Greatest combination of all time?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
one of the greatest.most brutal fights of all time. Is this the greatest combination to end a fight ever?

another one in the running could be ali-willaims. Ali landed so many combos it was like a video game, including the last one to end it where he threw in an ali shuffle.

Id say the left right that put away malik scott from deontay wilders is the greatest of the modern era.

LaMotta/Robinson V finish
Marquez vs Katsidis/Diaz
Pac's combos against Margarito were unreal.
Gatti/Gamache finish.

[YT]?v=5nuWHtWToXw[/YT]

51.30 to 51.45 - Ray turning it on in the 13th, amazing.

Is the Pryor/Arguello one really a single combination? It's more like a steady barrage. I wouldn't classify it as a single combination. Maybe several.

The one that pops to mind recently is the Canelo one on Lopez:

EDIT: Maybe not entirely true. If you only take the last part where Pryor has Arguello on the ropes, then I'd consider it a single combination since there is no reset. That is nasty stuff!

LaMotta/Robinson V finish
Marquez vs Katsidis/Diaz
Pac's combos against Margarito were unreal.
Gatti/Gamache finish.

The combo landed by Gatti at the end of his fight against Gamache was pretty brutal.

I instantly thought of what makes a great combo puncher when I saw this thread.. heres my list of things to look for

1. Maintains range during the combo
2. maintains balance and proper foot placement during the combo
3. Targets body and head
4. maintains defensive integrity

I don't think Roy, May, Pac, or DLH (just to name a few) get on the list just because they didn't really meet my criteria.. Oscar for example threw some great combos on occasion, but also had a bad habit of smothering himself and head hunting. Roy and May both walk themself off balance as they throw extended combos.. and Pac gives up his defensive integrity.

These guys had it in spades though
[YT]49JiYR9Y_48[/YT]
[YT]fQfc58XeQXQ[/YT]
[YT]uli7k9jy-rM[/YT]

Marquez has insane combinations, I'll always love this one

juan-manuel-marquez_terdsak-jandaeng.gif

plus the fight against Terdsak Jandaeng was also a classic.

I instantly thought of what makes a great combo puncher when I saw this thread.. heres my list of things to look for

1. Maintains range during the combo
2. maintains balance and proper foot placement during the combo
3. Targets body and head
4. maintains defensive integrity

I don't think Roy, May, Pac, or DLH (just to name a few) get on the list just because they didn't really meet my criteria.. Oscar for example threw some great combos on occasion, but also had a bad habit of smothering himself and head hunting. Roy and May both walk themself off balance as they throw extended combos.. and Pac gives up his defensive integrity.

These guys had it in spades though
[YT]49JiYR9Y_48[/YT]
[YT]fQfc58XeQXQ[/YT]
[YT]uli7k9jy-rM[/YT]

Great post Cracky.

Those videos were a joy to watch. Ricardo Lopez is one of my favourites, Chavez was incredible within his style and I was very impressed by the JMM video as well.

I love that kind of boxing.

Gatti/Gamache is my favourite too, but this one is brutal.

the mercer morrison one is awesome,poor guy.

but still awesome

The one that came to mind for me was this:
[YT]MOxPx_mEtb4[/YT]

The 2 punch sequence Lewis used to stop Rahman was pretty.

Not the greatest I suppose.

Back