Glory 49 & Redemption: Verhoeven vs Ben Saddik

''"neutralized" that's why he got black and blue marks all over his right side.''

Maybe Pet should have payed attention when the rules were explained. His ribs were completely fine. Those slaps to his arm doesn't mean shit unless he breaks it or RvR can't continue. It could also be effective so that RvR doesn't want to use his right hand for a kick to his ribs, but like I said: He neutralized him completely.

I'm not biased, just giving my honoust opinion.
This is what bugs people. This bogus narrative that Robbin is blocking all of these kicks with his arms. Forget the lunacy of kicks to an unbraced upper arm being a block, shots were being landed clean to the body as well.

Kicks to the body don't count but whiffed punches near the face do = Glory judging. I'll take a sherdog judge anyday.

Glory has been plagued with bad judging and refereeing since the start. GTFO with that...

The 5 judges have improved things a lot. The terribad main event decisions show after show stopped immediately. Still have to cross fingers every time they are in the US and hope they have 3 sane judges around though.

This is what bugs people. This bogus narrative that Robbin is blocking all of these kicks with his arms. Forget the lunacy of kicks to an unbraced upper arm being a block, shots were being landed clean to the body as well.

Satoshi Kobayashi would be happy to know that he was blocking all of Samkor's kicks and was in fact robbed when his arm gave out on him. Who are these people who keep resurrecting this "blocking" nonsense.

Calling people thai "thai fan boys" is just lame. For example nobody is defending Superbon when he legitimately lost in the enfusion final. Other thais have lost aswell and we're not constantly claiming that they won.

No way Robin Van Roosmalen beat Pet or Sittichai though. Gogokhia and Grigorian were closer to beating Sittichai than RVR.

Last edited:
Satoshi Kobayashi would be happy to know that he was blocking all of Samkor's kicks and was in fact robbed when his arm gave out on him. Who are these people who keep resurrecting this "blocking" nonsense.

It's a dutch thing I think, there was a dutch poster on reddit saying the same thing. "Kicks to the arm never scored in kickboxing" Since when?

At this stage of Petpanomrungs career he should stop fighting in the stadiums if he wants to take his kb career seriously. From now on he should just concentrate on fighting kb and international mt. Plenty of fights out there for him. He also shouldn't fight any lighter than 140lbs.

With time he will learn how to fight without clinching but he needs to stop clinching in training. Clinching can be an effective defensive tool but he's been doing it his whole career. He could never clinch again in training for the next 3 years and he will still know how to use it because its been drilled into him after all those years. Instead he should spar fighters with good boxing without clinching. Have a trainer with a little stick that hits him every time he goes in for the clinch. Rely more on using angles with a high guard, slip punches, controlling range with teep, timing his punches when he sees an opening etc. Stuff he already knows but it needs to be drilled in training for him to get comfortable in these type of fights.

He still will clinch during his fights but similar to sittichai and buakaw he wont need to do it as much and it wont cost him a point or boos from the crowd. Sometimes its not just about being effective. Its about finding the balance of being effective whilst pleasing these promotions and fans which he can do. I wish kb was less strict on the clinch but they're not so if he wants to have a successful career he needs to evolve.

And that's too bad because clinching, even only to stifle and reset, is a part of fighting. Of the established sports (boxing, muay thai, MMA and kickboxing), only kickboxing has such a different attitude. The sense is that promoters, refs, commentators and (many) fans view the fighter as inferior or unqualified if they tie up. The list is endless of great fighters who would be penalized and denigrated under Glory rules, and would be disqualified under K-1 rules, simply because they have an understanding of... how to fight. Often times, the strictness on clinching is a way to give the lesser fighter a better chance of winning.

And that's too bad because clinching, even only to stifle and reset, is a part of fighting. Of the established sports (boxing, muay thai, MMA and kickboxing), only kickboxing has such a different attitude. The sense is that promoters, refs, commentators and (many) fans view the fighter as inferior or unqualified if they tie up. The list is endless of great fighters who would be penalized and denigrated under Glory rules, and would be disqualified under K-1 rules, simply because they have an understanding of... how to fight. Often times, the strictness on clinching is a way to give the lesser fighter a better chance of winning.
Exactly. Was watching the Rigondeaux fight the other day and he clinched more than Petpanomrung did yet no point deduction. Crazy how they're stricter in Glory than boxing.

It's a dutch thing I think, there was a dutch poster on reddit saying the same thing. "Kicks to the arm never scored in kickboxing" Since when?

Well that is actually true.. it used to be that kicks to the body only scored if they were not blocked by the arms, no matter the further damage. That's why Dutch kickboxers use the lowkick so much as bodykicks did not score..

Well that is actually true.. it used to be that kicks to the body only scored if they were not blocked by the arms, no matter the further damage. That's why Dutch kickboxers use the lowkick so much as bodykicks did not score..

Where did the precedent start? I know the dutch have not scored them in the past going back to the Sangtiennoi/Dekkers fight but k1 rules were not invented by the dutch. K1 had some questionable decisions but did they ever specify that this technique doesn't score? Nokweed got the extra round vs LeBanner only throwing round kicks to the arm, Changpuek used to throw them a lot too and he won decisions.

Calling people thai "thai fan boys" is just lame. For example nobody is defending Superbon when he legitimately lost in the enfusion final. Other thais have lost aswell and we're not constantly claiming that they won.

No way Robin Van Roosmalen beat Pet or Sittichai though. Gogokhia and Grigorian were closer to beating Sittichai than RVR.

Its kinda true though isn't it? has there ever been a situation where a Thai lost a decision in Glory where we haven't had a load of ranting?

Last edited:
Its kinda true though isn't it? has there ever been a situation where a Thai lost a decision in Glory where we haven't had a load of ranting?
Not many thais have fought in Glory but i mean kickboxing in general. In Glory Yodkhunpon and Kem Sitsongpeenong have lost and i haven't seen anyone here calling the decisions controversial.

Where did the precedent start? I know the dutch have not scored them in the past going back to the Sangtiennoi/Dekkers fight but k1 rules were not invented by the dutch. K1 had some questionable decisions but did they ever specify that this technique doesn't score? Nokweed got the extra round vs LeBanner only throwing round kicks to the arm, Changpuek used to throw them a lot too and he won decisions.
Look at some of the Buakaw vs Souwer fights. Their were instances where they weren't recognizing kicks to arms as they should.

Here's the thing tho, "Kicks to the arms" is very vague. A kick to the upper arm or an out reached arm is not the same as a kick to an arm that is tight to the body with bracing palm from the other arm coming over to reduce impact. IMO, that is a block, but shouldn't totally negate the offense if someone is forced to constantly block like that and not offering a response of offense.

I guess RvR blocked Petpanomrungs punches with his face.

Glory also looks at moving forward as ring generalship regardless of who is dictating range. It's like they judge how somebody that doesn't understand fighting would judge.

Late to the party because I had to find a video of Pereira vs Belgaroui before I read this thread. I'm pretty sure Glory actually does score kicks to the arm, it just scores them minimally like a jab or a push kick. See Pet vs Renita.

When K-1 rules were introduced in Holland it were still the same old judges sitting at ringside. So nothing much changed except the no clinch rule

I don't think it's true at all. Many here are "fans" of the thais but fan"boy" adds a different layer where it's implied you won't ever see reason which is just not true.

People always jump on Yodkhunpon's awful performances for instance. Also just this weekend the "p4p elite" Superbon lost to an unknown dutch and no one said a thing except giving Semeleer praise.

Kem lost to Kiria, Yodkhunpon lost to Beztati, Buakaw lost to Khayal Dzianiev, Superbon lost to Semeleer, Singmanee lost some fights in China, Petchtanong lost to Ilias Bulaid, Yodsanklai lost to Kyshenko and to Yasuhito Shirasu. All of these losses were by decision and nobody complained because the losses were legit.

There were some controversial decisions though that caused complaints not only from thai fanboys but also from kickboxing fans in general. For example Sittichai vs RvR, Petpanomrung vs RvR, Yodsanklai vs Andy Souwer, Buakaw vs Andy Souwer, Pajonsuk Superpro Samui vs Andy Souwer, Kongfah Sitmonchai vs Mohamed Khamal, Jomthong vs Mohamed Khamal. All clear robberies.

There have also been some controversial decisions where thais lost, that didn't cause outcries because the fights were close enough or it didn't really matter much. For example Singdam vs Yang Zhuo, Kaew vs Masaaki Noiri.

Also fights where people already knew the thai was going to get robbed like Buakaw vs Yi Long so people didn't really care.

I don't think it's true at all. Many here are "fans" of the thais but fan"boy" adds a different layer where it's implied you won't ever see reason which is just not true.

People always jump on Yodkhunpon's awful performances for instance. Also just this weekend the "p4p elite" Superbon lost to an unknown dutch and no one said a thing except giving Semeleer praise.
People on here seem to do this with me a lot. They confuse being a fan with being a fanboy. I cant ever have an opinion about certain fighters without being called a fanboy or biased and its annoying. I like certain fighters more than others but I always try to be fair and open minded.

For example I believe arguably sittichai is a better kickboxer than buakaw was. Some disagree but still its something that is debatable because they're both very good kickboxers. But some on here would say "you're a fanboy" because they know im a fan of sittichai and they think that's clouding my judgement when its not. I just genuinely believe he's better under those rules and think the 155lbs division today is better than it was back then for a number of reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back