Gamrot vs Poirier

These guys just spent their whole training camps training together, why would they fight each other next? I don't see it ever happening. Gamrot vs BSD would be more interesting imo. Or Gamrot vs Chandler if that guy wakes up to reality from his red panty fantasy. Poirier and Charles rematch maybe, if Charles loses to Arman?

I didn't read anything past the title, but no.

Gamrot is a tier below Dustin and needs to keep fighting guys ranked around 7-12. He hasn't looked impressive enough.

I realize it’s not the be all, and end all. But the gaunlet has been dropped by Dustin. And picked up by Islam.
I kind of expect the ufc to run with it too. Two mma household names. Pretty easy main event to make for a card. Unless gaethje comes out of the max fight clean as a whistle it seems like a good chance it gets made for early summer.

I think that's the next fight to make for both guys. Should be the co-main event for whenever Islam fights again. Thoughts?
I'm sure someone has already pointed this out to you. It'll never happen, they're teammates.

I think that's the next fight to make for both guys. Should be the co-main event for whenever Islam fights again. Thoughts?
Nah.

Why should Dustin have to fight backwards again sir?

Poitiers weakness is grapplers

Gamrot boring as hell

Plus they train together …. And Dustin just beat an up and comer … Dustin is only fighting a big name next

Hookers call out of gamrot was perfect … hooker could actually knock him outnhjnestly

I'm being generous anyway, comparing Dustin to TKZ. Dustin is still a top 5 LW.

But that's not important, what's funny is you think that it was Islam's choice who he fought on short notice. If it was Islam's choice and not the UFC they wouldn't have given Alex the keys to the Brinks truck and instead went with Gamrot. Or if it was Islam's choice, an old, non-champ, no ground game Poirier would have been the better choice.

It's all moot because no other champ or fighter is held to this standard for short notice fights lol hell, some fighters pull out of the card entirely.

To characterize Makhachev as avoiding LWs because the short notice opponent was not a LW for the fight he signed up for when it was against literally the top LW contender is hilarious.

And now you guys are unironically doing the It's Always Sunny cork board and yarn meme about how this was all part of Makhachevs to wait for these oh so dangerous guys he avoided to sign up for fights, guys like Oliveira and Arman. And then Gaethje thrown in for good measure. Then right in the next thread, it's about how Gaethje is a gimme for Islam because of his poor ground game.
This whole ducking or avoiding accusations is getting boring.
View attachment 1034351
Let me tell you about Makhachevs advanced ducking! I swear it makes sense!
Mental Gymnastics 102: Intermediate techniques coupled with dickriding

Professor: The Siege (Ph. D. in being retarded)

Mental Gymnastics 102: Intermediate techniques coupled with dickriding

Professor: The Siege (Ph. D. in being retarded)
Thank you. I have the unique ability, at least among you lot, of looking at the simple facts like a fighters record and well known information about how the UFC puts cards together, and chronological thinking to arrive at my conclusions.

Of course, my mind can be changed with evidence. <GrassoBless>

if he wanted to be active he'd have fought in february or january, what he wants is to fight his top contenders on short turn arounds. which why he said he wanted to fight in june after armen, charles and gaethje was booked for april (said nothing about june before) This way he'll either get; someone who is not a top contender (dustin or gamrot) or a top contender on a 8 week turn around.

Izzy tried the same thing on Dricus, Dricus couldn't make it so he took a Perceived easier fight against strickland, of course this back fired, but the intent was there.

Lol he was asking for a fight in Jan/Feb but Dana wanted to save the other LW contenders for UFC 300.

Dustin might be gifted a title shot, due to bad timing man

Lol he was asking for a fight in Jan/Feb but Dana wanted to save the other LW contenders for UFC 300.
Strange, I heard conflicting reports of him being injured by dana, then his manager saying he's not injured.

Strange, I heard conflicting reports of him being injured by dana, then his manager saying he's not injured.

Yeah, Dana was blatantly lying something he's notorious for. Why are you surprised?
Islam posted a video of him mountain biking the very next day.

Do you really believe that?
Sincere question.

Yes. Why shouldn't I?

Islam said on numerous occasions that he wanted a fight in February. He also wanted to highlight the UFC 299 card but they refused to put O'Malley vs. Vera in the co-main slot.

Yes. Why shouldn't I?

Islam said on numerous occasions that he wanted a fight in February. He also wanted to highlight the UFC 299 card but they refused to put O'Malley vs. Vera in the co-main slot.
Well, its simple really:

- Anything that Islam or his teammates say that can be interpreted as even slightly positive: a lie.
- Anything said by anybody including Islam and his teammates that makes them look even slightly bad: true.

Back