General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone betting on LFA tonight?
If I can get Richardson at a better price I think I'll take him.

One of my main training partners fought Gravely, and was on his way to beating him before a total brain fart in the 3rd round led to him getting out positioned and finished. Don't think Gravely is all that great.

Anyone betting on LFA tonight?
The two LFA 17 heavyweights are two fat dudes with only one or two fights each and one win each. I have to put a few bucks on the +220 dog. As a matter of fact, screw it, $100 each on all four dogs on AXS TV tonight. I wanna be entertained and these wide lines on some lower level fighters are unjustified. Moises in the main event might deserve it, but not the others.

alvey @ 1.65 vs ghost of rashad, not a bad price imo

Dog action on AXS TV tonight

LFA 17 Risk $400.00

Robert Watley (+205) vs Thiago Moises $100.00 for $205.00
Keith Richardson (+115) vs Tony Gravely $100.00 for $115.00
Mike Stevens (+365) vs Hugo Hernando Prada $100.00 for $365.00
Tebaris Gordon (+220) vs Chandler Cole $100.00 for $220.00

I was hoping Moises would be close to evens

....not quite !

alvey @ 1.65 vs ghost of rashad, not a bad price imo

i don't know man, alvey as a favourite is horrific against any opponent. will he win by brutal ko or just stare for 15 mins? i actually thought rashad might open as a slight fav - despite his decline.

i don't know man, alvey as a favourite is horrific against any opponent. will he win by brutal ko or just stare for 15 mins? i actually thought rashad might open as a slight fav - despite his decline.
I hear you but what is Rashad gonna do really. He won't have any success wrestling and he is also very gun shy at this stage of his career.

I trust alvey's chin a lot more than rashads, I just can't get the fight against (ozzie judo dude who's name escapes me atm) out of my head, shad is just another of these long time vets that are on huge losing streaks, and just can't cut it anymore after usada.
alvey's tentativeness is a slight concern though, but shad decision should hedge that if I decide I want too.

has anyone seen any bookmakers with a market for gsp's next opponent? is there any consensus that it's gonna be bisping atm???

Last edited:
moises lost, wow. (i watched that one only) -- he closed -400

-530 prada lost, too... so did -265 cole...

dogs were barking tonight.. why didn't i bet them!?

Was a crazy night on AXS TV. All dog winners looked really good as well-Gordon good takedown defense and landed hammers to the side of his opponent's head on the ground; Stevens undersized but with slick muay thai striking; and Watley very well rounded with good footwork and fast hands against the much better known Moises.

LFA 17 Risk $400.00

Robert Watley (+205) vs Thiago Moises $100.00 for $205.00= $205.00
Keith Richardson (+115) vs Tony Gravely $100.00 for $115.00= -$100.00
Mike Stevens (+365) vs Hugo Hernando Prada $100.00 for $365.00= $365.00
Tebaris Gordon (+220) vs Chandler Cole $100.00 for $220.00= $220.00
-----
Total Profit= $690.00

I trust alvey's chin a lot more than rashads, I just can't get the fight against (ozzie judo dude who's name escapes me atm) out of my head, shad is just another of these long time vets that are on huge losing streaks, and just can't cut it anymore after usada.
alvey's tentativeness is a slight concern though, but shad decision should hedge that if I decide I want too.

I kind of like Alvey here. Good TD, counter and wait. If he just upped his volume a tiny bit I would be very high on him here, but he is too ok with just staring at the other guy.

Markos is slightly climbing (1.95 now). I'd like to make at least a small fan bet at plus odds, but I'm not sure what's realistic.

submitting a few request a bets for future champs at skybet.

theoretically, who do you think has a style who could pose a problem for mighty mouse?

i'm thinking someone bigger and stronger than him, who can stuff his takedowns and beat him up on the feet.

i think pettis outstrikes mouse but no way he keeps it standing. if scoggins had better fight iq he could pose a threat with his kicking game, he's very hard to take down. maybe bibulatov could outgrapple him? i have no idea.

i also requested danny henry to never win another fight in the ufc lol, let's see if they put that up.

theoretically, who do you think has a style who could pose a problem for mighty mouse?

i'm thinking someone bigger and stronger than him, who can stuff his takedowns and beat him up on the feet.

i think pettis outstrikes mouse but no way he keeps it standing. if scoggins had better fight iq he could pose a threat with his kicking game, he's very hard to take down. maybe bibulatov could outgrapple him? i have no idea.

i also requested danny henry to never win another fight in the ufc lol, let's see if they put that up.

Ask for Jose Torres, he isn't even in the UFC yet but is a super prospect. From ones in UFC I guess Scoggins, if he sorts his fight IQ out.

moreno is the bigest threat atm I think, he's still really young as well

Bet365 have odds for ACB 65 happening now. Took Thaigo Silva @+140 vs a 3-0 fighter lol. This Russian blokes only decent win is vs a very overrated max nunes, didint look particularly good in that fight either.

Heft Fight Series odds.

Never heard of this promotion before.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 12.26.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 12.26.02 PM.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back