Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

Fury is the cream of the crop of boxing, he ain't" gonna" waste his time trying prove himself in the UFC.

Outside of a ground game he's obviously talented and athletically gifted to be champion. Not to mention we are talking about the UFC heavyweight division here

Nope, a low level boxer is someone that actually competes professionally and is journeyman level or worse. Not someone that trains boxing for a year then gives up on it for something else. By your definition practically every sport is going to be full of ex-low level something.

Jesus, talk about getting yourself caught up in pointless semantics <45>

Ngannou was worse than a low level boxer then. Absolutely bizarre discussion, frankly.

Jesus, talk about getting yourself caught up in pointless semantics <45>

Ngannou was worse than a low level boxer then. Absolutely bizarre discussion, frankly.

Once again, Ngannou was a guy who trained boxing for a bit then someone told him to do MMA instead so he switched to that. That is not an ex-boxer, or a low level boxer. We will never know how he would have done in boxing because he didnt stick with it. But you want to portray him as some failed boxing washout who went on to dominate MMA lol.

I see a lot of MMA fans just found out about boxing lol . Honestly fuck both sides of this argument it's fucking stupid basement shit (and I'm a basement boi) . Let's just respect and be entertained by each fighter and athletes in their respective combat sports and leave it at that .
Best answer in this thread

I love when people out themselves as complete noobs especially when they do it with an air of analytic authority. Good job TS

you saw what happend to the ex champ that fought the journeyman aartem in bare knuckle fighting.. and how james tony folded against randy cotoure in less than2 minutes in ufc...boxing and mma is diffrent..tyson would get smoked by any top 5 guyin ufc

Artem is not a journeyman he is championship material.

I dont think hes a better athlete than Gane or Ngannou either, and definitely not Brock.
why cause he would lose in a 40 yard dash? He has more stamina, better reflexes, better coordination, for sure better durability/chin. All he is lacking is fast twitch like Ngannou/Brock (not Gane who is even weaker than Fury). Plus he dominates in a Sport with guys like Klitschko /Joshua and Wilder who in my opinion by every possible metric are better athletes than Gane or Ngannou.

Fury would get double legged and smashed by any half-decent wrestler.

Anyone that doesn't recognise that Fury could contend for the UFC HW title right now is a total casual to combat sports and most likely a virgin too.

Half-day shrimping seminar and Fury will set the title defense record in under two years.

With one year MMA training,

Tyson Fury would destroy Derek Lewis ..
Would destroy Stipe ...
Would destroy Francis Ngannou ...

Might still have difficulty with Ciryl Gane, only due to kicks, but most likely not.

/ Thread

Didn't they say that about Joshua?

I dont know who they is, but not me. I think people maybe picked Joshua on size but Usyk clearly has the better boxing.

I've been high on Usyk for years. He's fantastic.

I just think Fury is special, arguably a top 10 HW ever.

Back