Relationship Girlfriend folds dirty laundry

Stump

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is a continual source of frustration - my girlfriend will fold dirty laundry, usually when we go on trips. When we're at home, I put laundry in the bin and she can't get to it but we try and go on adventures/trips when we can and if she sees dirty laundry laying around, she'll tidy it up by folding it neatly and placing it somewhere. This drives me nuts. In my world, folded means clean - you can determine with a glance how many pairs of clean socks and undies you have but in this new world, I can never be sure, I have to carefully analyze and sniff test everything.

Has anyone experienced this before? I've spoken to her about it many times, but she keeps going back to doing it. I find it such a strange compulsion. She's great in almost every way, but this is a real weird thing.

What do you mean by dirty laundry laying around?

In my world it's something like this. I'd buy that woman flowers every day.

Psychology-Behind-Messy-Rooms.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhere at some lady forum;

Relationship: My boyfriend leaves dirty laundry laying around.

In our house most of the times he put his dirty laundry into the bin, but when traveling he let his dirty laundry lay around the room. I don't know what to do anymore and thus I just fold it and put it between his clean laundry. At some point he should get the message, right? Anyone has this same experience? This is a really werd thing.

In our house most of the times he put his dirty laundry into the bin, but when traveling he let his dirty laundry lay around the room. I don't know what to do anymore and thus I just fold it and put it between his clean laundry. At some point he should get the message, right? Anyone has this same experience? This is a really werd thing.
I am now sleeping with his father and his bestfriend. I love him but he is like a child, disorder and sloppy. And I have needs.

Hahah

Shercat.com. she won't let me know her username

To be clear, I don't leave a lot of shit laying around but I'll undress and go shower and wheb I come out, everything is all tidied up. Later in the trip I'll discover I don't have any mlre clean socks because the ones i thought were clean were ones she had snatched off yhe ground and bunched up, like you do with clean socks.

She indeed is a keeper though. It's hardly a deal breaker, it just blows my mind that someone could repeatedly do something so impractical.

Maybe I should start pulling empty packages out of the recycling bin and carefully placing them back into the fridge. That'll show her!

...Smack her... Ass, and thank her for being considerate and going out of her way to make up for your filthy shortcomings...

Yes, it's weird and it's nothing to let get to you...

In relationships you can try and change the person and they will inevitably return to baseline and resent you, or you can change yourself to adapt to them better.

If only one of you does that it's untenable.

If you both do that then you have the best chance at making it long term.

This is a continual source of frustration - my girlfriend will fold dirty laundry, usually when we go on trips. When we're at home, I put laundry in the bin and she can't get to it but we try and go on adventures/trips when we can and if she sees dirty laundry laying around, she'll tidy it up by folding it neatly and placing it somewhere. This drives me nuts. In my world, folded means clean - you can determine with a glance how many pairs of clean socks and undies you have but in this new world, I can never be sure, I have to carefully analyze and sniff test everything.

Has anyone experienced this before? I've spoken to her about it many times, but she keeps going back to doing it. I find it such a strange compulsion. She's great in almost every way, but this is a real weird thing.
clearly she is doing this to give you the hint she wants you to break up with her because she cant bring herself to do it.

Clean up after yourself and put your dirty laundry away in the manner you see fit so you won't have this issue. She shouldn't be getting to your dirty laundry before you do.

Even if she does fold it and put it in your stuff you should be able to spot it immediately and put it where you like. This really isn't something you should be getting upset about. If this is your biggest issue with her then you should marry her.

Seems odd but not something I would let significantly affect the relationship.

Back