Gordon Ryan says that Luke Rockhold would "dominate most ADCC champions with ease"

After an accident, I had to get daily shots in my stomach to stop my blood from clotting. Hurt like hell.
And now? You still inject into your stomach? Or are you better now?

It always amazes me that, years after the first big cross-discipline camp (Mo Smith, TK, F. Shamrock) people still arent taking advantage of the strengths of their camp-mates to fill the gaps in their games. Look at how Shield's striking never got better and the Diaz's TD/D never improved after years together. If I were in those camps I would 100% be asking my teammates to show me how to remove my weaknesses. AKA is another one where you have top strikers with shit wrestling and top wrestlers with shit striking and not a lot of improvement from either side.
Some people just suck though. I’ve known people who did boxing for years and they absolutely can’t throw a proper punch. Some people lack coordination.

If only he knew a couple of takedowns

Dude, exactly. Rockhold has by far the nastiest GnP I've seen from anyone at 185. When he gets guys down, he dominates the top position.

I always figured working with Daniel Cormier would lead to him developing better takedowns... if he did that, he'd be almost unstoppable. But for some reason he continues to stand and trade with people, and his poor striking defense tends to fail him.

And now? You still inject into your stomach? Or are you better now?
It was just the first couple of weeks because my leg was immobilized completely. I’m fit as a fiddle now.

I had a lot of excess (not sure what the word is) blood right above my knee and it didn’t go away and the doctor had to take it out with a huge ass syringe. That was the worst one actually because he had to go really deep and he had to extract a couple of times. He filled up two medical dishes (again not sure what the word in English is)’

high praise...prodigy grappler for sure. had a skateboarding/surfing background only growing up.
below avg talent in stand up and super chinny though

Dude, exactly. Rockhold has by far the nastiest GnP I've seen from anyone at 185. When he gets guys down, he dominates the top position.

I always figured working with Daniel Cormier would lead to him developing better takedowns... if he did that, he'd be almost unstoppable. But for some reason he continues to stand and trade with people, and his poor striking defense tends to fail him.

This. If he had better offensive wrestling, tucked his chin, and could throw proper combinations with his hands instead of being a 'one shot at a time' guy, he could be the best fighter on the planet. Certainly top five. The man is a fucking monster.

It was just the first couple of weeks because my leg was immobilized completely. I’m fit as a fiddle now.

I had a lot of excess (not sure what the word is) blood right above my knee and it didn’t go away and the doctor had to take it out with a huge ass syringe. That was the worst one actually because he had to go really deep and he had to extract a couple of times. He filled up two medical dishes (again not sure what the word in English is)’
Sounds horrific, nice to know you’re all fixed up.

Yoel outgrapples Rockhold with ease.

Yoel could probably demolish Gordon Ryan under any ruleset.
Ridiculous. Gordon toyed with and subbed Barnett easily just last week. Yoel isn't a positional grappler, and he has no chance to sub Gordon.

This. If he had better offensive wrestling, tucked his chin, and could throw proper combinations with his hands instead of being a 'one shot at a time' guy, he could be the best fighter on the planet. Certainly top five. The man is a fucking monster.
Then he would be MW Fedor.

Luke is a phenomenal grappler, good to see him being appreciated. Hope he takes that 205 belt in the future

Does anyone else think he limited himself with that AKA signature underhook cage pin position? That and knockdowns, slips, etc are the only way he gets it to the ground.

Well Rockhold is a grappling prodigy ( at least for the mat part ) so I can't say I'm surprised

Does anyone else think he limited himself with that AKA signature underhook cage pin position? That and knockdowns, slips, etc are the only way he gets it to the ground.

He could have been greater learning from Fitch Cormier and Cains chain wrestling off of single legs

I basically can only remember like one time I've seen Rockhold try for a takedown off of a traditional shot

His style is almost the counter to Cains and DCs
Long kicks tremendous defensive wrestling, scrambling to top and submissions. It's like he developed a style to beat those guys

Luke seems amazing on the mat. He’d be fun to learn from

He could have been greater learning from Fitch Cormier and Cains chain wrestling off of single legs

I basically can only remember like one time I've seen Rockhold try for a takedown off of a traditional shot

His style is almost the counter to Cains and DCs
Long kicks tremendous defensive wrestling, scrambling to top and submissions. It's like he developed a style to beat those guys

Good point never thought about that.

Instead of picking up similar tendencies(barring a few) he developed an anti wrestle-boxer style. Very interesting. Explains why he had much success vs Kennedy, Jacare, Yoel, Weidman, etc but was eating shots from Branch, Lyoto, etc. Those longer range strikers.

Good catch.

Regarding his chin, it only looked suspect against Bisping, who is not a power puncher. He took some good shots from Romero before getting KTFO. And Romero can KO mostly anybody. Same for TRT Vitor. Yes, he doesn't have a Condit or Roy chin, but his chin is not his biggest problem. Takedowns and boxing defense, most likely.

I think the joke about Luke’s chin more came from how cocky he was and the shocked reaction to Bisping clipping him. Even though Bisping is a power puncher, that shot and how open Luke’s chin was would probably get 90% of fighters.

He also does not have the best reactions to big shots. Rather than cover up he tries to balance himself. Each of his KOs he is planted on his butt with his hands at his side

Regarding his chin, it only looked suspect against Bisping, who is not a power puncher. He took some good shots from Romero before getting KTFO. And Romero can KO mostly anybody. Same for TRT Vitor. Yes, he doesn't have a Condit or Roy chin, but his chin is not his biggest problem. Takedowns and boxing defense, most likely.
Perfectly put

Back