Media Frank Mir's 17 year old daughter makes her debut in 2 days, thoughts?

There's plenty of athlete's kids who have success as professional athletes. Patrick Mahomes' dad was an MLB pitcher. Steph Curry's dad was in the NBA. Peyton Manning's dad was in the NFL. Mohammed Ali's daughter Laila was an all-time great female boxer. Kobe's dad was in the NBA. Dale Earnhardt Sr/Jr. Floyd Mayweather Sr/Jr. Ken Griffey Sr/Jr. Bobby/Barry Bonds. Bobby/Brett Hull, both Hall of Fame NHLers. The whole current Blue Jays infield had fathers who were great players. The list goes on and on and on.

How many fighters, though? Fighting is a different animal than regular sports.

I said in the first go around of this thread that I was underwhelmed with her sub skills.. Considering her pedigree with bio, and training.

Wouldn’t it be great if she took a limb home?
Her opponent is less than impressive looking. If she doesn't finish this short chubby mexican nerd, we have issues.

She be sleepin!

541028-18413834.png

Gave one rd too many...

Her opponent is less than impressive looking. If she doesn't finish this short chubby mexican nerd, we have issues.

ok. That was a question I had.

Why the fuck is a 17 year old fighting in Mexico? How legit are these orgs she’s fighting in? What I mean to say is I’ve never heard of this.

What could she possibly do in an org like lnvicta? Or how far is she away from an org like that? What is the legal age, etc.

She should fight local cans for a couple of years until she is 15 or 16-0. She has all the time in the world, no need to rush things, let her build up her record and gain experience.

But how far is she from an org like Invicta? What is the legal age for them?

She can wrack up 6-7 wins in Mexico in a hurry if she wants to. But what is the direction her team thinks she should go? Because we all know the goal.

It's an interesting question that I actually ask myself. And I don't have a great answer unless I go with the obvious route and everything works out perfectly.

That I have no real idea on.

I'm thinking or hoping Mir has his finger on that pules and will transition her as she shows aptitude.

This is my hope as well. She is so very young. But, he knows her, and will probably not put her in over her head. It's probably best for her to have a few more fights down south. Nothing beats experience. May as well get some early.

For real tho I can't understand why someone would wanna introduce their daughter to fighting.

A mind is a person's best asset. You really want her to take the kind of face pounding beatings you did Frank? Especially given all that we know about chronic traumatic brain injury?

What could she possibly do in an org like lnvicta? Or how far is she away from an org like that? What is the legal age, etc.

Kay Hansen was 18 years 4 months when she made her Invicta debut and after just one amateur fight, so I guess they'd consider Mir an experienced vet at this stage.

Btw Sherdog and Tapology list her birth date as 1st January, but that's just a holding date, it's really 1st July, so she won't be fighting in the US for a few months yet.

Kay Hansen was 18 years 4 months when she made her Invicta debut and after just one amateur fight, so I guess they'd consider Mir an experienced vet at this stage.

Btw Sherdog and Tapology list her birth date as 1st January, but that's just a holding date, it's really 1st July, so she won't be fighting in the US for a few months yet.

So 18 is legal for Invicta. That's what I was really wanting to know. Thanks.

Why would you put your daughter through fighting business?

Just because you were good at something doesn't mean kids should be created in your own image. Top athlete kids almost never live up to expectations.
Who knows, maybe she likes it. No harm in trying.

EDIT: Ok apparently the fight is already over and she won. Good for her.

So her oppoment was 5 inches shorter and had previously fought at 115 and 125, yet here she was taking on a 145 pounder. Now I've no problem with Bella taking on an inexperienced fighter and maybe the promotion had to scrape around for a late replacement, but hopefully her next bout will be against someone of a similar size.

Back