General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

Started playing The Division yesterday and man is this one glitch filled piece a shit
Every step you take you got dissappearing enemies, freezing enemies, magically appearing enemies, your guns dont work oh wait now they do but for some reason the enemies cant see you or register your hits even though you're standing right in front of them smacking the shit outta them so you gotta restart again even though you just restarted two minutes ago
Wish I'd a known this before I bought this garbage

Yeah you typically have to read player reviews to find out about stuff like that, the game journos often barely mention performance issues and bugs

I'm in the same boat with work. I've been seeing mixed reviews on it so I'm not sure about picking it up.

A few hours into ReCore and I'm really digging it. Finished up the starter dungeon and next dungeon after that. The platforming/movement mechanincs are really tight making navigating jumps really easy. I'm still early but I found dungeon exploration fun since I was finding weapon/health upgrades and blueprints. Some of the chests I've found had tons of different crap in it and one had a full blueprint set for my dog which was nice. Working toward a full set that gives an RNG bonus, which I'm guessing makes the enemies drop better loot and crafting parts.

You have a little robot dog that follows you around, and the blueprints are used to upgrade his different parts with each blueprint set having different stats and abilities. There is a bunch of stuff locked out I can't see yet, but there looks to be at least 5 different followers I can unlock that I've read have different mechanics, so I'm excited to get those unlocked.

The combat feels a little basic. Ammo is unlimited with a simple cool down to keep you from firing indefinitelly, you can switch ammo types to match the affinity color of enemies to deal greater damage to shields and use a charge shot. There is a mechanic where you shoot an enemy with a grappling hook when their week and you play tuggle war and pull their core out which are used to upgrade your follower. There just doesn't seem to be any strategy to the combat since the lock on feature feels way to percise. I find myself just locking on enemies, circle strafe/fire, pull core, repeat.

I'm having the most fun with the exploration and upgrades, so at this point having basic combat isn't that big of a deal since combat doesn't seem to be the main focus of this game. All in all I'm having a blast so far, but I'm still early. Story seems intreaguing so far and I like the sci-fi angle.

*edit*
Progressed more story and unlocked a spiderbot which helps scale walls so I've gone back to a few places and gotten some items I couldn't reach. I love that I can switch between dogbot and spiderbot on the fly. I was thinking I would have to go back to my crawler base and switch loadouts, so I was quite happy being able to switch as needed with the LB.

Finished another mini dungeon which I'll have to beat a few times since there are a few challenges within to unlock the end chests that are behind forcefields, and a final challenge where you have to complete all 3 challenges in one go.

Last edited:
Just got the Bioshock collection. only played but never finished Infinite.

A few hours into ReCore and I'm really digging it. Finished up the starter dungeon and next dungeon after that. The platforming/movement mechanincs are really tight making navigating jumps really easy. I'm still early but I found dungeon exploration fun since I was finding weapon/health upgrades and blueprints. Some of the chests I've found had tons of different crap in it and one had a full blueprint set for my dog which was nice. Working toward a full set that gives an RNG bonus, which I'm guessing makes the enemies drop better loot and crafting parts.

You have a little robot dog that follows you around, and the blueprints are used to upgrade his different parts with each blueprint set having different stats and abilities. There is a bunch of stuff locked out I can't see yet, but there looks to be at least 5 different followers I can unlock that I've read have different mechanics, so I'm excited to get those unlocked.

The combat feels a little basic. Ammo is unlimited with a simple cool down to keep you from firing indefinitelly, you can switch ammo types to match the affinity color of enemies to deal greater damage to shields and use a charge shot. There is a mechanic where you shoot an enemy with a grappling hook when their week and you play tuggle war and pull their core out which are used to upgrade your follower. There just doesn't seem to be any strategy to the combat since the lock on feature feels way to percise. I find myself just locking on enemies, circle strafe/fire, pull core, repeat.

I'm having the most fun with the exploration and upgrades, so at this point having basic combat isn't that big of a deal since combat doesn't seem to be the main focus of this game. All in all I'm having a blast so far, but I'm still early. Story seems intreaguing so far and I like the sci-fi angle.

*edit*
Progressed more story and unlocked a spiderbot which helps scale walls so I've gone back to a few places and gotten some items I couldn't reach. I love that I can switch between dogbot and spiderbot on the fly. I was thinking I would have to go back to my crawler base and switch loadouts, so I was quite happy being able to switch as needed with the LB.

Finished another mini dungeon which I'll have to beat a few times since there are a few challenges within to unlock the end chests that are behind forcefields, and a final challenge where you have to complete all 3 challenges in one go.

Thanks for the info. I ordered it off of Amazon. For some reason I kept getting errors when trying to check out and customer service gave me a $5 credit. With the Prime discount also, I got it for $27.

The Nintendo NX is confirmed to be a hybrid console and hand held.
The CEO of the Pokemon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has confirmed that the Nintendo NX will be a console/handheld hybrid in an interview with the Wall Street Journal.

In his statement, Ishihara stated that Nintendo is trying to "change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a handheld device" and that the Pokemon Company plans on creating games fro this new platform.

This confirms many of the rumours that have been surrounding the Nintendo NX, which will act as a replacement for both the 3DS and the Wii U and is rumoured to be powered by a Nvidia made SoC.
http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...ntendo_nx_will_be_a_console_handheld_hybrid/1

LOL.

WTF Nintendo?
I did the same when I read it, but it is Nintendo. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Hopefully the Tegra SOC is just for the hand held part and the console base has some horsepower behind it.

could be great.

Anything "could be" great. I just think this is another confusing console. A handheld/console hybrid? All that says to me is that the NX controller will be a continuation of the WiiU controller that will also be able to play 3DS games. IE: Yet another novelty.

I kind of admire them for thinking outside of the box, but would it kill them to take a conventional shot at the console market. It's been too long since Nintendo was a major competitor to MS and Sony, and this sounds like another contraption that will have them playing catch up.

We'll see.

Just started Shadow Warrior and Im loving it so far
Really wish we had more of these old style FPS games out there

Anything "could be" great. I just think this is another confusing console. A handheld/console hybrid? All that says to me is that the NX controller will be a continuation of the WiiU controller that will also be able to play 3DS games. IE: Yet another novelty.

I kind of admire them for thinking outside of the box, but would it kill them to take a conventional shot at the console market. It's been too long since Nintendo was a major competitor to MS and Sony, and this sounds like another contraption that will have them playing catch up.

We'll see.

i liked the wii-u controller. They should have just made a more powerful Wii-u TBH

the control was a very very good piece and would have been amazing RPGs

Guessing I'm about half way through ReCore and still having a lot of fun. I'm mostly an RPG guy and I'm really enjoying the percision platforming as I've progressed later in the game. Just fininshed the 1st floor of the Tower of Eden and loved it. I think I have all the bots unlocked that are in game currently being the dogbot, spiderbot, guerrillabot, and hoverbot. From what I've read there is a tankbot that isn't in the game yet, but the image is on the cover.

Some of the dugeons are trials and have 3 objectives for speed run/switches/key and the Armory level is killing me on the speed run. It's pretty long and haven't been able to string together the perfect run yet.

Guessing I'm about half way through ReCore and still having a lot of fun. I'm mostly an RPG guy and I'm really enjoying the percision platforming as I've progressed later in the game. Just fininshed the 1st floor of the Tower of Eden and loved it. I think I have all the bots unlocked that are in game currently being the dogbot, spiderbot, guerrillabot, and hoverbot. From what I've read there is a tankbot that isn't in the game yet, but the image is on the cover.

Some of the dugeons are trials and have 3 objectives for speed run/switches/key and the Armory level is killing me on the speed run. It's pretty long and haven't been able to string together the perfect run yet.

ill buy it when its on steam

Is it like Tomb Raider with action and then puzzles to progress?

ill buy it when its on steam
I doubt we'll ever see it on Steam.

Yeah, puzzles are pretty basic stuff like find the key, hit the switches, find all the battery bots, with action segments mixed in and a boss at the end. Some of the dungeons aren't as in depth like the Arena/Challenge ones. Arena dungeons just open into a big battle arena and you do wave combat, and the challenge ones seem to be focused on a speed course, which both have prizes at the end for completing.

Just beat Doom. loved it but hated the boss fights. felt like a drag, luckily there wasn't much of them.

Gonna try and beat Bioshock 1 next but Witcher III keeps dragging me back. level 17 now but need to be in the 30's to play the expansions. still got Fire Emblem: Conquest to beat and Bloodborne's expansion.

X-Com 2 comes out tomorrow for consoles and Mafia III in about 2 weeks. then got these to look forward to:Skyrim Special Edition, Dishonored 2, FFXV and The Last Guardian.

Haven't had a backlog in awhile.....

MS did say they will release some games on steam

http://www.windowscentral.com/micro...s-steam-will-improve-windows-store-launches-0

They'll probably keep the games on windows store at first to get as many sales as they can and once they slow down to a crawl they'll release it on steam to get more money. I'm in no rush to buy any of their games so I can wait. Unless they really do release an Alan Wake 2.

Back