Germany on High Alert after Suspected Bomb is Dismantled Near Christmas Market in Potsdam

Issues may be getting conflated here.

The crusades stuff is usually in response to someone arguing the inherenly non political qualities of christianity versus islam. Just as relevant would be virtually the entire history of the catholic church, including their nakedly politically self serving arrangement with fascism in the 30s and 40s. So basically that no religion is inherently apolitical.

Context - I'm not sure what this really means? Do you have an example?

The whole 'born in Europe' thing only happens when the solution of stopping all islamic immigration is proposed as a catch all for stopping terrorism - namely by pointing that it's not a magic bullet that peoplr are proposing and that the topic is more complex than throwing single line soundbytes.

Perhaps there are examples where people are using these as silly things to say following attacks - but it seems like something that's ironically being taken out of context to suggest peoples heads are in the sand when in fact that's just a lazy way of not engaging in debate.

If there are examples of terrorism apologists on this forum, I don't think I've seen them in any significant cases. But if you have examples, post em.

In Islam politics and religion are intrinsically embedded together in a way that never happened with Christianity. There were moments in history where the Church was powerful and exerted control over the political, however they were always separate entities, both in administration and in concept. Political movements in Islam have always taken a religious expression. The idea of politics and religion as separate entities is a completely foreign concept in the collective unconscious of Arab culture.

Actually the "born in Europe" thing underlines the fact that despite being born and living in a host country for their entire life, Muslims still commit murder against their countrymen for religious reasons. Underling even more the importance of not taking migrants in high numbers that can't be assimilated.

Lazy? You're lazy, this is bad logic. And in the case of Islam, lack of education and reading on your part.

My first post. No one is apologizing for terrorism. But there sure are many apologists for Islam.

<JerryWWF>

Yeah, obviously no one supports terrorism. But that strawman is not what’s being discussed.

After every attack, the media wheels out shills from organizations like CAIR who immediately begin the apologetics, “of course no one supports killings innocents, but.....” and they start with religion of peace, not real Muslims, foreign policy, take the event in context, etc etc. And of course they make sure to mention islamophobia. Same as many posters on the forum.

My first post. No one is apologizing for terrorism. But there sure are many apologists for Islam.

Well those are vastly different things.

Is Ron Paul an islam apologist for suggesting that our foreign policy causes blowback such as terrorist attacks and resentment?

Is CAIR apologising for terrorism when it suggests that strong social bonds between muslims and non muslims is an asset in fighting against terrorism and radicalism at home, and that reactionary policies and backlash won't prevent terrorism but might exacerbate problems?

The whole 'religion of peace' spiel is obviously bullshit. Buy no abrahamic religion is inherently peaceful as they are in essence supremacist religions - but catholicism got neutered from being a hugely politically powerful organisation that has been relegated to a mocked pressure group. But here we are.

Again I'm not really sure what taking the event in context but I don't know if it really detracts from the point, namely that it's really easy to demonise your political opponents as terrorist apologist monsters begging for subjugation. Similarly it's easy for others to accuse you of ignoring historical and political reality because they don't like racists. But it doesn't really help and only serves to avoid actual meaningful discussion.

But fuck islam and all it's bullshit.

well Germany is sure getting an enrichment

In Islam politics and religion are intrinsically embedded together in a way that never happened with Christianity. There were moments in history where the Church was powerful and exerted control over the political, however they were always separate entities, both in administration and in concept. Political movements in Islam have always taken a religious expression. The idea of politics and religion as separate entities is a completely foreign concept in the collective unconscious of Arab culture.

Actually the "born in Europe" thing underlines the fact that despite being born and living in a host country for their entire life, Muslims still commit murder against their countrymen for religious reasons. Underling even more the importance of not taking migrants in high numbers that can't be assimilated.

Lazy? You're lazy, this is bad logic. And in the case of Islam, lack of education and reading on your part.

You say politics and religion were always separate under Christianity, but the catholic church in the medival period was basically a huge political state that owned a third of the land in Europe. They didn't relinquish political power because of some inherently religious reason, but rather because larger geopolitical forces changed what the religion was seen as to it's adherents. It's an ideology that's maleable and changes with the historical wind. Islam isn't some timeless, monolithic philosophy with inherent principles that can't be changed.

And you're right, people who subscribe to the ideology do kill people in the name of it. I only said that it's only ever trotted out on this forum as a counter to the idea that stopping immigration will resolve the issue of terrorism.

I'd say I know enough about islam and history to have a debate with you on this topic. But ascribing views to people so you don't have to consider them worthy of debating is lazy in of itself.

Back