Who's your all-time favorite boxer? And who's your current/active favorite boxer?

All time I'm gonna have to say Wladimir Klitschko, current I'm gonna have to go with Devin Haney.

All time - RJJ, SRR, Khaosai Galaxy, McClellan and Hagler

Currently - Inoue, Beterbiev, Matias, Choco, Usyk and Morrell

All Time: From my list of James Toney, Mike Tyson, Erik Morales, Roy Jones, Marco Antonio Barrerra, B-Hop, Delahoya, K. Tszyu, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Pernell Whitaker, Nasseem Hamed, Arturo Gatti, Macho Camacho, Boom Boom Mancini, Salvador Sanchez.......gotta go with Lights Out James Toney. He was always entertaining.

Current: Bud Crawford

all time: hearns, pernell, gomez, tunney, lewis

current: bivol, jesse bam, sanchez, opetaia, sylve

Last edited:
All Time: Salvador Sanchez
Current: Canelo or Luis Alberto Lopez, Juan Francisco Estrada, Emmanuel Navarrete

Ali.
Miles ahead.

Then Hearns, Leonard, Ricardo Lopez etc etc

Current: Usyk

Can’t pick just one...
All time:
Julian Jackson
Hagler
Arguello
Currently:
Inoue
Beterbiev
Benavidez

All time: Tyson, Kostya Tszyu, Joe Calzaghe

Current: Timofey Tszyu, Fury (well, Fury of a few years ago), Inoue

I saw that fight against Lacy like so many but I wish he’d fought more fighters at their peak. Not disputing his greatness but for me that asterix is there.

Naseem Hamed, Lennox Lewis
Loma, Bivol, Estrada

mk
And you got to just pick one of each.

Muhammad Ali is my all-time favorite by far.

And current/active Naoya Inoue. The guy is a beast.

Current: Francis NGannou

All time: Francis NGannou

Foreman was probably my favorite. Not for his boxing per se, but for who he was... and being a remarkable boxer. Khabib once said something to the effect of "nobody has 2 primes", but George Forman kinda did have two primes. Came back as an old man with a completely reworked defensive strategy and won the belt again.

Honorable mention Nicolino Locche just cause I love that he should have been terrible. A chain smoker who didn't like to cut or train hard, wasn't much a puncher, and was overall offensively mediocre but made a career of being almost comedically unhittable.

Current... maybe Shakur Stevenson. I think that kid is under rated. He does everything very well. Excellent combo puncher, good blend of hand speed and power, minimal telegraphing. He can pour shots through his opponent's guard. Excelent footwork, distance management, and defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back