Social Google employee's anti-diversity Manifesto getting in-house support

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's funny because the guy does seem like a progressive himself, just a fact based progressive, while the rest of the media dont really care for facts, and more emotional based.

He looks at both sides and is trying to reconcile them, using actual facts and logic. That's how I see it.

Basically, he may be sympathetic to some progressive talking points, but he is not willing to accept flat out lies.

If you tell a programmer that 2+2=5 he cannot accept it.

it's funny because the guy does seem like a progressive himself, just a fact based progressive, while the rest of the media dont really care for facts, and more emotional based.
It's true, He gives the impression of genuinely wanting to help make the environment at google and businesses around the world, better for everyone. He chooses his words very carefully, tires to be as politically correct and factual as possible.

I'm sure this is a big red pill for him and anyone who actual read his memo. James is a Trojan horse lol.

There's no honesty in the regressive aspects of the left, just agenda and slander to achieve it. So many outlets will be exposed.

James is becoming a martyr. Listen to the loaded questions from this interviewer, she's so bloody caught up in her emotional response that cannot see past it. He handled himself very well here.

i have to say that i'm very encouraged by most of the responses on a variety of youtube videos from different sources, independent and MSM based, talking about this. Progressives ignoring facts who are caught up in emotional responses are being portrayed like flat earthers, it's grand :D

I saw it a bit differently. I think it's embarrassing that Damore needs to sit down with someone like Jordan Peterson, a PhD, and go through the memo line by line as if it's not plainly obvious that what it says is true, especially the bigger picture.

Then he sits down with Bloomberg, and this broad asks him questions that's fitting for a high school student.

The fact that there is a large enough segment that not only thinks he's wrong, but that he deserves to be fired, doesn't fill me with confidence about the state of things.

I saw it a bit differently. I think it's embarrassing that Damore needs to sit down with someone like Jordan Peterson, a PhD, and go through the memo line by line as if it's not plainly obvious that what it says is true, especially the bigger picture.

Then he sits down with Bloomberg, and this broad asks him questions that's fitting for a high school student.

The fact that there is a large enough segment that not only thinks he's wrong, but that he deserves to be fired, doesn't fill me with confidence about the state of things.
I'm not surprised with Bloomberg's take, or any outlet outside the so called "alt right" like Petersen/Molyneux's approach to his words. I was just referencing the comments on the former outlets. People reiterating the slanderous lies are getting thrashed/outnumbered in the comment sections, at least from what I've seen thus far.

He looks at both sides and is trying to reconcile them, using actual facts and logic. That's how I see it.

Basically, he may be sympathetic to some progressive talking points, but he is not willing to accept flat out lies.

If you tell a programmer that 2+2=5 he cannot accept it.
of course, I've super sympathetic to damore, I'm a software engineer myself. Management can come to me with demands, but I'll break it down to them if they have a bad approach due to data structures or flawed logic. Lying to them is not what makes me valuable.

If I worked for google, I'de be probably collide with them on plenty of issues. I dont care for google, and they can fuck off.

of course, I've super sympathetic to damore, I'm a software engineer myself. Management can come to me with demands, but I'll break it down to them if they have a bad approach due to data structures or flawed logic. Lying to them is not what makes me valuable.

If I worked for google, I'de be probably collide with them on plenty of issues. I dont care for google, and they can fuck off.

I'm also a software engineer, and can relate to Damore.

Also to what you said

I think that a LOT of people in Google and companies like that dealing with these ideological pushes (which contain broken logic), find it really annoying and difficult to accept. Moreso than the average person.

What does he say, precisely, that is so plainly obviously true?

What does he say, precisely, that is so plainly obviously true?

That diversity of thought is more important than diversity of sex and gender, that men and women will naturally be attracted to different fields, and that we should strive for a meritocracy.

That diversity of thought is more important than diversity of sex and gender, that men and women will naturally be attracted to different fields, and that we should strive for a meritocracy.
Only that isn't at all what I got from it. I got that women are not equal to men, not suited for that type of work, and don't deserve the same opportunity as a result. And it's bullshit. Are you aware Google is being sued for chronically underpaying female employees?

Only that isn't at all what I got from it. I got that women are not equal to men, not suited for that type of work, and don't deserve the same opportunity as a result. And it's bullshit.

What did you read? That is a bizarre interpretation.

Only that isn't at all what I got from it. I got that women are not equal to men, not suited for that type of work, and don't deserve the same opportunity as a result. And it's bullshit. Are you aware Google is being sued for chronically underpaying female employees?

I am aware of that. Perhaps they should heed Mr. Damore's criticisms and not focus on sex, which is exactly what he's arguing for.

It's a public document. How about you copy and paste the lines that lead you to that interpretation

Did you actually read the memo???

You didn't answer the first part of the very quote you posted. What will society look like, and how civilized will it be when whites are marginalized?

Do you even South Africa bro? They were never more than 20% of the population yet they ruled South Africa and imposed racial apartheid for generations, and the legacy of it is still there. I think you're gonna be fine when whites are 49% of the population.

And also LOL at how all minorities are one monolithic unit designed to take down whitey. White people will still be the plurality. So you can relax.

I agree with a lot of what Damore said.

However, it was pretty stupid of him to write this memo so publicly because... people seem to be forgetting this - Google is a FOR PROFIT business. It doesn't matter what is fair or "right."

$$$$ Matters. That is the primary goal that trumps everything.

This is bad press for the company and they can't afford literally half their consumers being pissed at them. Nor can they afford alienating a large portion of their employees.

As to the memo itself - I agree there are obvious differences between men and women. And different interests among the sexes is why there are less woman in tech.

However, it is not clinically or scientifically proven that all these differences are purely biological. Yes biology and genes are a factor. But so is social conditioning.

Women on average are more agreeable, less likely to ask for a raise, less likely to move for jobs, etc - but how much of it is social conditioning and how much is biological?

Science has not proven or answered this question thoroughly enough to make such definitive proclamations. But Damore presented it as 100% completely proven fact - when that is far from the case.

A lot of the characteristics of women could be due to SOCIETAL conditioning.

I agree with a lot of what Damore said.

However, it was pretty stupid of him to write this memo so publicly because... people seem to be forgetting this - Google is a FOR PROFIT business. It doesn't matter what is fair or "right."

$$$$ Matters. That is the primary goal that trumps everything.

This is bad press for the company and they can't afford literally half their consumers being pissed at them. Nor can they afford alienating a large portion of their employees.

As to the memo itself - I agree there are obvious differences between men and women. And different interests among the sexes is why there are less woman in tech.

However, it is not clinically or scientifically proven that all these differences are purely biological. Yes biology and genes are a factor. But so is social conditioning.

Women on average are more agreeable, less likely to ask for a raise, less likely to move for jobs, etc - but how much of it is social conditioning and how much is biological?

Science has not proven or answered this question thoroughly enough to make such definitive proclamations. But Damore presented it as 100% completely proven fact - when that is far from the case.

A lot of the characteristics of women could be due to SOCIETAL conditioning.

There was no claim that all differences between men and women are biological. Curious if you could point out the claim you are referring to.

It's interesting to note, about the memo being public, that it was sent to some of his colleagues internally about a month ago and then someone else went public with it. It doesn't appear as though there was any intent on 'going public'

James is becoming a martyr. Listen to the loaded questions from this interviewer, she's so bloody caught up in her emotional response that cannot see past it. He handled himself very well here.

i have to say that i'm very encouraged by most of the responses on a variety of youtube videos from different sources, independent and MSM based, talking about this. Progressives ignoring facts who are caught up in emotional responses are being portrayed like flat earthers, it's grand :D

Damore reminds me of Thomas Middleditch from the show Silicon Valley.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back