Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

On the PS4 on PSN, after switching to different account, the top left corner where it usually shows the PSN name after logging in, it said something like "You cannot control the system."

I was spooked thinking some PSN troll I crossed paths with hacked my PS4. I googled that you cannot control the system phrase and seems others got the exact same thing years ago.

I later suspected maybe it meant my PS4 was in the midst of running OS update, so I manually checked for system update and there was one to download and install. Didn't get the you cannot control the system message again after installing the system update.

How much do y'all pay for power? I'm on a fixed rate of 8.25 cents per kwh. So I calculated that a 3080 would only cost me about an extra $5.46 a year over a 4070 if I game 10 hours a week.

It's not gaming hardware, but it's nVidia related.

MediaTek rolls out first processors with built-in Nvidia graphics – aimed at bringing AI-powered entertainment to future vehicles

MediaTek's next-generation Dimensity Auto Cockpit SoCs are based on Arm Cortex cores featuring the latest Armv9 instruction set architecture, as well as Nvidia's next-generation GPU that can run artificial intelligence workloads, such as large language models. The GPU also supports real-time raytracing graphics and DLSS 3 image upscaling. The processors are supported by Nvidia's proven Drive OS (which is, of course, CUDA-enabled), which allows automakers to use all the software and IP designed for this platform.

The Dimensity Auto Cockpit CX-1, CY-1, CM-1, and CV-1 processors are highly integrated monolithic SoCs (according to HardwareLuxx) that have built-in integrated multi-camera HDR ISP that supports front-facing, in-cabin, and bird's-eye-view cameras for numerous safety applications, as well as an audio DSP that supports the latest voice assistants, according to MediaTek.

"Generative AI and accelerated compute are reshaping the automotive landscape," said Ali Kani, Vice President of Automotive at Nvidia. "The new Dimensity Auto chipsets harness NVIDIA’s graphics and AI technologies, helping deliver fresh in-vehicle user experiences, added safety and security capabilities, and enhanced connectivity services spanning across vehicle segments."

www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Sneaker-Gaming-Desktop/dp/B0CJT8235L/
1711313484646.png

71PNdc4NKaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

718h3IAz7wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

tenor.gif

1,000 MB/s read/writes, size of a thumb drive. What a time to be alive.

ANMau87.jpg

Sharks, shoes, alien ships...all silly overpriced gimmicks. I was just tickled this one actually showed up on Amazon. It seems like those things are usually created for no other reason than to inspire clickbait coverage from trade show floors. Then you never see them again.

Sharks, shoes, alien ships...all silly overpriced gimmicks. I was just tickled this one actually showed up on Amazon. It seems like those things are usually created for no other reason than to inspire clickbait coverage from trade show floors. Then you never see them again.
I like them. They're meant for weirdos and they break up the monotony of white/black boxes with RGB that I have to see day in and day out.

Apparently people selling PCs on FB Marketplace think that you have to have as much RGB as possible to sell for a good price.

<codychoke>

I like them. They're meant for weirdos and they break up the monotony of white/black boxes with RGB that I have to see day in and day out.
I'm waiting for someone to try the impossible idea of creating the ultimate customizable PC building company.

3D-printed custom PC cases designed by the users themselves.

It will never work, logistically, as a business model, but it's fun to think about. In reality, anyone nerdy enough to want to 3D-print their own case is going to undertake it themselves. More realistic is a business that allows paid access to 3D printers (similar to how there are already construction equipment rental companies). I wouldn't be surprised if that business already exists though I've never read about one.

Heh, AM4 will keep chugging along at this rate lol

The longevity is insane

Ironic:

China blocks use of Intel and AMD chips in government computers

Not just government computers, either. Any corporations or business entities where the state owns a controlling interest.

Are their home grown chips even up to par?
For desktop? Probably not. But give them like 3-4 years with the stolen IP they already have, and they'll be only slightly inferior. I shit you not. That's what happened with their homegrown Chinese ARM processors they put in the Huawei and Xiaomi phones.

It's both scary and maddening. Competent thieves.