Free Speech - is this what you are defending?

Yep black people can walk around with rifles chanting black power and Hispanics can preach all the hate they want. It would be racist to attack them.

Progressives just need to flat out say it. They don't want white people to have free speech.

You know most progressives would also dislike those people too right?

Also, wouldn't the main difference between white power and black power movements be that white power movements are about being the superior race while black power movements are about blacks being equal to whites?

it's like people don't get that a right cannot be negociated.
you can't have fine print for a right
it either works stretched to absurdity without breaking or it doesn't work at all
yes, let them burn the cross

I run up Stone Mountain a few times each month. Allowing any sort of large rally, regardless of weather there are counter protesters or not would be incredible dangerous. There are sheer cliffs with 100 ft around about 90% of the top. Also there is only one way up and down without jumping of a cliff that is a few hundred feet high.

Police, the KKK, or counter protesters could easily get cornered into a position from which they could not retreat.

They could safely have the rally at the base of the mountain.

You know most progressives would also dislike those people too right?

Also, wouldn't the main difference between white power and black power movements be that white power movements are about being the superior race while black power movements are about blacks being equal to whites?

They wouldn't do shit which is the problem.

There is no difference. There's videos of black people saying we're taking over and that the sun burns white people. There's black people that think white people have inferior genes. Dey wuz kangs n shiet.

They preach hate and generate it.

They wouldn't do shit which is the problem.

There is no difference. There's videos of black people saying we're taking over and that the sun burns white people. There's black people that think white people have inferior genes. Dey wuz kangs n shiet.

They preach hate and generate it.

Of course there are people on the extreme. But progressives wouldn't like those groups or support their beliefs anymore than white supremacists. The larger black power movement isn't about supremacy though, while the vast majority of the white power movement is.

The black power movement was started in the 50s for civil rights. Some of them took it too far and were racists themselves, but that's not the overall goal or theme of the movement.

The white power movement is about racial superiority plain and simple. We didn't need a power movement because we always had power in this society. The entire movement is about racism not equality and human rights.

Of course there are people on the extreme. But progressives wouldn't like those groups or support their beliefs anymore than white supremacists. The larger black power movement isn't about supremacy though, while the vast majority of the white power movement is.

The black power movement was started in the 50s for civil rights. Some of them took it too far and were racists themselves, but that's not the overall goal or theme of the movement.

The white power movement is about racial superiority plain and simple. We didn't need a power movement because we always had power in this society. The entire movement is about racism not equality and human rights.

Again progressives won't do anything about any other race preaching hate.

The black panthers today aren't about superiority?

You actually think black power today isn't about racial superiority? It's not even needed. When a black person hears black power do you think he just simply feels equal?

So terrorist have rights?

Since when?

Burn a cross? No
Have a rally? Yes

Actually businesses do not have a right to refuse service to anyone. Regardless of the signs they put up. That being said, I have no problem with the KKK begin deigned here because of the groups history, and very reason for being. They can burn a cross on their own property if they want.
Businesses absolutely have the right to refuse services depending on condition.
A bar can, for one example, refuse to serve a drunken customer.
A customer who's trying to be combative can be thrown out, etc.

As a person of color I find it both intimidating and reprehensible.
Too bad. Your feelings aren't good enough to change laws. You'll just have to live with the fact that not everyone likes you.

Again progressives won't do anything about any other race preaching hate.

The black panthers today aren't about superiority?

You actually think black power today isn't about racial superiority? It's not even needed. When a black person hears black power do you think he just simply feels equal?

Of course they do. Those other races preaching hate just don't have the same impact on society as the white power movement. It's kind of silly to suggest that radical black power members have the same impact as white supremacy supporters do on society. It's just a matter of addressing the largest problem first.

The black panthers aren't the black power movement. They are one of the many groups involved. They also formed to protect black citizens from brutality against them. It wasn't really formed to be about superiority, but those ideas changed over time during severe racial tensions over the civil rights movement. By the way, the black panther party was dissolved in the early 80s.

I don't really see radical black power movements like you do with white power movements.

When a black person hears black power, it's not the same as when white people are yelling white power. Completely different connotations.

Bet you have no problem with the Black Hebrews talking shit on street corners to actual other races of people, but a few aging hillbillies burn a cross out in the sticks and suddenly everyone loses their shit.

False - a lot of people have problems with those retarded black Hebrews. I see them preaching on the streets of NY all the time.

The majority of people don't like them. I personally can't stand them and got into a verbal altercation with one of them. Then a random black pedestrian came up to me and said they are not true religious people and don't listen to them.

What's up with people like you and your fake white persecution complex?

Supreme Court says allow and I agree. It's a tough question, free speech, because I'd like to flat out ban fascism, communism, marxism, and Islam completely, but eventually, at some point, whoever is in power will use that power to decide which speech isn't free, and effectively make their opposition illegal. That will be the moment we lose our democracy for good. So there it is.

Agree 100%.

Free speech exists to protect UNPOPULAR speech.

We wouldn't need free speech laws if all speech was something everybody agrees on. We don't need free speech to protect someone saying "Puppies are cute."

Free speech is the bedrock of a free society.

Last edited:
Of course they do. Those other races preaching hate just don't have the same impact on society as the white power movement. It's kind of silly to suggest that radical black power members have the same impact as white supremacy supporters do on society. It's just a matter of addressing the largest problem first.

The black panthers aren't the black power movement. They are one of the many groups involved. They also formed to protect black citizens from brutality against them. It wasn't really formed to be about superiority, but those ideas changed over time during severe racial tensions over the civil rights movement. By the way, the black panther party was dissolved in the early 80s.

I don't really see radical black power movements like you do with white power movements.

When a black person hears black power, it's not the same as when white people are yelling white power. Completely different connotations.

You may have had a point many years ago but not today. White supremacist don't have an impact on society anymore.

Hispanic supremacists have an impact as well as black supremacists. La Raza, brown pride, black power, black panthers, now BLM and whatever else there might be is all about supremacy.

Where's the progressive undead army? Why aren't they protesting against this?

That's bullshit, I don't believe for a second that chanting black power makes black people only feel equal.

Wanting to kill cops while chanting black power has no impact you say?

This kinds of shit generates so much disdain and hatred. It creates disunity and segregation.

You may have had a point many years ago but not today. White supremacist don't have an impact on society anymore.

Hispanic supremacists have an impact as well as black supremacists. La Raza, brown pride, black power, black panthers, now BLM and whatever else there might be is all about supremacy.

Where's the progressive undead army? Why aren't they protesting against this?

That's bullshit, I don't believe for a second that chanting black power makes black people only feel equal.

Wanting to kill cops while chanting black power has no impact you say?

This kinds of shit generates so much disdain and hatred. It creates disunity and segregation.

Like it or not, there is still a double standard when it comes to racism, and POC are still treated differently because of historical injustices. The problem is that when combined with the pervasiveness of identity politics, we've now reached a boiling point.

A recent example I can think of comes from a panel discussion I saw on CBC. In the wake of Charlottesville, I saw a panelist (can't remember his name, some gay guy I've seen around) say that white people need to work harder to solve the problem of racism. Whether you believe that or not, it's incredibly obtuse to not realize that given the political climate, some white people may resent such statements that single out their group, and only their group.

So now that we're seeing a rise in white pride, I scratch my head at people's anger and confusion. Forgetting the fact that the media tries to make it appear as if we're living in the deep south circa 1960, what did they think the end result would be of telling everyone that they are judged by the group they belong to? Do they want identity politics or not?

Going back to whether or not white people should "work harder to solve racism", I think that's ironically correct, but not in the way that the panelist meant, rather, they should stop adhering to white guilt, reject all identity politics, and adopt individualism again.

You either support free speech or you don't. There is no middle ground.

I am a conservative and I have burned American flags. In the lead up to the second Iraq war I was fucking pissed my country was going to invade a country on pure lies. My fellow Americans who signed up to serve the nation were to be used and kill for profit.

So in protest of that war I put my flag on the BBQ when the first missile hit. It was out of shame.

Anyway, I always will support any form of speech and especially the speech done by people who I think are my enemies. Controlling free speech is an attempt to control thought, and there is nothing more disgusting than trying to control thought with government power.

Well, I don't need to read any more, as this post is the be all end all for me. Nice!

Like it or not, there is still a double standard when it comes to racism, and POC are still treated differently because of historical injustices. The problem is that when combined with the pervasiveness of identity politics, we've now reached a boiling point.

A recent example I can think of comes from a panel discussion I saw on CBC. In the wake of Charlottesville, I saw a panelist (can't remember his name, some gay guy I've seen around) say that white people need to work harder to solve the problem of racism. Whether you believe that or not, it's incredibly obtuse to not realize that given the political climate, some white people may resent such statements that single out their group, and only their group.

So now that we're seeing a rise in white pride, I scratch my head at people's anger and confusion. Forgetting the fact that the media tries to make it appear as if we're living in the deep south circa 1960, what did they think the end result would be of telling everyone that they are judged by the group they belong to? Do they want identity politics or not?

Going back to whether or not white people should "work harder to solve racism", I think that's ironically correct, but not in the way that the panelist meant, rather, they should stop adhering to white guilt, reject all identity politics, and adopt individualism again.
I agree. Identity politics is cancerous and is directly exacerbating this "us vs them" attitude that has infected political discourse everywhere. I would never have foreseen this coming 20 years ago and it's frightening to imagine what the next 20 might bring.

We need to get back to being individuals and ditch our group identities before political violence becomes the norm.

In the wake of Charlottesville, I saw a panelist (can't remember his name, some gay guy I've seen around) say that white people need to work harder to solve the problem of racism. Whether you believe that or not, it's incredibly obtuse to not realize that given the political climate, some white people may resent such statements that single out their group, and only their group.
Doesn't really seem that odd to me, people call for Muslims to work to end terrorism all the time following terrorist attacks. Makes perfect sense to apply the same standard to a different group right?

Too bad. Your feelings aren't good enough to change laws. You'll just have to live with the fact that not everyone likes you.
Typically yes. However that wasn't the substantive point of my post.

Doesn't really seem that odd to me, people call for Muslims to work to end terrorism all the time following terrorist attacks. Makes perfect sense to apply the same standard to a different group right?
Fair enough (said begrudgingly), yet I think the ratio of denouncers to supporters aren't the same for each group. Ho many white folks do you know who support racist actions, or would willingly sit idle while knowing a Dyllan Roof is plotting in their midst? If you know any please dox those bastards.

Back