GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

GOT started great and has turned mediocre. It's still better than most shows so I guess I'd watch another show from the people who made it so mediocre.

GOT started great and has turned mediocre. It's still better than most shows so I guess I'd watch another show from the people who made it so mediocre.

It was too fast and there was no tension. Little Finger's fate was lame - he had a shitload of men with him in the previous season but there was no struggle.

Yeah. I'm just glad the decline in quality isn't as severe as Dexter.

I know they won't do a Robert's Rebellion but fuck, I wanna see a prime Robert wrecking shit and fucking whores god damnit!

The showrunners from GoT aren't involved in this one. If GRRM is plotting and helping steer it it should be as good as early GoT.

Whatever. If it's made by the fucking geniuses that destroyed GoT in Season 7, I don't give a shit.

Letting the show get in front of the books is what killed it.
Why the fuck did they rush through GoT just to make a prequel? Why not take proper time with the great source material they had in the 5 books so far???

It was too fast and there was no tension. Little Finger's fate was lame - he had a shitload of men with him in the previous season but there was no struggle.

That is the point. He commanded no loyalty.

Fuck yes. War for the Dawn. Walkers vs humans, ICE SPIDERS AS BIG HOUNDS

“Oh, my sweet summer child," Old Nan said quietly, "what do you know of fear?
Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet
deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long
night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children
are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and
hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”

I'm hyped

Unless, by some miracle, the final season is great, I don't give a fuck about any of the GoT spin-offs.

I'm rewatching the last season. Even though character arcs and storylines got rushed the cinematic aspect still killed it.

Battle of the Bastards and Drogon being unleashed on the Lanister Army were just fucking badass.

Hopefully the prequels can capture some of the solid writing and character development of the first few seasons while keeping the scale and cinematic action of the last season.

If we get some Hardhome, Blackwater Bay and Battle of the Bastard style episodes I'll be happy enough.

I'm rewatching the last season. Even though character arcs and storylines got rushed the cinematic aspect still killed it.

Battle of the Bastards and Drogon being unleashed on the Lanister Army were just fucking badass.

Hopefully the prequels can capture some of the solid writing and character development of the first few seasons while keeping the scale and cinematic action of the last season.

If we get some Hardhome, Blackwater Bay and Battle of the Bastard style episodes I'll be happy enough.
This. Maybe I'm just a plebe or not a big enough book snob, but the "precipitous" fall in quality from the previous seasons that people keep lamenting hasn't really been that apparent.

IIRC there were some pretty meh seasons in the middle as well, but nobody cared about those because it was setup, while this is payoff. Well, it's never going to live up to the imaginary payoff you were hoping GRRM would write, cause guess what, he ain't writing shit.

This. Maybe I'm just a plebe or not a big enough book snob, but the "precipitous" fall in quality from the previous seasons that people keep lamenting hasn't really been that apparent.

I'm with you, I've been enjoying the GoT ride from beginning to (almost now) end. I don't get all the bitching about last season. I loved it.

IIRC there were some pretty meh seasons in the middle as well, but nobody cared about those because it was setup, while this is payoff. Well, it's never going to live up to the imaginary payoff you were hoping GRRM would write, cause guess what, he ain't writing shit.
I just felt there was less stupid shit and convenient coincidences going on in the earlier seasons. Sure, there were stupid moments, but they became more apparent to me from season 5 and onward.

I just felt there was less stupid shit and convenient coincidences going on in the earlier seasons. Sure, there were stupid moments, but they became more apparent to me from season 5 and onward.
I can buy that. Setting up plot points is way easier than paying them off. But I try to forgive minor flaws in technique as long as the landing is stuck sufficiently well, if you get me.

I can buy that. Setting up plot points is way easier than paying them off. But I try to forgive minor flaws in technique as long as the landing is stuck sufficiently well, if you get me.
I think I get what you mean, but some things I consider more than just minor flaws.

Id say thats more from.2 onwards they diverge from books and become hbo/ d+ds own stories

I can't keep up with this shit

5 prequels????

What the hell

Back