girls spray paint wall in Thailand, face 10 years in prison.

Is there an option to trade 10 yrs prison for 15 yrs as sex slave?

this story just popped up in my news feed. Pretty crazy consequences for such a minor crime. I mean all the stupid brats did was change the aesthetics of this monument in a very easy to repair manner. I figure maybe pay for the cleaning cost and then serve a bit of time. A decade though!? In thia prison none the less, just seems insane.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4869638

In b4 all the rules are rules brahs pipe up about stupid games and what not.
They're not getting anywhere near 10 years. Most likely their governments reach out to the Thais and take care of it and they pay a fine. While I think 10 years would be excessive, I also think they're stupid little cunts and what they end up getting will be what they deserve. Thais take their temples and historic monuments seriously. Going there and disrespecting that is beyond stupid and classless.

inb4 the typical sherdog reaction that as long as something is against the law and you do it then the punishment is fine and they don't care. Speed 1 mile over the limit and find out the punishment is life and prison and 'good'.

<{clintugh}>
The Thais want to protect their temples and national monuments. If they were just spraying some back alley wall no one would care. There are plenty of places in Thailand for street graffiti or artistic graffiti. But you can't deface historical treasures.

Even in the US we have long potential sentences for certain crimes which are almost never handed out. This will be the same. Some officials from their respective countries will have to smooth things out and they're going to have to spend a little time in jail, but they're not likely going to prison, especially not for anywhere 10 years. Sometimes you have to make an example of idiots like this as a deterrent.

Typical disrespectful western/white tourists. You don't disrespect someone's home especially if you are a just guest. They should be made examples of for their disgraceful entitled western behaviour. They should get the full 10 years to deter other white tourists from acting like disrespectful arrogant cunts.
Allah snack bar?

The Thais want to protect their temples and national monuments. If they were just spraying some back alley wall no one would care. There are plenty of places in Thailand for street graffiti or artistic graffiti. But you can't deface historical treasures.

Even in the US we have long potential sentences for certain crimes which are almost never handed out. This will be the same. Some officials from their respective countries will have to smooth things out and they're going to have to spend a little time in jail, but they're not likely going to prison, especially not for anywhere 10 years. Sometimes you have to make an example of idiots like this as a deterrent.
if they get 10 years for this people should be outraged. Pay for the damage, pay a fine and force them to go clean toilets across the country or something as punishment. There really should be no hard time served for something like this and especially not 10 years which few people get for even rape.

But anyway none of that was the point of my post you replied to. It was that on sherdog even if they got life in prison for going 1 mile over the speed limit we will always have people say 'good, don't care. Don't break the law.' As if no punishment is outrageously wrong for even the most minor crimes.

I live here (Chiang Mai, Thailand). People pissed off about this here. It's not just any wall. It's one of the major cultural/historical landmarks in the city.

Thais take respect very seriously, especially with things like this. Defacing that wall is a monumentally stupid thing to do and shows a complete lack of respect for the culture.

On one hand, I feel 10 years (if they get that) is too long, but on the other hand I don't really give a shit and feel ok if they are made an example of. Far too many tourists come here and do stupid shit they would never dare do at home. Put some fear in their hearts.

They shouldnt get ten but at least some jail time. I Imagine Thai prison is a hell hole so a good year there would be a valuable lesson for them and people who think you can go and fuck around in someone else's country.

if they get 10 years for this people should be outraged. Pay for the damage, pay a fine and force them to go clean toilets across the country or something as punishment. There really should be no hard time served for something like this and especially not 10 years which few people get for even rape.

But anyway none of that was the point of my post you replied to. It was that on sherdog even if they got life in prison for going 1 mile over the speed limit we will always have people say 'good, don't care. Don't break the law.' As if no punishment is outrageously wrong for even the most minor crimes.

Law and severity of punishments depends on countries. There are not right and wrong in punishments even if they are harsh compared to those in your country. Every country have "stupid laws" that doesn't make sense, including yours own. But when you visit that particular country, obey them and you don't get yourself into "ridiculous" punishments that doesn't make sense to you.

Heck, even in different family down the street of yours have different punishment for kids. Scream at your parents? Some get sent to their room, some get a ass whooping.

This is not your country, so for you to even voice an opinion on how these criminals should be punished or not by a country that you have zero connections to is the height of white arrogance.
lol. I hope you are joking.

Law and severity of punishments depends on countries. There are not right and wrong in punishments even if they are harsh compared to those in your country. Every country have "stupid laws" that doesn't make sense, including yours own. But when you visit that particular country, obey them and you don't get yourself into "ridiculous" punishments that doesn't make sense to you.

Heck, even in different family down the street of yours have different punishment for kids. Scream at your parents? Some get sent to their room, some get a ass whooping.
You are not changing my view one iota with the 'if you don't want the punishment obey the law' crap, I replied to prior.

Sorry but regardless of country if you spit gum on the sidewalk and you get years in prison that is excessive and stupid. It being their country does not change that. I am not saying they don't have the right to make and enforce their own laws but I do not give up the right to point out if something is excessive and stupid.

I don't live in the US and I can say that most of their victimless crime laws involving long jail time are excessive and stupid. And beyond that they are proven to have the adverse effect of creating life long criminals more times than not.

Not at all. Your beliefs on how other countries and cultures should operate is skewed by your white entitlement and western bias.
Hehe. You are the height of stupid. Go to the photo album and look up my picture and stuff your ignorant assumption up your ass.

Gotcha. I agree. Some people are mindless sheep. Some people are authoritarian assholes.

A few times every year some foreign idiot does something like this in Thailand, and they never go to jail. They are fined though, and fined big, and kicked out of the country.

Don't care about your picture. You are an arrogant entitled white minded westerner. Brainwashed into thinking you are superior over different cultures. You wouldn't say what you are saying here if this weren't the case.
lol. Ok. And you are Russian Chechen racist pig.

Are we playing this right by guessing things that are wrong but acting confident like we know for sure and cannot be wrong?

A few times every year some foreign idiot does something like this in Thailand, and they never go to jail. They are fined though, and fined big, and kicked out of the country.
Which means the Thai's are reasonable and agree with my stance and not with the nutter authoritarian apologists extremists in this thread and every one like it.

Which means the Thai's are reasonable and agree with my stance and not with the nutter authoritarian apologists extremists in this thread and every one like it.
The WORST thing a foreigner can do, I mean besides commit a violent crime against a Thai or steal from a Thai, is to defame, insult, or threaten the King or even the rest of the Royal Family. One of the worst cases of this was a few years ago when a guy spray-painted portraits of the beloved King Bhumibhol. That King was loved by most Thais at a level deeper than you can imagine. The usual articles came out - foreign guy faces life imprisonment for insulting the King, and shit like that. Foreign SJW's were in an uproar. So what happened? The King pardoned him, he was fined heavily, and kicked out of Thailand. Thais are extremely tolerant and reasonable people, but even they can be pushed too far. That's when you hear of something bad actually happening to a foreigner.

Last edited:
The WORST thing a foreigner can do, I mean besides commit a violent crime against a Thai or steal from a Thai, is to defame, insult, or threaten the King or the even the rest of the Royal Family. One of the worst cases of this was a few years ago, when a guy spray-painted portraits of the beloved King Bhumibhol. That King was loved by most Thais at a level deeper than you can imagine. The usual articles came out - foreign guy faces life imprisonment for insulting the King, and shit like that. Foeign SJW's were in an uproar. So what happened? The King pardoned him, he was fined heavily, and kicked out of Thailand.
Nice. Again Thai's are very reasonable as i suspected unlike the posters i this thread who would justify blood for such things as if there should be no correlation to punishment fitting a crime in other countries.

You are not changing my view one iota with the 'if you don't want the punishment obey the law' crap, I replied to prior.

Sorry but regardless of country if you spit gum on the sidewalk and you get years in prison that is excessive and stupid. It being their country does not change that. I am not saying they don't have the right to make and enforce their own laws but I do not give up the right to point out if something is excessive and stupid.

I don't live in the US and I can say that most of their victimless crime laws involving long jail time are excessive and stupid. And beyond that they are proven to have the adverse effect of creating life long criminals more times than not.

There is nothing wrong with voicing your disagreement, I'm with you on that. Likewise, there are people, myself included, that disagree with your disagreement. Some just go a bit further to redundant insulting though.

You pointing out you don't live in US and their laws are excessive and stupid isn't a point I get for your argument. Unless you are US citizen, you are once again criticizing ANOTHER country law. How about those in your country? There aren't "stupid" ones?

I don't live in US as well. I live in Singapore, some laws here are ridiculous for westerners and are often voiced out, not just here in Sherdog. We have death penalty for drugs trafficking/possessions for extremely low quantity. As much as it seems harsh, I'm glad it's our law. I can guarantee you most of the citizens are happy with the law as well. Only foreigners frown on it. Normal citizens don't have to worry walking around late in the night getting harass/injured by drug addicts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back