's pretty little hip toss

Couldn't control, but that takedown would have counted for more than the little punches from Mir to back Fedor up if the fight had continued

Such a shame that it went 40 seconds instead of 30.
Mir is a dope

Mir making excuses about having to make decisions on the fly as if Fedor didnt...

Pretty much, fight IQ has always been a relative weakness for him.

If your just talking skill levels without fight IQ and toughness as factors Mir would likely have achieved a lot more than he has. You compare Mir to say Barnett and really is Josh that superior in terms of skills and physical abilities down the years? maybe a bit more rounded but generally I'd say no, toughness and ring smarts made the difference.

Last edited:
How? Other than Fedor's knockout, the 2nd best thing in the fight to score it off of, was Fedor's pretty little hip toss

Couldn't control, but that takedown would have counted for more than the little punches from Mir to back Fedor up if the fight had continued

Fedor was trying to stand up after that not hold him down.

I see where Mir is coming from. Being given conflicting information regarding the rules right before the fight. Reactions are a split second and you shouldn’t need to question it. Glad to hear he’s positive about the future. This is coming from a Fedor fan.

#WARFEDOR

The last 18 seconds or so significantly outweighed the first 30, so Frank should probably stop with that. There's nothing good about getting KO'd inside a minute, let's not pretend otherwise.

"i was so embarrassed after the throw that instead of fighting like a martial artist i fought like a street fighter...and that didn't work out too well for me".

heh.

It's embarrassing for a grown man to make excuses like that.

believable excuses. mir was pretty cool about it all

a fighter should know the rules b4 he fights

Lame excuses after a fight that didn’t last a single minute.
to be fair, he only made a few excuses in the first few minutes. the middle half he put it all on himself
1. he got mad/embarrassed after being thrown and lost his cool.
2. he went for the kill, and leaned in with an instinct he had been training half his career to undo, because it's wrong.
3. when he had Fedor down and didn't do what he needed to do, and that's all on him.

you should listen past 2 minutes, where he talks about ring rust, rules drama, etc. because ya, those are a lot closer to excuses on the excuse-to-explanation spectrum.

Mir always talks really smart, but then I go and watch a fight of his vs like Todd Duffee and he is playing gassed Rock em Sock em Robots... I don't get it

its like once the fight starts, he throws any and all gameplan and intellect out the window. Why doesn't he fight like Damien Maia?

"i was so embarrassed after the throw that instead of fighting like a martial artist i fought like a street fighter...and that didn't work out too well for me".

heh.

This is almost as sad as the time Mir said he was too busy feeling good about having stuffed Carwin's takedown attempt while Carwin was holding him against the fence and so didn't react properly when Carwin started throwing the uppercuts that eventually slept Frank. lol

"I quit after getting punched which has happened about a dozen times in my career yet I have the audacity to shit on people who tap to strikes".

This is almost as sad as the time Mir said he was too busy feeling good about having stuffed Carwin's takedown attempt while Carwin was holding him against the fence and so didn't react properly when Carwin started throwing the uppercuts that eventually slept Frank. lol
he certainly tries to put his spin on things. as i imagine we all would.

this was a funny mix of about half spin (e.g. "if i didn't have ring rust and wasnt thinking about that knee rule...") and half brutal honesty (e.g. "in a fit of anger i reverted back to something i've been trying to train myself not to do, and it cost me the fight...").

Back