Media Gilbert Burns apologizes to Belal Muhammad, says he deserves to fight for title

Has nothing to do with that. Pretty much every Muslim fighter is vocal about the conflict. Khamzat literally wants to go and fight. Usman cut a promo supporting Palestinians this weekend. Belal isn't popular and his fighting style isn't exciting. That's why they are reluctant to give him what he deserves.
Khamzat is all talk. He could go fight if he wanted to.

The Palestinians are babies. What they gained by the sword they can lose by the sword.

Askren had a boring fight style but people tuned it because of his personality.

Khamzat is all talk. He could go fight if he wanted to.

The Palestinians are babies. What they gained by the sword they can lose by the sword.

Askren had a boring fight style but people tuned it because of his personality.

What an idiotic take. No one there gained anything by the sword.

Belal definitely deserves to fight for the belt and I hope that he can bring some degree of happiness to the Gaza Strip. Maybe show up there with the belt if he wins.

Not true- I robbed a defenceless old woman at sword-point and gained 3200 dollars. She was yelping about needing to pay rent but I was already giggling all the way to the bank

Really? Bc that land was Roman and Byzantine land. There's Christian holy sites. Then Arabs conquered it. Then Christians. Then Arabs. Now Jews. And the Jews werer there for a thousand years before Islam or Christianity existed so I imagine they took that from someone too.

Bro had 5 rounds to finish or at least make a statement against a severely compromised one armed Burns… instead he spent the entire fight circling and backpedaling with occasional jabs.

The same way Belat feels no urgency to make a statement in a fight, the UFC feels no urgency to put him in a title shot.
The same Burns that dropped Usman and Khamzat?
Belal used elite footwork to dictate range and used combination punching to stop Burns from getting inside. The exact same formula he used to batter the highly touted Sean Brady and give Luque fits?…. No Belal must just suck because he lacks power

belal wont get a title shot as long as this gaza conflict goes on. the ufc doesn't want to be brought into this at all.

belal should just call for a match against colby.

they'd have to ban every Muslim fighter from doing interviews then. just last event they had 2 guys talk about "stop the genocide"

Has nothing to do with that. Pretty much every Muslim fighter is vocal about the conflict. Khamzat literally wants to go and fight. Umar cut a promo supporting Palestinians this weekend. Belal isn't popular and his fighting style isn't exciting. That's why they are reluctant to give him what he deserves.

They're not Arabs let alone Palestinians and they're not native English speakers

Really? Bc that land was Roman and Byzantine land. There's Christian holy sites. Then Arabs conquered it. Then Christians. Then Arabs. Now Jews. And the Jews werer there for a thousand years before Islam or Christianity existed so I imagine they took that from someone too.

This ain't the bronze age dude, the people living there today have nothing to do with any ancient conflicts nor is it relevant. It's the 2020s, we aren't supposed to support mass murder and illegal annexation that violates international law.

Has nothing to do with that. Pretty much every Muslim fighter is vocal about the conflict. Khamzat literally wants to go and fight. Umar cut a promo supporting Palestinians this weekend. Belal isn't popular and his fighting style isn't exciting. That's why they are reluctant to give him what he deserves.
Khamzat wont even fight Israel Adesanya, he certainly wont fight Israel military.

I remember Belal Muhammad's name well now, after a few years not remembering.

But I still don't remember any of his fights.

Edit: I looked his record up on wiki, and it is pretty impressive that he's had 18 fights in the UFC and has 3 finish wins 1 finish loss out of that 18 (22.2% finish rate). That's even beyond WMMA and Flyweight finishing rates I believe.

Looked it up Flyweights have finishing rate of 45%, WMMA 37%. And he's at 22%....

Last edited:
Is Gilbert wearing eye-liner in that pic or has he just got really dark and thick eyelashes all the way around?

C’mon now let’s not be disingenuous, it's not like Belal threw a kick that broke burns arm. Burns essentially ripped his shoulder going for a takedown.

That being said, how is the one armed man the aggressor for most of the fight? Not very good optics for a supposed title campaign from Belal

Belal literally threw a knee that broke Burns arm. Stop denying the facts.

Sean Strickland's fight style is boring as shit too. So was Colby's. People need to stop using his fight style as the excuse, they just don't like his personality.

It's all of the above tbh...he's basically Lavash

Lol. Gilbert doesn't need to apologize but he's a class act. I still think that was an ugly, pathetic win for Belal and nothing to gloat about. If you were watching Belal fight for the first time, the last thing his performance would have you thinking is "holy shit, give this man a title shot now!". I wish Gilbert would've campaigned fiercely for a rematch.

Last edited:
This ain't the bronze age dude, the people living there today have nothing to do with any ancient conflicts nor is it relevant. It's the 2020s, we aren't supposed to support mass murder and illegal annexation that violates international law.

Well, you could just span back over the previous 60 years and learn that the surrounding nations were waging war on Israel (a peaceful nation) since the day the UK left them there, but you don't seem too highly educated on the topic outside of an abject bias against jews.

Yes, most deserving. People's only issues are they don't find his fights entertaining. Shame that factors into anything tbh.
Ya shame that fans want to be entertained when they watch entertainment.

Back