Gordon Ryan says that Luke Rockhold would "dominate most ADCC champions with ease"

He could have been greater learning from Fitch Cormier and Cains chain wrestling off of single legs

I basically can only remember like one time I've seen Rockhold try for a takedown off of a traditional shot

His style is almost the counter to Cains and DCs
Long kicks tremendous defensive wrestling, scrambling to top and submissions. It's like he developed a style to beat those guys
Very interesting point

The yin to their yang

Luke Rockhold is one of the biggest middleweight I've ever seen in the 19 years I've vested into MMA/cage fighting.
He has also evolved his ground game to a level that is just fucking flat out scary. Flip side of the coin, the integrity of his chin has regressed to the point where I'd be surprised if he got his hands on UFC gold again. He's still one of the top 5 middleweights in world and rematch with Weidman will be very telling where he is right now and I'd install Luke as a slight/to mild favorite over Chris (Like-150, -160,-170 range).
Looking forward to this fight.

Yeah but he would lose to weidman i guess

In the first screenshot of TS post, there's a commenter saying Luke fought Roger Gracie in MMA and won. Is that true? I can't find the fight in Fight Finder and don't recall it either. Is he thinking of Jacare, not Roger?

Not surprised

Luke is among the best pure mat grapplers in the UFC and he’s a monster on top. It’s always been a shame to me that he relies so heavily on leaning back and throwing check hooks.

Every time he’s on top he’s either mauling or tapping someone

Couldnt agree more, dude needs to take people down and actually use his jiu jitsu. His striking is decent but his chin has been checked as of late.

No Gi he might beat them . No way in hell does Rockhold beat BJJ juggernauts like Leandro Lo or Buchecha with the Gi though.

Luke is a top pick against semi legit guys, but when competition gets tougher(Romero, Vitor or think Musasi) he crumbles. He lacks proper stricking/boxing, has no KO power. He is just a tall lanky dude with some submission game. If he can't take the opponent down, he gets stiff, reserved and eventually his chin gives up. Time is up for him with guys like Romero around.

He's already beaten Danis. I believe it was at the opening round of last year's ADCCs

He's definitely on it, but so are 90% of the top BJJ guys nowadays

Well as hated as Danis is, I think he's one of the few that isn't on it. Tonon either.

Well, that's his opinion, i can respect that.
We can all debate about it, but to say he has no bias is ridiculous.
If it was Vinny Magalhaes saying these things, would be different.

af99e52a65ac42482201e22f37e263ba.png

It's a shame he fights like he does. Dude is so smug that he'd rather end up getting knocked out than give any indication in his demeanor that his opponent is a threat to him that deserves his respect. He shows no urgency at all when he's on the feet. It'd be nice to see him move up to LHW, let his body fill out and start pushing the takedown more.

Well then, let’s see a Jacare rematch already. Put this shit to bed.

Rockhold is one of the most talented and one of the dumbest people in MMA ever. Khabib and DC should kidnap him, tie him up and bully him until he agrees to drill single and double legs every day.

Rockhold is one of the most talented and one of the dumbest people in MMA ever. Khabib and DC should kidnap him, tie him up and bully him until he agrees to drill single and double legs every day.

can't be great at everything... the guy did wrestling growing up but ended up sticking with BJJ into adulthood for a reason

Ridiculous. Gordon toyed with and subbed Barnett easily just last week. Yoel isn't a positional grappler, and he has no chance to sub Gordon.

Agreed, Yoel's positional grappling is weak, he has strong takedowns and TDD but his guard passing and top game are weak, people get up from under him a lot.

Steroids are injected into the stomach? I’m completely ignorant about steroids and peds but that method sounds painful

Yes, apparently the most popular injection spot seems to be the middle of the stomach area below the sternum. There have been threads showing neddle marks in the same area from Jones, Belfort and others that poppped for PEDs or have been suspected of using PEDs.

Yes, apparently the most popular injection spot seems to be the middle of the stomach area below the sternum. There have been threads showing neddle marks in the same area from Jones, Belfort and others that poppped for PEDs or have been suspected of using PEDs.
That’s crazy

Well, that's his opinion, i can respect that.
We can all debate about it, but to say he has no bias is ridiculous.
If it was Vinny Magalhaes saying these things, would be different.

af99e52a65ac42482201e22f37e263ba.png
From the other photo he looked short but the man is built

Back