General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stipe small to moderate fav on the euro books

I'll take Stiepe here, there is no way I'm trusting Cains body to hold up for this.

I'll take Stiepe here, there is no way I'm trusting Cains body to hold up for this.
Then again, if he does manage a good camp, he could be almost indestructible, and if he botches it, the fight could be cancelled. I don't like fighters like Cain and Khabib who play kind of double on nothing Russian roulette with their training camps.

(I did hit Stipe small though to get my brain going.)

TUF 26: Alvarez vs Gaethje

Guess no alvarez-poirier rematch.. and guess no fast return for Gaethje..

I don't mind the matchup, tho
Gaethje is medically suspended for six months anyway.

Gaethje is medically suspended for six months anyway.

Can always be cleared early. Wont they fight before that 6 month is up anyways? He fought in July... They'll fight in December.

I think it's good for his brain to only fight twice a year anyways with his style.

lol.

cain vs stipe being set up, apparently. october.

cain loses the belt 6/15... had one fight 13 months later... beats travis browne (who is losing to everyone)... then a full year again later he gets offered a titleshot?

so he'll have had 1 win (browne) in 28 months between losing his belt and getting a titleshot

None can defend THRICE.

Supposedly Stipe is holding out for new contract.

Stipe Miocic not planning to return until contract issues sorted

any value here?

lfa_lines.png

LFA 17 weigh-ins, main card on AXS TV Friday evening:

FYI- Keith Richardson is on two days notice vs Tony Gravely. Should he be so favored? Next, -400 seems very high for a female bantamweight against a Brazilian wiih a better record than her. Gordon and Cole are two fat heavyweights with one fight and one win each, so maybe value in the dog? In the main event I would like to think Moises is probably better than Watley, even though I have not seen Watley fight. Moises' rarely seen helicopter armbar in a previous bout was a thing of beauty. But he is coming back from what he told James Lynch was three hand surgeries.

Lots of new odds at Betsson/Betsafe. Moicano 2.33 at the moment.

lol.

cain vs stipe being set up, apparently. october.

cain loses the belt 6/15... had one fight 13 months later... beats travis browne (who is losing to everyone)... then a full year again later he gets offered a titleshot?

so he'll have had 1 win (browne) in 28 months between losing his belt and getting a titleshot
i know alistair just fought him less than a year ago.. but i think he's definitely most deserving

Cain still probably pulls out with an injury, I hope there's time enough for alistair to be the replacement :D

Betsafe

UFN 114:

Alan Jouban -220
Niko Price +175

Rashad Evans +105
Sam Alvey -130

Randa Markos -111
Alexa Grasso -111

Sergio Pettis +115
Brandon Moreno -143

UFC 215:

Amanda Nunes -111