• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

Much as I love GoT, not really excited about any of this. Seems like killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

There is so much story to tell in the ASOIAF universe.

They do not have enough money or time to make them all.

As long as there are stories to tell, I'll be excited to watch them come to the screen.

Who were they supposed to root for during GoTs? The Starks weren't shit for half the series, and until this past season all they did was take Ls.

People still rooted for them And Daenerys. And Tyrion.

lol @ you posers pretending Robert's Rwbwllion is some cheap money grab and wouldn't be amazing.

Jon Arryn calling his banners and fighting his way down the fucking mountain.

Robert in his prime, winning 3 battles in a day

Ned getting smuggled North to call his troops

Shit, sooooo much to cover and watch. Hook this shit to my veins.

You're forgetting the preliminaries.
  • Brandon banging every hot chick in sight
  • The Tourney at Harrenhal
  • The Southron Ambitions conspiracy
  • Brandon beating Littlefinger almost to death

What though. After the success of GOT whos going to throw money at another franchise....Not saying I wouldnt support it but what other fantasies could be done ?

My thought is that some talented writers could come up with something written specifically for television. It doesn't have to be based on an existing property.

What though. After the success of GOT whos going to throw money at another franchise....Not saying I wouldnt support it but what other fantasies could be done ?
People still rooted for them And Daenerys. And Tyrion.

Rooting for heroes isn't really the point of the series. Majority of the people you'd want to root for just take Ls, except Danaerys who has had the least interesting arc in the entire show. I've read the GoT thread here, most people were actually rooting for something bad to happen to her.

Robert's rebellion would be good since a lot of the characters from GoT would be there.

I'd also like to see the Blackfyre Rebellion. Lots of interesting chaacters, politics, rivalries, and battles.

Milking the shit out of the show eh?

So you think that GRRM is the only person who can write good fantasy?
I think a well formed universe with a hundred interesting threads trumps some made for the studio original. In fact i know it is.

I think a well formed universe with a hundred interesting threads trumps some made for the studio original. In fact i know it is.

Do you really not see the fault in your logic?

You seem to assume that all "well formed universes" must first start as books. Why? Why can't a good writer simply choose to develop his idea for the screen instead of as a series of novels?

Do you really not see the fault in your logic?

You seem to assume that all "well formed universes" must first start as books. Why? Why can't a good writer simply choose to develop his idea for the screen instead of as a series of novels?

Let him try. Good luck to him. I'll watch it. I've got my money on the established source material that has a proven record of translating to the small screen,

Let him try. Good luck to him. I'll watch it. I've got my money on the established source material that has a proven record of translating to the small screen,

Is that to say you never want any more fantasy stories from anyone but GRRM?

Not what I'm saying.

Well maybe we're speaking on different wavelengths then, because it's sounding to me like either a) you think that in order to bring a good fantasy story to the screen it has to begin as a GRRM story, or b) a good fantasy story must always start as a book to be worth a shit.

Robert in his prime being a fucking monster on the battlefield sounds awesome
Your forgetting old selmy being younger too ..cutting through bobbies knights only falling to injuries.

Maybe as season ends the ironborn rebellion too

Well maybe we're speaking on different wavelengths then, because it's sounding to me like either a) you think that in order to bring a good fantasy story to the screen it has to begin as a GRRM story, or b) a good fantasy story must always start as a book to be worth a shit.

I'm saying that i would rather see more Game of Thrones stories be told, because I know they have deep source material and the universe has been proven to translate to tv - which hasn't been true for this genre overall.

I'm saying I would trust an established source material over some "talented writers" who are paid to make a Game of thrones esque movie/universe "but with a giant robot spider" as the final boss.

You're forgetting the preliminaries.
  • Brandon banging every hot chick in sight
  • The Tourney at Harrenhal
  • The Southron Ambitions conspiracy
  • Brandon beating Littlefinger almost to death
Yeah brandon sounds like northern robert
Dude felt he could take the targ emo prince who robbie killed so must have been badass too
Ned describes him as an uber swordsman and we know he was much bigger than ned too......no wonder ned and robert got along so well he basicaly was neds brother from another mother !!!

Sooo
Roberts rebellion
Dance of dragons
Blackfyre rebellion
Dunk and egg adventures

Back