GGG vs Jaime Munguia May 5

If GGG just wasn't robbed before ........ he should be fighting a Saunders now. Canelo is trash anyway an just over hyped juice head.

The NSAC has actually done their job twice in one week? These are strange times.

The NSAC has actually done their job twice in one week? These are strange times.

A young buck keeping his left hand that low against GGG would have made for a entertaining crash test dummy.

That being said, if Golovkin doesn't box in may he sure will have to shake off tons of ring rung. At his age he may be ripe for younger fellows.

This is gonna be a mess. GBP is tied to this event so no wonder Jaime Mungia (from the GBP stable) was selected. At first it made no sense, but Golden Boy is trying to make some money off this event that they are invested in. Same reason O'Sullivan is being given consideration, too. It's also the reason why guys like Andrade and Derevyanchenko won't get the fight. The guy fighting GGG will have to be a GB fighter. At least that's what I am assuming.

I hate it too but from a management perspective. You don't want this Clenelo rematch in jeopardy, that was already ruined by some Ginger haired Mexican. So it's bullshit that it's ppv, I love GGG but I'm not paying for this shit. It is what it is, which is a shitty circumstance.

I really don't care at this point, everybody has to be really sad and pissed off in this situation. GGG doesn't get his big rematch, Canelo's legacy is ruined b/c he's a juiced up :eek::eek::eek: and everyone except Seano hates him rn, AND this poor Jaime guy has to go in there and get his ass whooped for like 2000 pesos, you know he isn't getting paid and according to everyone who knows him even his madre he has no chance.

It's a lose lose lose lose lose situation, Adelaide Byrd thinks it went to Canelo but everyone else is just sad/angry and it's no fun for any of us. I doubt GGG trained his ass off for the biggest fight of his life then was told he's not getting the payday, his opponent is a drug cheat, and now he'll be fighting some dude who is probably a nice human being and doesn't deserve this rage that Golovkin will take out on him b/c Canelo won't be there to absorb said rage, he's hiding somewhere in Tijuana or San Diego or Chihuahua or wherever tf b/c he don't want none.

Just to do it again idc if you don't like it b/c I do. And it's my party and I'll clen if I want to.

e5kunIR.jpg

You're never living this down. Clenelo. Ever. You stupid red haired pos.

the majority of this family is probably just pure shit...garbage

looks like his brother got his ass kicked in a street fight so since there was no clenbuterol readily available to juice with he pulled a gun and killed the guy that in all likelihood was kicking his ass.

i guess golovkin should feel lucky that all canelo did was roid

https://thetequilafiles.com/2012/11/20/famed-local-boxers-brother-a-murder-suspect/

Not really. His fights get boring. I've said that. He's great fun for about 4 rounds. Then its like, "all right, end this shit already."

Like I said, I just want to see good fights. One sided beatings don't do it for me, unless its Chavez jr getting beat.

You see I thought as a boxing fan of pure boxing as you are supposedly you'd like watching a master at work, even if it is one sided. Personally I never grow tired of watching him work his art. That's why I'm a fan of the sweet science in the first place. And most Mayweather fights were very one sided. After a few rounds you could see that Floyd was going to win and there wasn't much happening that was interesting going on half the time.

Last edited:
I guess it’ll just be me and a few Mexicans watching then.

As a 37-0, 35 year old, multi belt holding champ, who has just been dumped by a probable drug cheat, I think he gets to fight who he wants on 5 May.

Needs to be a big name next though.
If he's going to take this type of fight it should be on regular HBO. There are options like Jacobs and Charlo, who have been training, if they wanted to keep this a PPV. This will be a massive failure for GGG if they make it.

Its ignorant to put any blame on Golovkin here. Canelo did this.

Golovkin has prepared for an opponent. He doesnt need to risk his bank rolls to appease anyone and take a dangerous opponent on short notice.
Yeah, but they're putting it on PPV, we deserve a better opponent.

GGG should just wait it out and fight Billy Joe Saunders in June in England. Nobody is gonna want to pay for a ppv with Joe Schmoe from Mexico.
The only thing I could think of is if they're getting some type of benefit from keeping the date and just replacing the fighter. Saunders in June makes perfect sense and would be a great opponent to test GGG's PPV prowess after having been seen by most to have beaten Canelo.

Last edited:
I gotta say, I think it would be a crime for this kid to fight Golovkin. He's only like 21 years old. He's got some tools but he's pretty stiff and stationary. I can't imagine Golovkin doesn't roll over this kid within 2 rounds.

It's a huge step up so this kid is probably getting starched, but, the the last time I remember you saying this Smith stopped Hopkins. :p

He should skip the fight in May and negotiate a match against BJS in June. The Clenelo rematch isn't happening in 2018.
Or if they have to keep the PPV date go after Jacobs or Charlo.

Word is they have some type of agreement with Golden Shower boy to fight one of their fighters. Both Munguia and the dude from the 19th century are GB fighters. Can't be a coincidence, can it?

If this fell through then GGG likely dodged a bullet. Props to him for trying to make it happen for the fans though.

If this fell through then GGG likely dodged a bullet. Props to him for trying to make it happen for the fans though.
What the Canelo fight? You think Canelo would have beaten GGG?

It's a huge step up so this kid is probably getting starched, but, the the last time I remember you saying this Smith stopped Hopkins. :p
I don't believe Golovkin has declined so much as Hopkins.

What the Canelo fight? You think Canelo would have beaten GGG?

No, I think Manguwa had a good chance to beat GGG. Young guy, dynamite in both hands...not exactly the late replacement you should look for.

Pretty sure he was joking about Munguia.
The kid has moxie but when he kept misspelling his name I caught on. I still like the kid, tho. When Nac called him Mangina I was like <{anton}>

Back