General MMA discussion and future lines - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not automatically a savvy veteran just because you've fought 30 bums. The only impressive things Hirota has done is not get finished (is he durable or just fought bad fighters?) and lose a split decision to Ishihara who is overrated just because he's funny. He's 36 and hasn't looked good for years. Huge difference in level of competition here and it will show. I'll be all over Miller.
The level of competition is really not that big of a discrepancy. Hirota has solid wins. Hell, when he beat Ishida, it was around the time Ishida beat Gilbert Melendez.

The level of competition is really not that big of a discrepancy. Hirota has solid wins. Hell, when he beat Ishida, it was around the time Ishida beat Gilbert Melendez.
Keep talking this old Japanese bum up, can't wait to unload on Miller at plus money

You're not automatically a savvy veteran just because you've fought 30 bums. The only impressive things Hirota has done is not get finished (is he durable or just fought bad fighters?) and lose a split decision to Ishihara who is overrated just because he's funny. He's 36 and hasn't looked good for years. Huge difference in level of competition here and it will show. I'll be all over Miller.

Cole Miller has honestly been one of the best fighters for me to bet for or against. Looking at his last 12 fights, I think I've been on the right side 9 times, wrong twice, and then we had the no contest. IMO, he's an easy guy to cap and know when to take chances on him. I felt strongly that Caceres was the right side, and was shocked so many liked Miller in that fight. Some of my largest bets were for or against him (to beat O'Brien, beat Sicilia, lose to Nam Phan, lose to Wiman). This is one of those fights that I have a hard time finding a way to easily favor him.

His wins are typically by finishes. Hirota survived Healy (and many thought he won) at a time when Healy was wearing guys out and snagging submissions. He survived Yahya on the ground to decision. He's got a big power edge standing and he's stronger in the clinch. Miller can definitely win, but it's tough for me to see him having an easy time here.

I'm prob late to the party but Chael signed w Bellator??

I'm prob late to the party but Chael signed w Bellator??

Yep. Brilliant move on their part. Not sure how much he has left in the tank but he's another name and unlike Bendo, Rory, etc. Chael actually has some mainstream attention. I think he won that Jim Rome smackoff thing a few years back, ESPN uses him for analysis, etc.

Lol at Luca betting on and watching a whole season of that made-for-housewives trash tv show. Almost nailed it too.

Last edited:
UFC Fight Night 96: Lineker vs. Dodson
OCTOBER 1, 2016
Moda Center | Portland, Oregon

Fight Card

Alex Oliveira +200
Will Brooks -280

Sergio Pettis +140
Louis Smolka -180

Andre Fili +145
Hacran Dias -185
————————

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2
OCTOBER 8, 2016
Manchester Arena | Manchester, England

Fight Card

Vitor Belfort +250
Gegard Mousasi -350

Jimi Manuwa +130
Ovince Saint Preux -170
————————

UFC Fight Night 97: Lamas vs. Penn
OCTOBER 15, 2016
SM Mall of Asia Arena | Pasay, Manila, Philippines

Fight Card

Marcin Tybura +130
Derrick Lewis -170

Ali Bagautinov +160
Kyoji Horiguchi -210

Cole Miller +100
Mizuto Hirota -140
————————

UFC Fight Night 98: Dos Anjos vs. Ferguson
NOVEMBER 5, 2016
Mexico City Arena | Mexico City, Mexico

Fight Card

Beneil Dariush +130
Rashid Magomedov -170

Heather Jo Clark +285
Alexa Grasso -405

Diego Sanchez +165
Marcin Held -215

Felipe Arantes +165
Erik Perez -215
————————

UFC 205
NOVEMBER 12, 2016
Madison Square Garden | New York, New York

Fight Card

Yoel Romero +150
Chris Weidman -190

Rashad Evans +170
Tim Kennedy -230

Kelvin Gastelum +135
Donald Cerrone -175

Thiago Alves +175
Al Iaquinta -245

We keep getting good lines on Cerrone at WW, me likey -175. Will also be on Alves at those odds. Awesome match up, I wanna see Al blow a fuse again.

UFC Fight Night 96: Lineker vs. Dodson
OCTOBER 1, 2016
Moda Center | Portland, Oregon

Fight Card

Alex Oliveira +200
Will Brooks -280

Sergio Pettis +140
Louis Smolka -180

Andre Fili +145
Hacran Dias -185
————————

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2
OCTOBER 8, 2016
Manchester Arena | Manchester, England

Fight Card

Vitor Belfort +250
Gegard Mousasi -350

Jimi Manuwa +130
Ovince Saint Preux -170
————————

UFC Fight Night 97: Lamas vs. Penn
OCTOBER 15, 2016
SM Mall of Asia Arena | Pasay, Manila, Philippines

Fight Card

Marcin Tybura +130
Derrick Lewis -170

Ali Bagautinov +160
Kyoji Horiguchi -210

Cole Miller +100
Mizuto Hirota -140
————————

UFC Fight Night 98: Dos Anjos vs. Ferguson
NOVEMBER 5, 2016
Mexico City Arena | Mexico City, Mexico

Fight Card

Beneil Dariush +130
Rashid Magomedov -170

Heather Jo Clark +285
Alexa Grasso -405

Diego Sanchez +165
Marcin Held -215

Felipe Arantes +165
Erik Perez -215
————————

UFC 205
NOVEMBER 12, 2016
Madison Square Garden | New York, New York

Fight Card

Yoel Romero +150
Chris Weidman -190

Rashad Evans +170
Tim Kennedy -230

Kelvin Gastelum +135
Donald Cerrone -175

Thiago Alves +175
Al Iaquinta -245
Smolka is gonna work Pettis

I'm gonna end up on Gastelum as a dog if that doesn't even out by fight time. Stylistically, he has to be at the top of guys who are bad for Cerrone. Hes RDA with more power. The pressure, the left body kick, the tds, the good pocket boxing. Gonna suck to cheer against Cerrone, especially if i'm going to that live, but with current odds i'd have to do it.

Wonderboy vs Woodley set for UFC 205

Thinking about taking Wonderboy DEC, Wonderboy ML and hedging with Woodley Rd 1

If Woodley doesn't get the quick finish I see Wonderboy just using his range to keep Woodley on the outside and pretty much doing whatever he wants.

LOVE Wonderboy in this matchup

Wonderboy vs Woodley set for UFC 205

Thinking about taking Wonderboy DEC, Wonderboy ML and hedging with Woodley Rd 1

If Woodley doesn't get the quick finish I see Wonderboy just using his range to keep Woodley on the outside and pretty much doing whatever he wants.

LOVE Wonderboy in this matchup
Love it. Interesting that it hasn't been announced as main event either. Please let Conor vs Eddie happen at MSG

have they stripped conor of his 145 belt yet? they'd f'ing better.

have they stripped conor of his 145 belt yet? they'd f'ing better.

They have said if he takes a fight out of 145 they will

But who the fuck knows at this point

It is crazy to have a champion hold up a division by fighting out of division. Worse than injury

They have said if he takes a fight out of 145 they will

But who the fuck knows at this point

It is crazy to have a champion hold up a division by fighting out of division. Worse than injury

especially when he has never defended the belt

about time they annonced WB vs t-wood, I got WB @ 6/1 to be champ at NYE from back in february. WB may well actually be the favourite here, I'd guess about 1.7ish but not got a good read on it at all tbh.

got the same odds on rumble to be champ also. Im surprised they haven't announced his title shot yet. new owners seem to be expecting jones back? they must have a lot of faith in him not to fuck up a huge card again or just fuck up in general....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back