GOATs need to have fought at least 40 times

That’s what everyone does. How many people on sherdog have said “If a fighter gets popped for peds than he is no longer eligible to be goat”. That’s a made up rule too.

Failing drug tests is a lot less arbitrary than a minimum number of fights
but if you actually read the post you quoted, i said the whole debate was stupid and arbitrary

It was better when he was not around. He's such a tool.
Ha, I know it’s petty, but the one post which really made wanna slap him around is when he talked about playing online chess while using a program to cheat.

You cannot expect a top fighter in the UFC to fight on average more frequently than once every 9 months. Nobody has a 30 year career unless you fight for pennies in crappy organizations.

Fedors legit defenses were even more infrequent in PRIDE.

Failing drug tests is a lot less arbitrary than a minimum number of fights

No it’s not. This is your opinion but it’s not a fact or in any type of official “rule”. MMA culture and history is saturated with PEDs. You can’t just rule them out of the conversation just because UFC started with USADA a few years ago.

It was better when he was not around. He's such a tool.

If I may make a recommendation, put him on ignore and watch him disappear. It makes Sherdog a slightly better place. It's one thing for someone to disagree with you about your favorite fighter, and that's fine. But when someone does absolutely nothing but heap mounds of shit wherever they go, they're better off invisible.

If I may make a recommendation, put him on ignore and watch him disappear. It makes Sherdog a slightly better place. It's one thing for someone to disagree with you about your favorite fighter, and that's fine. But when someone does absolutely nothing but heap mounds of shit wherever they go, they're better off invisible.

That's true. I actually like my "adversaries" more than people who agree with me, and wouldn't even come as often if it wasn't for the fights and dumb discussions. But there is something off with this guy...

It's not about how many fights you have, it's about how many fights you have against elite competition.
IMHO Jones and GSP have equally good resumes, if not better.
Yes, who you fought counts more than sheer numbers.

Although I love Fedor.

He brings up Fedor and Anderson, and they are both incredible, but GSP has almost as many Top 5 wins as Fedor and Anderson combined.

There's the dumbest sh*t I've heard in a long time. Fedor beat all the best HWs in his era, and they were not in the UFC. All the guys that Anderson fought during his championship reign were top five (except Sonnen). Get your lips off GSP balls.

That's true. I actually like my "adversaries" more than people who agree with me, and wouldn't even come as often if it wasn't for the fights and dumb discussions. But there is something off with this guy...

He and Claude will go out of their way to try to make Anderson look bad in any thread about him, and I really can't imagine what they get out of it. I don't think they're quite right in the head.

and have had a win streak of over 15 fights.

Only two men qualify.

Fedor Emelianenko - 43 fights, 27 fight win streak

Anderson Silva - 43 fights, 17 fight win streak

The 2 GOATs

View attachment 374553 View attachment 374555
That logic is silly because Fedor's last 10 fights, and Silva's last 6 were a joke.

Basically they were more GOAT before they reached 40 fights, and the ones that put them into your criteria only tarnished their careers.

That aside, I agree Fedor and Silva are among the top 4 to ever do it, but Jones and GSP are right there as well.

He brings up Fedor and Anderson, and they are both incredible, but GSP has almost as many Top 5 wins as Fedor and Anderson combined.

GSP fought the same three or four guys repeatedly (Matt Hughes 3X, BJ 3X, Josh Koscheck, 2Xs) GTFOOH. Silva Fought: Franklin, Leites, Forest Griffin, Maia, Bonnar, Belfort, Dan Handerson, Cote, and beat all of them spectacularly. Fedor fought Big Nog--both in his prime, Kevin Randleman (the guy that put Mark Hunt to Sleep), Cro Cop, Matt Lindling, Arlovski, Matt Coleman, Heath Herring, Mark Hunt, Tim Sylvia, and I could go on and on. All of those guys were top five and in their prime and with the ability to do worse damage than a BJ Penn or a Josh Koscheck. Give me a f*cking break. You're a m*ron.

Everyone forgets about Gegard Mousasi- 50 MMA fights 8 KBOXING [8-0].14 years of fighting, most of which being an elite fighter and is in his prime now. I don't know where he is on list but he's certainly on it.This also includes a successful run in UFC.

This doesn't "validate" anything but DJ was asked inside past year who his opinion of the best mmartists of all time were (was asked to come up with 5)......he was able to say 2 names- Jones and Mousasi .

I know people can accuse me of some bias but his resume and the longevity of it speaks for itself

GSP fought the same three or four guys repeatedly (Matt Hughes 3X, BJ 3X, Josh Koscheck, 2Xs) GTFOOH. Silva Fought: Franklin, Leites, Forest Griffin, Maia, Bonnar, Belfort, Dan Handerson, Cote, and beat all of them spectacularly. Fedor fought Big Nog--both in his prime, Kevin Randleman (the guy that put Mark Hunt to Sleep), Cro Cop, Matt Lindling, Arlovski, Matt Coleman, Heath Herring, Mark Hunt, Tim Sylvia, and I could go on and on. All of those guys were top five and in their prime and with the ability to do worse damage than a BJ Penn or a Josh Koscheck. Give me a f*cking break. You're a m*ron.
GSP fans has the most delusional fanbase on Sherdog who bash other greats in order to make their boy seem better than he is.

Back