Media GOAT MMA Music? (V1 - Promotional Edition)

GOAT MMA Promotional Music?

• Total voters
Whoops. No walkouts unless the promotion made them specifically for that fighter

Really? What makes you say that?

Was a nice one-off, but thats about it for me...
Seeing historic moments from the organization in one montage beats any corny stereotypical graphics they usually show. Or the corny gladiator clip( I liked it, but combined with the nu metal it was campy as shit).

Lol at people picking face the pain. The worst song on the list probably

Lol, really surprised so many chose "Face the Pain". People here regularly hated on it when it was regularly played before PPVs, but now a bunch of us like it all of a sudden. The power of nostalgia is real.

it sort of perfectly fit that era though right. When you’d see tons of tap out or affliction shirt-wearers at a bar.

I enjoyed it because I liked the format of those ppv openings- co main fighter A speaks, co main fighter B speaks, main eventer A, main eventer B, montage of highlights of the ten main card fighters while the music plays.

it’s less classy than the Ron Perlman intros I guess but it was entertaining.

Reactions: G10
Fedor's first song wasn't made by the promotion but his second and third songs he had his priest sing I believe...they are Russian folk songs but original renditions

What about Sandstorm by Darude for Wanderlei Silva's walkout theme?

One of, if not the most recognized walkout songs paired with a specific fighter.

Edit: Just saw "promotion made music" so I guess that excludes Sandstorm and Wanderlei. Cold medicine makes me loopy apparently lol.

I like the early UFC walkout music the best, weird you haven't included it. A remix of it is still sometimes used today, for tale of the tape or something?

For example, it was the music that played for Don Frye's first UFC fight, and just about every fight back then.

It goes "Dmm dmm dmm, dmm dmm, DMMM DMMM DMMM DMMMMMMMMMM!"

I like the early UFC walkout music the best, weird you haven't included it. A remix of it is still sometimes used today, for tale of the tape or something?

For example, it was the music that played for Don Frye's first UFC fight, and just about every fight back then.

It goes "Dmm dmm dmm, dmm dmm, DMMM DMMM DMMM DMMMMMMMMMM!"
Cos it's Barely a song

I couldn't wait to hear this in the UFC when he joined the roster! I can't believe this didn't make your list.

Face the Pain was awesome. It meant shit was gonna go down. A bunch of big guys who fought because the liked to fight, not crying about money on social media. Unfortunately they had to 86 the GOAT intro when manlets and chicks started rearing their ugly heads into the UFC. Did they ever use that song when the broads or manlets where headlining or on the maIn card?

Since we're also doing best fighter entrances this is originally got me backk in the sport with along with TUF. I watched the first couple UFCs, but watching Royce go full chick fight and pulling Kimo's hair was lame. Then randomly was at a friend's house when they were watching UFC 52 and felt like the WWE with real fighting. Now it's back to being lame.

Since there are walkout songs on the list I am missing BJ's E Ala E and Sandstorm (already mentioned). But good thread as usual @Buff

Since there are walkout songs on the list I am missing BJ's E Ala E and Sandstorm (already mentioned). But good thread as usual @Buff
Ye was a mistake to include the company walkouts...

Nevermind.

<Fedor23>

Face the Pain was awesome. It meant shit was gonna go down. A bunch of big guys who fought because the liked to fight, not crying about money on social media. Unfortunately they had to 86 the GOAT intro when manlets and chicks started rearing their ugly heads into the UFC. Did they ever use that song when the broads or manlets where headlining or on the maIn card?
Yeah cos none of those guys liked money at all back then. They fought for free and did it for the fans.

Back