Gary Oldman greatest acting performance?

Gary Oldman greatest acting performance?

• Sid and Nancy

• Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

• State of Grace

• JFK

• Bram Stoker's Dracula

• True Romance

• Léon: The Professional

• Immortal Beloved

• Murder in the First

• The Fifth Element

• The Contender

• Nobody's Baby

• Tiptoes

• Hannibal

• Harry Potter Movies

• Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

• Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

• Darkest Hour

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's likely going to win the BAFTA and Oscars this year. What do you think is his best role?

Can't pick, I like pretty much everything that guy does.

Only a small part but his bit in True Romance was the stuff of legend

state-of-grace-hands-o.gif

He should have gotten an Oscar simply for being brave enough to look like this
fifthelement.png

It’s a tough choice but I gotta go JFK.

I think you could pick a favorite from a handful of incredible performances that just fucking kicked in the doors of a few movies, but as far as a full-bodied vintage Gary Oldman, I go with Immortal Beloved. That's one where he's not just the side character who blows you away, he gets to be the lead, and really show his range not just within the spectrum of chameleon characters he can do, but all within one single character.

can't pick just one,he's solid in everything.

Only a small part but his bit in True Romance was the stuff of legend

I had to due a double take on that one. A british actor doing an american thug better than any american.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is way underrated. Coppola did a fantastic job. The movie just never got it dues, probably, because of Keanu.

Darkest Hour was great though I don't know if I really loved the movie. His acting was spot on. The movie itself felt kind of boring.

I don't know what to say which is his best performance just because he is like a chameleon. He has been in bad movies but not bad roles.

Last edited:
The professional was awesome, but after I saw True Romance and then heard him speak during an interview, and realized he was an english dude; I was doubly impressed.

Drexel was such a vivid, intense portrayal of an evil jive-ass pimp. I wish Tarantino and Tony Scott would do a spin-off movie based on his character.

I haven't seen all these movies and I probably should, but I voted Dracula because that movie was the shit for it's time and he was completely unrecognizable in it. And perfect.

I'm not saying it's his best performance but I had no idea Mason Verger was Gary Oldman till like last year and I've watched Hannibal a ton

latest

Picked Leon, but was tempted to say Fifth Element.

Back