Greatest combination of all time?

He certainly wasn't in his prime for that fight. He'd already been down the road of partying and slacking by that point, which really showed. Not to take anything away from Buster, who fought very well and deserves his place in history.

theres a difference between being in ur prime and training like an idiot. Mike was still in his prime during this fight.

The "aura" of Tyson actually never ended. People always expected Tyson to win his next fight by devastating KO, right up until the Lewis fight. Many people considered the Holyfield losses upsets, even knowing Douglas stopped him.

So true. A popular culture icon. 'You look like you've been ten rds with Tyson!' or 'It felt like I'd taken a shot from Tyson!'. No one since has taken the mantle.
To the masses its Ali & Tyson.

theres a difference between being in ur prime and training like an idiot. Mike was still in his prime during this fight.

This. He was 24 years old and 100% in his prime physically. He just stopped training hard and got VD before the fight because he was wayward.

It's true that he wasn't in his best shape, but the world and the history books don't care if you trained hard or not. That's on you.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned RJJ's fight ending combination against vinny pazienza. That $hit was vicious!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned RJJ's fight ending combination against vinny pazienza. That $hit was vicious!

I think in order to be considered the greatest combination it has to be landed on a great fighter in a big moment.

Roy Jones knocked out a lot of cans with a lot of pretty combinations, but unless we're watching a highlight video with "Ya'll musta forgot" in the background, nobody really remembers or cares what he did to Vinny Bag'o Donuts.

Back