Frankie Edgar believes he's still next for Max Holloway, eyes March booking

Little Frankie has had more title shots than he deserved. He needs to establish himself as a gatekeeper.

Yes Frankie will beat Max.
What makes you think he won't ?

Let's look at all the wrestlers and grapplers that Frankie has taken down no problem.
Do yiu think Max has better TDD than them ?
Or will Max get taken down at will ?
Does Max hit like a truck which is what it would take to stop Frankie ?
Does Max have cardio that will outlast Frankie ?

Bottom line is that Max just doesn't have the tools to beat Frankie or even just defend the T Ds.
He gets taken down and beat up and there's nothing he can do to stop it.

Frankie will be the next 145 champ.
I get that you like Frankie, but he is a league below Max, as Max showed twice against Aldo. Frankie would eventually get put to sleep in a five round fight. He may make it tough in the early rounds, and would have a better chance in 3 rounds because of the matchup, but Frankie is the lesser fighter by a lot.

Awesome. Holloway/ Edgar will most likely be an epic 5-rounder. Both guys have crazy stamina, pace, chin, and heart.

I get that you like Frankie, but he is a league below Max, as Max showed twice against Aldo. Frankie would eventually get put to sleep in a five round fight. He may make it tough in the early rounds, and would have a better chance in 3 rounds because of the matchup, but Frankie is the lesser fighter by a lot.

How will Max stop the T Ds ?
I need to hear that.

Once he's down Frankie has better wrestling and jitz so he gets mauled.
Frankie has better boxing (although Max has reach advantage.)
Frankie has cardio for days and a granite chin.
How in the world does Max finish Frankie with strikes ?
That's insane.
Honestly Frankie has max beaten everywhere other than reach.

Have alot of respect for Frankie but he gets mollywhopped here and early..

Aldo is the one guy Frankie can’t beat but just cause Max beat Aldo doesn’t mean it translates to beating Frankie. MMA math doesn’t apply in this case.

Frankie has the footwork, cardio, pace, wrestling, chin, nasty gnp and underrated boxing to give max fits.

Edgar has never been finished or put to sleep.

He gets better as the fight goes on.

Edgar will be Max’s hardest challenge/fight.

I'd like to see the fight happen. Interesting fight to watch it play out.

Frankie should get the shot

Aldo is the one guy Frankie can’t beat but just cause Max beat Aldo doesn’t mean it translates to beating Frankie. MMA math doesn’t apply in this case.

Frankie has the footwork, cardio, pace, wrestling, chin, nasty gnp and underrated boxing to give max fits.

Edgar has never been finished or put to sleep.

He gets better as the fight goes on.

Edgar will be Max’s hardest challenge/fight.
I already gave that it was a tougher matchup than most for Max, but that is pure fantasy that Frankie is going to win. He is in over his head.

True MMAth doesn't work overall, but if you look at the standup, Frankie really had nothing for Aldo in that last fight. And Aldo had nothing for Max. Frankie can make it tough with the TD's but he will eventually get hunted down.

How will Max stop the T Ds ?
I need to hear that.

Once he's down Frankie has better wrestling and jitz so he gets mauled.
Frankie has better boxing (although Max has reach advantage.)
Frankie has cardio for days and a granite chin.
How in the world does Max finish Frankie with strikes ?
That's insane.
Honestly Frankie has max beaten everywhere other than reach.
I'm sure Frankie can get some takedowns, but he won't be able to hold him down for 5 rounds. Max finishes him with strikes by punching him in the face, pretty simple. Max walked right through Aldo's punches and smashed him; I don't see Frankie holding up on the feet, and don't see him holding Max down forever.

Last edited:
I like Edgar. He should be next. But wouldn't be upset if they skip him for Ortega. Both should be blessed fighting Max for the belt... ;)

im not buying edgar ppv for title unless its conor, max is too fast and hungry for edgar.

I have watched enough MMA to have a pretty good idea of who would win in a fight. Call it a hunch.
What a load of shit. I've watched religiously for ten plus years and I can't accurately predict every fight.

I´m a huge fan of Penn too, but I´ve never seen Edgar crying or this sense of entitlement you´re talking about. Anyways, I just became a big fan of Ortega in his post fight interview. Very humble and even he said he´ll wait for Edgar to get his shot and if he can he´ll wait for the winner. Despite his failed drug test, i still think he´s a great kid.
Do you not remember when he lost the belt to Benson?

Nothing personal...

I’ve seen that guy in so many title fights. New blood ( So to speak) is what I’d like. If I had any say in the matter.

I agree completely... but at the same time I think Max easily destroys Ortega.

The Frankie fight is more interesting stylistically.

Nothing against Edgar (except his Urijah Faber-esque performances in his last 4 title fights), but Ortega's Guida-Moicano-Swanson run is more impressive than Edgar's wins over Stephens and Yair since his Aldo loss.

Instead of giving Frankie the shot and making Ortega fight Emmett or someone else, give Ortega the shot and let Edgar fight Emmett in the meantime.

Back