Who's your favorite athlete of all-time?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like across the board of all sports. Who's your favorite?

I've been mentioning this guy a lot but I love watching him at his prime.

Followed by Muhammad Ali

This thread reminded about Fedor Emelianenko. He's definitely up there. Totally forgot about him.

Last edited:
LeBron, obviously. Maybe followed by Peyton.

d8ee50714da578e9a5fbf69e956da381.gif

Tough call really. I guess the two who got me most excited when I was younger.

Either Michael Jordan, or Iron Mike Tyson (not the shell of a person Don King and Robin Givens created).

When Tyson was managed by Cus and trained by Rooney, he was a controlled savage with KO power in either hand. It's a shame Don King ruined him.

Shohei Ohtani over GSP. Both seem to have good character and elite in their sports, but Shohei seems a bit nutty based on his facial expressions to his teammates.

Tough call really. I guess the two who got me most excited when I was younger.

Either Michael Jordan, or Iron Mike Tyson (not the shell of a person Don King and Robin Givens created).

When Tyson was managed by Cus and trained by Rooney, he was a controlled savage with KO power in either hand. It's a shame Don King ruined him.

Was Mike Tyson demise inevitable though? It seems once his father figure/great mentor passed away, it was the end for him during that time. And Cus was an old man when he took Mike under his wing. So it was also a matter of time that Cus was going to go and Mike would lose that guidance.

Although, Mike has bounced back beautifully nowadays. He's like Cus now. So it came full circle for him I believe.

Was Mike Tyson demise inevitable though? It seems once his father figure/great mentor passed away, it was the end for him during that time. And Cus was an old man when he took Mike under his wing. So it was also a matter of time that Cus was going to go and Mike would lose that guidance.

Although, Mike has bounced back beautifully nowadays. He's like Cus now. So it came full circle for him I believe.
I do agree with you, Cus passing away had a monumental impact on Tyson, and I think he was the only one who treated Mike with respect enough to keep him grounded. Cus might have been the only person who never took advantage of Mike (at least that I can recall).

That being said, I really believe had King not pushed Rooney out (as the trainer), Tyson still might have remained a boxer instead of a brawler.

Back