Gov Cuomo calls Chinese virus "European virus" in DNC speech

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Why is the Russian fighter Zangief portrayed as the winds of fear?

Lol.. good catch...

CAPCOM should sue Coumo for copyrights violation!

Well I guess We just to Shoryuken and Haduuuuken the Flu!!!

Fluuryuken HaaaFkuuuken...

Gaaaaaddd Fuccckkkkkkkk

Wewrwwrwrwwrreeee ahuuuuughrrtt

You need to keep up. Or you can just go bomb some other thread with racial genetics comments, which seems to be more in your comfort zone.
Then calling it European is a massive misnomer.
Sorry buddeh, you may not like it but genes matter. It would be interesting to see how different ethnicities are affected by the symptoms, especially seeing as some of them are predisposed to hypertension etc.

1598009964118.jpg

Coincidence?
@AnGrYcRoW thinks so.

These guys live in a world composed entirely of coincidences

I know that in one of the NY studies came back saying 2/3 were directly from Europe, and one study came across a case that was almost directly from Asia, but most likely had a stop in Seattle before NY. So it was likely somebody from Seattle that traveled to Asia, then back to Seattle, then visited New York. Or I guess it could have just been a person from Asia who was site-seeing all over the country. But that's the only reference I've seen to the West Coast that I came across because when I was reading these articles in April the primary focus on was on NYC and New Jersey. At that time, there wasn't a huge focus on the West Coast or the South because NYC was considered ground zero for cases.

Are there studies that the Newwark and Italians strains richer than the Chinese house strain? And that is Italy got hit harder and it somehow got richer when it arrived in the NYC and then started getting softer again as it spread to other states?

Yeah.

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/ne...are-primarily-from-european-and-us-sources-pr

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...-in-ny-came-from-europe-other-states/2518796/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/science/new-york-coronavirus-cases-europe-genomes.html

Trump was so gung-ho about focusing on China because it's easy political points for him during a time that we are at-odds with China. But the myopic approach completely ignored the fact that the virus was already in other countries, and coming to America on a daily basis. New Yorkers were traveling to Europe, contracting the virus, and bringing it home, all while Trump was focusing on China and banning travel from China.

Cuomo's remark was to highlight that. Trump was playing politics with China, using all sorts of China-inspired labels for the virus, etc, while Americans were actually contracting the virus from Europe and Europeans.
Ok, but that still doesn't mean that the virus originated in Europe so its pretty hilarious people would call this a European Virus. That would insinuate that it originated there.

Ok, but that still doesn't mean that the virus originated in Europe so its pretty hilarious people would call this a European Virus. That would insinuate that it originated there.

Like I said, he was being acerbic. He was mocking the fact that Trump was being so myopic regarding China for political reasons, while the real threat was coming in from elsewhere.

It was not a complicated statement that he made, it was very clear what he saying to anybody who understood that NY was hit by European travelers, not Chinese travelers. What Cuomo probably did not know, is that many Americans are still oblivious to this.

Are there studies that the Newwark and Italians strains richer than the Chinese house strain? And that is Italy got hit harder and it somehow got richer when it arrived in the NYC and then started getting softer again as it spread to other states?

I'm not sure. Part of it is likely cultural, since Italians tend to live in multi-generational households with old-folks and young people in close proximity. They are also a close-talking, affectionate people. Italians kiss hello, kiss goodbye, etc. They are also a population that smokes a lot of cigarettes.

Right now, Texas and Florida are having terrible issues. But my guess is that is more just reckless disregard for precautions than anything else. There is plenty of space in those states to socially distance yourself in most scenarios.

Edit: I also just remembered that Italy has a much older population that many other countries. The average age of an Italian is 7 years older than an America. That's very significant, considering the people most affected by Covid.

Last edited:
Like I said, he was being acerbic. He was mocking the fact that Trump was being so myopic regarding China for political reasons, while the real threat was coming in from elsewhere.

It was not a complicated statement that he made, it was very clear what he saying to anybody who understood that NY was hit by European travelers, not Chinese travelers. What Cuomo probably did not know, is that many Americans are still oblivious to this.

TBF, no one knew that until we started getting a better understanding of the virus. claiming Trump banned flights for China as a political move is nothing but an opinion...he did the right thing based on what was known at the time...my opinion is that Cuomo and other politicians would have shit their bed if he would have had the foresight to stop all travel...

It has a name. Why do we keep coming back to geography?

No one calls Jackie Chan Chinese Actor because we know his name. Using anything other than the virus' name is politicizing it one way or another.

You need to keep up. Or you can just go bomb some other thread with racial genetics comments, which seems to be more in your comfort zone.
So if I'm born in State A and live there for 25 years, then live in state B for 2 years, then move to State C is it more accurate to tell folks I'm from State A or State B?

Lol.. good catch...

CAPCOM should sue Coumo for copyrights violation!

Well I guess We just to Shoryuken and Haduuuuken the Flu!!!

Fluuryuken HaaaFkuuuken...

Gaaaaaddd Fuccckkkkkkkk

Wewrwwrwrwwrreeee ahuuuuughrrtt
Hahahaha!! You're too much sometime haha!

Sonic FLUuuuume!

I'm not sure. Part of it is likely cultural, since Italians tend to live in multi-generational households with old-folks and young people in close proximity. They are also a close-talking, affectionate people. Italians kiss hello, kiss goodbye, etc. They are also a population that smokes a lot of cigarettes.

Right now, Texas and Florida are having terrible issues. But my guess is that is more just reckless disregard for precautions than anything else. There is plenty of space in those states to socially distance yourself in most scenarios.

Edit: I also just remembered that Italy has a much older population that many other countries. The average age of an Italian is 7 years older than an America. That's very significant, considering the people most affected by Covid.

I am thankfull Manila did not end up like Italy we live in multigen housings in slums like sardines.

And it seems the deaths in Italy looks so much worst because a lot of it are concentrated in one area and even the cemeteries and funeral homes got overwhelemed

Dude, China didn't make great efforts to stop traveling out of their country after they discovered the virus. Trying to low-key blame Italy is dishonest. Fuck China.

Remember when this guy was the darling of the Dems? He got Avenattid real quick cause he’s a fool... it’s like him and his brother are both Fredo

“The European” virus....seriously who is he trying to gaslight here?
He still is the Darling, hence this thread <Lmaoo>

In his press conferences, Cuomo repeated ad-nauseum that he believed most of the cases in NY came from European travellers. I'm assuming his wording was a reference to that and making fun of Trump for calling it the China virus. It did come out pretty damn cringy though. I don't get the poster thing either, it feels very out of touch and narcissistic.

TBF, no one knew that until we started getting a better understanding of the virus. claiming Trump banned flights for China as a political move is nothing but an opinion...he did the right thing based on what was known at the time...my opinion is that Cuomo and other politicians would have shit their bed if he would have had the foresight to stop all travel...

Didn't people give him shit for banning the flights from China to begin with?

Didn't people give him shit for banning the flights from China to begin with?

Yep, and rumor has it that some mayors and governors encouraged folks to attend Chinese celebrations in the cities to show how not racist they were after Trump banned flights from China

Back