Games Where You Are Or Can Be The Villain

Mario Kart.

Okay, I keed, I keed.
What are some games that allow you to play as the bad guy? There aren't many i can think of beyond games like Skyrim where you can do bad things but are ultimately pushed towards heroic actions.

A game like Star Wars:The Old Republic let's you play as a bad guy from the get go. I hear Tyranny is a game where you play the bad guy.
Pretty much any RPG. It's inherent to the genre. Bioshock & Bioshock 2 were pretty damn dark on that front, IMO.

I interpret your question to mean which games you could choose to achieve an ultimate outcome that is mutually exclusive to the outcome desired if you played the game heroically? That's a much tougher question. Singularity is definitely one.
The Overlord
Great freaking pull. You can only be the bad guy.

Cool resource to help research this question:
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_video_games_with_multiple_endings

Vampire: The Masquerade. But the ending is a total letdown. Legitimately insulting, actually.

pretty much any game with griefing/cutthroat pvp, especially arpgs. diablo 2 did that best...

also, borderlands. and infamous was already mentioned...

Well that isn't true....In KOTOR you don't really start as a villain.

Yes you can do fucked up shit thru choices but the path is still the same...You are allied with the good guys, and you still kill the bad guys.

Well that isn't true....In KOTOR you don't really start as a villain.

Yes you can do fucked up shit thru choices but the path is still the same...You are allied with the good guys, and you still kill the bad guys.
@Hatestorm mentioned TOR, where you can opt to go Dark Side from the beginning, choosing one of four Dark Side paths/character (vs. four Light Side), not KOTOR.

Manny Pardo in Hotline Miami 2
The Payday series
Party Hard
Dark Souls considering on what endings you go for and what you do with certain NPCs
Postal series (including games such as Hatred)
Undertale Genocide route

Vampire: The Masquerade. But the ending is a total letdown. Legitimately insulting, actually.

Serious question: Which ending? There's like 8 different endings in that game.

To the original topic: I would add Hitman .

Serious question: Which ending? There's like 8 different endings in that game.

To the original topic: I would add Hitman .

You play a good guy in Hitman for the most part

The people you are killing at not good people

Stubbsbox.jpg

Rampage games series
not sure but perhaps Fear Effect

mask of the betrayer; you can be quite evil in that game.

Shadow of the Colossus. :eek:

Just about to say this one. You're a death row inmate forced to kill people on camera. Nobody is the good guy in this.

Rampage for the older crowd. Monsters destroying cities and eating civilians.

Edit: Bah, someone also said this one too.

Back