GGG vs Jaime Munguia May 5

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I understand fighting a Mexican for Cinci de Mayo, but do even Mexicans know who he is?

I don't know who that is and I post on a boxing forum. I don't think this will sell well.

Thanks Canelo.

It won't sell and people will take a hot dump on GGG for this. A damn shame. What do people realistically expect with about four weeks to go before the fight date?

What he's doing is getting work in for his 36 year old body (remember, Canelo wouldn't let him fight last summer, or back in December, as a condition for their fights in September and this May), and trying to recoup his financial losses (he already got camp, sparring partners, a venue, and all the other bookings us dumb fucks know nothing about paid for). For those two reasons alone, I understand, but I don't like how this whole mess has played out.

I don't blame him, it's not like this was plan A, and all these guys throwing in there names aren't necessarily easy fights to make, contractually speaking, with about a month to go...

They need a fight and the respective fighters need to fine tune their training in the small time that remains.

Let's all remember who botched this whole thing to begin with: it wasn't NSAC, it wasn't GGG, and it wasn't GGG's eventual May 5th opponent.

(hint: it rhymes with Schmenelo Schmalvarez)

I didn't think it could get worse than Spike O'Sullivan.... I was wrong.

I've seen Munguia fight before, he's basically tailor made for Golovkin and will get absolutely annihilated.

I had huge issues with Spike O'Sullivan, but this is just embarrassing. At least Spike was a MW! This guy fought at 154 and is now moving up, without any experience at the top level, to basically be a sacrificial lamb.

Team GGG and Loeffler is not going to get away with this unscathed.

Last edited:
Yes, it's Canelo's fault, but since when is it ok for the backup option to be a tune up fight?

It's not like the fight is a week away, they have a month to prepare!

Btw Munguia is the 18th ranked 154 lber according to boxrec.

So much deception in the sport today!

Trying to get a Mexican for May 5 I guess. Still super disappointing.

I get that GGG doesn't want to risk that Canelo payday vs a top talent, but there's got to be somebody better out there.

Dan Rafael is part of the problem and why people are able to get away with this nonsense. These journalists are acting like promoters.

Look at the way he phrased that tweet "Undefeated 21 year old Mexican fighter". Cleverly ignored that he's ranked 18th AT 154!!!

BTW Michael Benson deserves credit for being the first to report this a week ago. He tweeted the front runners were Munguia and O'Sullivan.

You guys should follow him.

Gennady "Danny Garcia" Golovkin, right guys? Right?

raw

I guess it’ll just be me and a few Mexicans watching then.

As a 37-0, 35 year old, multi belt holding champ, who has just been dumped by a probable drug cheat, I think he gets to fight who he wants on 5 May.

Needs to be a big name next though.

Gennady "Danny Garcia" Golovkin, right guys? Right?

raw

lol you're loving this aren't you? Seriously you are about the only person I know that is actually happy that GGG is fighting a nobody. Such a boxing fan is Seano.

lol you're loving this aren't you? Seriously you are about the only person I know that is actually happy that GGG is fighting a nobody. Such a boxing fan is Seano.

Of course I'm not happy about this fight. I am a boxing fan unlike you who watches it for the man more than the sport.

Its ignorant to put any blame on Golovkin here. Canelo did this.

Golovkin has prepared for an opponent. He doesnt need to risk his bank rolls to appease anyone and take a dangerous opponent on short notice.

Of course I'm not happy about this fight. I am a boxing fan unlike you who watches it for the man more than the sport.
<DontBelieve1>

Youre a fan of fighters just like the rest of us.

Back