Glory 31: RVR vs Sittichai II

I think right now Petro is the safer bet within the kickboxing rule set but both have the chance to win. It will be a great match up.

When it comes to fighters at the level of Petrosyan, sittichai and yodsanklai I would prefer them to just have the one fight against each other on the night. Tournaments can leave one fighter at an advantage if he has an easier first opponent and there are so many other factors. Both fighters coming in at 100% is much better then one fighter being more tired then the other because his first fight was harder.

I agree with you to a certain extent but there's still part of me that want to see the best 8 guys fight it out with 1 winner ala K-1 WGP's. As a fan I enjoy those tournaments over the years.

I think right now Petro is the safer bet within the kickboxing rule set but both have the chance to win. It will be a great match up.

Agree on both statements. This is the biggest fight KB can put together talent wise (money wise, its obviously Badr vs Rico)

I miss 8 man in one night too,but all fights booked to be on a consistent level of difficult

To be honest most of us are surprised Sittichai won, knowing their track record, let Glory redeem themselves, nothing to complain here, and maybe they start getting more top names into the organization from around the world, at least Kunlun is not ashamed of doing it, even though their promotion and event is so weird most of the time, would prefer Glory doing what Kunlun did.

To be honest most of us are surprised Sittichai won, knowing their track record, let Glory redeem themselves, nothing to complain here, and maybe they start getting more top names into the organization from around the world, at least Kunlun is not ashamed of doing it, even though their promotion and event is so weird most of the time, would prefer Glory doing what Kunlun did.
Something I really like about China is they just get fighters from any country. It's not just 95% Dutch guys, Surinamese/Moroccans/Turks who have lived all their lives in Holland or guys who have trained in Holland. Yeah of course there is a disproportionate amount of kickboxing talent in in Holland but look a little more elsewhere too. Some guys like Gogokhia, Adesanya etc. gone completely or at least almost completely ignored by Glory and it isn't because they aren't good enough.

Something I really like about China is they just get fighters from any country. It's not just 95% Dutch guys, Surinamese/Moroccans/Turks who have lived all their lives in Holland or guys who have trained in Holland. Yeah of course there is a disproportionate amount of kickboxing talent in in Holland but look a little more elsewhere too. Some guys like Gogokhia, Adesanya etc. gone completely or at least almost completely ignored by Glory and it isn't because they aren't good enough.

That's true, but my gripe with Kunlun is that it felt like their event are hosted at a nightclub rather than a coliseum, the commentators even not understanding anything they say, are super annoying, wish I could mute them, I feel the Glory event has gotten the setting about right and they go all over the world to host their fights, if Glory follow the model of Kunlun and hire the best simply based on who is the best they will be the premier event in Kickboxing in the world.

If you mean the hosts on the yy.com Kunlun streams yeah they are straight up cancer for your ears. I don't understand why that's a thing but it's what they do on yy.com. If you dare to, install their windows client (all in Chinese) you can mute them there. Some events they've had at least 5 random people talking over the stream :mad:

With all the talk of Sittichai clearly winning I rewatched the fight at half speed with no sound. There were some slight differences I noticed from when I watched the fight at full speed, so I thought I would note them:

R1: Sittichai won by a significant margin. In this round Sittichai lands many sneaky fast crosses at short range that are hard to see at full speed. I had thought he edged it before but in slow mo he clearly won R1.

R2: Sittichai won by a small margin. Just as in the first round, Sittichai landed some quick shots that I didn't see at full speed.

R3: Sittichai won by a small margin. This round surprised me the most. I remember it being Sittichai's strongest round, but in slow motion I thought R1 was his best. Robin increased his output and some of the shots that I discounted as combo spam at normal speed were actually accurate shots. However Sittichai was slightly outlanding him the whole round.

R4: RvR by a significant margin. This is how I saw it in full speed and seems to be the consensus around here anyways, but what was surprising was how cleanly both fighters were landing. Both ate some heavy shots in this round and I believe it is when Robin got his swollen lip.

R5: Sittichai by a small margin. Both of them did well but Sittichai sealed the round with solid punches and knees which won him the round.

Interestingly with a 10 point must system this fight would be about the same as their last fight, which shows how deceiving that can be as RvR had a much stronger performance this time. I really wish this was the first time they had fought because when you remove the emotion around this fight that was generated by the decision in the last fight, it was a very technically beautiful fight that highlighted the skills of both fighters.

"Dutch Karate man never landed anything!"

Thai lady gif*

With all the talk of Sittichai clearly winning I rewatched the fight at half speed with no sound. There were some slight differences I noticed from when I watched the fight at full speed, so I thought I would note them:

R1: Sittichai won by a significant margin. In this round Sittichai lands many sneaky fast crosses at short range that are hard to see at full speed. I had thought he edged it before but in slow mo he clearly won R1.

R2: Sittichai won by a small margin. Just as in the first round, Sittichai landed some quick shots that I didn't see at full speed.

R3: Sittichai won by a small margin. This round surprised me the most. I remember it being Sittichai's strongest round, but in slow motion I thought R1 was his best. Robin increased his output and some of the shots that I discounted as combo spam at normal speed were actually accurate shots. However Sittichai was slightly outlanding him the whole round.

R4: RvR by a significant margin. This is how I saw it in full speed and seems to be the consensus around here anyways, but what was surprising was how cleanly both fighters were landing. Both ate some heavy shots in this round and I believe it is when Robin got his swollen lip.

R5: Sittichai by a small margin. Both of them did well but Sittichai sealed the round with solid punches and knees which won him the round.

Interestingly with a 10 point must system this fight would be about the same as their last fight, which shows how deceiving that can be as RvR had a much stronger performance this time. I really wish this was the first time they had fought because when you remove the emotion around this fight that was generated by the decision in the last fight, it was a very technically beautiful fight that highlighted the skills of both fighters.

"Dutch Karate man never landed anything!"

Thai lady gif*

Good analyses, I think most of us went in with the mindset that anything but a domination by Sittichai means RVR automatically wins, but it's not a domination, I thought the fight was entertaining and very technical but the perception of bias have tainted it a little.

Back